Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always viewed garrisons as just a side-game, since they were announced. Much like the farm in Pandaria.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    this-ten ch
    Quote Originally Posted by Masyws View Post
    In sincerely hope that the next step is an account-wide improved player housing :P
    - - - Updated - - -

slowing the rate of growth is not a cut.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    Not sure how many of you saw that statement posted by blizz bout not wanting garrisons in the next expac....but after i heard it i kinda stopped caring about the garrisons.
    1) That's 1-2 years away.

2) The garrison obviously wouldn't continue in its current state into a new expansion. Even if they do garrisons again in very much the same way, they'd still start us with a brand new garrison from scratch next xpac.

3) I think what they're really saying is that they don't want to be creatively tied down such that they have to repeat the entire garrison content every expansion. They might give us a castle instead, or who knows what.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yeah, I understood that "one of their goals for the expansion was to add a feature that felt like it gave players new gameplay that feels important and thematically tied to the expansion". Show that sentence to people without saying the word "garrisons" and ask them what it is about and how much useful info is there.

Generic. Blabber.
    It's almost like key words and nouns are important components of sentences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    about the longevity of the garrison....
    I truly believe how people need to stop judging from a rather irrational viewpoint of a (at least borderline) gaming addict.
    If you got all your priorities in order, and play at a total rational healthy time schedule the garrison lasts a very long time into the expansions age.. I give it at least 6 month until it effectively slows down. And by then they add new stuff to them. The garrison is most definitely a lot more versatile than the Tiller farm.

Whether we get to use it in the next expansion or not, I don't really waste much thought over that, since the current expansion barely began.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Blizzard doesn't want garrisons in the next expansion?

Good, we're in agreement then.

It's funny watching people take "Garrisons may or may not be in future expansions" as "Garrisons will never come back. Ever! ALERT THE INTERNET!!!".

Sooo... all my followers will be just sitting in alternate-timeline Draenor, awaiting to do missions forever?

Farmer Yoon moved on. My dog moved to my Garrison. Why must my Garrison rot come 7.0?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I don't know if it's cause I'm a bit late to the expansion, but as of right now I'm loving the garrison a LOT. It makes me a bit sad to see Bliz doesn't intend to keep it...

Quote Originally Posted by youaki View Post
    I don't know if it's cause I'm a bit late to the expansion, but as of right now I'm loving the garrison a LOT. It makes me a bit sad to see Bliz doesn't intend to keep it...
    They won't continue your current garrison after WoD. Doesn't mean you'll never see the gameplay again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am personally really enjoying Garrisons. I do hope some of it will be used for the next expansion, since I think it has had a pretty positive effect on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    Not sure how many of you saw that statement posted by blizz bout not wanting garrisons in the next expac....but after i heard it i kinda stopped caring about the garrisons.

Now im only using the garrison to level mining/engineering on of my characters and spamming follower missions getting them all to epic level 100 high ilvl(because its addicting) on my character that got the most lucky with follower proc's.

Im indifferent about the whole thing now...at first I was annoyed but then ive come to realize there isnt much to do with a garrison once youve completed the majority of tasks...not much longevity in them (at least enjoyable longevity)
    I'd care if I was you....

I've made (and havent checked in yet today) around 140k ONLY from garrison mines/herbs/salvage loot

personaly, i've stopped farming for mining and herbs, i've buying for a few thousand of gold at the AH a mountain of this and put all on one alt bank, it's too much time consuming to connect each alt and farm their mining and farm, same thing with missions, i'm just doing my main mission and that's all, i personaly thing that garrison is a big failure... 90% of the garrison is not automatic and that why it is a failure, you should only connect one time per week and per character, tell your pnj what mission to do for the week and farm for you the mine and the farm..i mean, what is the deal to have people working for you if they dont do anything ?

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Loot. Money. Pets. Professions.

The farm is gone, but we abused the hell out of that.
    Massive daily hubs are gone. But we abused the hell out of that.
    Dungeon/Raid dailies are gone. But we abused the hell out of that.

Every expansion is going to have a 'thing' that helps us during that expansion, that serves a purpose. It sounds a lot more like you don't know how to effectively use yours, or you simply have no desire to get the above listed things.

Granted, if you are in a mythic guild with a million gold and all the pets and all your professions at 700/700 on all your alts... Then yes, maybe they don't provide much. But they people that fall into that category are like... Eight.

Maybe your endgame consists of "a mythic guild with a million gold and all the pets and all your professions at 700/700 on all your alts"
    but it is not the same for every single person.

Other than our raid progression there is nothing more to look forward to in this game atm. very lackluster content

The "thing" of WoD is a mini single player hub that was overly hyped and a depressing let down.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like regular housing, just with no ties to professions, nor bonuses for raiding etc.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    The best part abouth garrisons is that you can still use them to make gold even after WoD ends(jc dailies/scribe workd orders)

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Horde garrison looks awful. Will be glad to see it go.
    THIS…!!!

The exact reason I switched back to Alliance this expac…

I love my garrision! I just made so much gold and other stuff with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post
    What? They just implemented this feature on the live realms and they already decided it's absolete?! Based on what, exactly?!
    it is mostly based on the fact that players find it boring as hell.

Deleted
    yes I think its time for Guild garrisons ! that would be great the GM and the officers could give out orders for the members to go grind shit while we could hang out in the officers mess with a few beers hehe. also there could be more raid quests to unlock once enough members in the guild had the right ilvl and so on , am not sure if smaller guilds could compete with high pop guilds so there could still be the option of followers if needed to help out smaller guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
    it is mostly based on the fact that players find it boring as hell.
    Some do yes, others no. It's not like you can't substitute any one of a number of things that people find boring besides garrisons: pet battles, questing, archaeology, some people even find raiding boring. Those aren't going anywhere and quite likely something like a garrison will be in the next expansion as well. Changed, improved (for some), in a different spot. Blizzard will do their iteration thing.

Here's Chilton's quote from the AMA:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Super happy overall with how garrisons have worked out, at least for now. One of our goals for the expansion was to add a feature that felt like it gave players new gameplay that feels important and thematically tied to the expansion. We'll have to wait and see on future expansions. Certainly, we have a goal of providing awesome new gameplay that mixes up your experience for future expansions, but that can take many forms (be it "garrisons 2.0", elements of garrisons mixed in with other new stuff, other new stuff completely, etc). Regardless, new stuff that fits an expansion well and doesn't feel like an already-solved problem is definitely cool!
    So no, I don't think that says exactly that garrisons won't be in the next expansion. Quite likely something based on garrisons and using the technology will be there. It makes no sense that if we move on to a different place or back to our timeline that our garrison would come with us. The military constructs and abandon bases all the time when engaged in a war.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-12-28 at 10:07 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."