Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Method ran 2 arms warriors on their first mythic imperator kill, Paragon ran a fury warrior I believe.

I'm enjoying playing gladiator because I don't have to bounce specs. AoE, passive cleave, and single target are all substantive and not greatly affected by movement or dependent on procs.

It's true that the APM requirement is higher on glad, but it has the advantage of being mostly muscle memory versus the proc dependent fury or the rage dependent arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfingers View Post
    I'm enjoying playing gladiator because I don't have to bounce specs. AoE, passive cleave, and single target are all substantive and not greatly affected by movement or dependent on procs.
    And behind both other DPS options, without even having a raid CD. Fairly detrimental to your raid

Quote Originally Posted by Stylezyó View Post
    And behind both other DPS options, without even having a raid CD. Fairly detrimental to your raid
    im sorry but unless you're shooting for world top rankings there's no reason to think of it like that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    im sorry but unless you're shooting for world top rankings there's no reason to think of it like that anymore
    So unless you're aiming for world rankings you should gimp yourself, substantially fall below the standard, and do w/e you want based on emotion/feelings to a spec?

Why do you even play(raid) this game?

It's not like any top warriors played Glad for most of progression, right?
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

So unless you're aiming for world rankings you should gimp yourself, substantially fall below the standard, and do w/e you want based on emotion/feelings to a spec?
    Or because he does comparable dps to every one else in his raid and they are able to sufficiently handle the encounters without the need to force players into specs they don't like playing just to down content?

The grand majority of players in this game fall somewhere in that demographic. There is a breakpoint at which one should play the absolute strongest spec of their class in order to tackle the content. However, if the player has not passed that point, then they become able to play whatever style they choose and still be able to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    We were in a different state of the game back then, and most warriors had set up for glad because before the hotfixes pre-mythic release glad was #1. Funny how MMOs work.

And you don't think we got geared for all three specs?
    My Stream

And you don't think we got geared for all three specs?
    Of course, and those who had decent 2hs vs their shield/mh correctly dropped their prot spec and had Fury/Arms for progression, because in all situations it was the better setup for your role, as a damage dealer. Those who didn't, remained glad, even though they had a comparable fury/arms setup are the classic example that progression raiding at a world level is reserved to those who have a large amount of time to spend, rather than actual skill and actaully being one of the best players in the world.
    Last edited by Blacken; 2015-01-07 at 10:55 PM.

Or it's a classic case of them knowing what was the best choice given the situation they where in, rather than just copying what the people above them where doing or telling them to do. With the gear that was available and given how the content looked the optimal choice in my situation was Arms on half of the fights and Glad on the other half. Nowadays with the gear that is available Fury is a lot stronger in comparison, and the flaws that it has compared to Glad is covered by the healers having a lot stronger gear as well so that they more easily can carry your slack.
    My Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Or because he does comparable dps to every one else in his raid and they are able to sufficiently handle the encounters without the need to force players into specs they don't like playing just to down content?

The grand majority of players in this game fall somewhere in that demographic. There is a breakpoint at which one should play the absolute strongest spec of their class in order to tackle the content. However, if the player has not passed that point, then they become able to play whatever style they choose and still be able to progress.
    But then again, some specs are so far behind that no one will be willing to take them, and people in LFR/LFD would even beg them to be kicked. Release Elemental Shaman come to mind. Fury wasn't that great on release either.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

You'll play a spec you enjoy 10x better than one you despise

But then again, some specs are so far behind that no one will be willing to take them, and people in LFR/LFD would even beg them to be kicked. Release Elemental Shaman come to mind. Fury wasn't that great on release either.
    The potential may arise for that, but I haven't seen an LFR group in a very long time that was overly concerned with the spec's people were playing. Players may harangue those with sub-optimal gear choices, but if the encounters are going down, no one realistically gives a damn.

There are is a very small percentage of players around the world that are capable to getting actual numbers for what certain classes sim at a particular gear level. The next level of players are capable of playing very close to that line, and the rest of us do our best but will always fall short. So, just because sims show a deficit of a few thousand dps between the best dps spec and the worst dps spec, doesn't mean that the average player will see such a difference between each spec with comparable gear. Most players are simply not that good to notice the difference (unless there is a massively steep learning curve with one of those specs).

So did I, but that wasn't the point. Of course we geared up multiple specs, for a start, glad was obviously going to receive nerfs, the same goes for fury receiving buffs, let alone encounters mechanics allowing for other specs to become optimal. That still doesn't detract from the fact that glad is now a worse choice than the other options now.

I like glad personally and was a huge advocate of the spec and would love for it to still be a reasonable choice. However, just because I like it doesn't mean I'm going to play a sub-optimal spec on progression just because it's fun.

Im glad i looked at this thread simply because i have been rolling fury for cleave fights because i thought it was better.... Fury had always been the cleave spec in SOO? Or better dps anyways.... gonna try arms this next week for the AOE fights...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    The potential may arise for that, but I haven't seen an LFR group in a very long time that was overly concerned with the spec's people were playing. Players may harangue those with sub-optimal gear choices, but if the encounters are going down, no one realistically gives a damn.

There are is a very small percentage of players around the world that are capable to getting actual numbers for what certain classes sim at a particular gear level. The next level of players are capable of playing very close to that line, and the rest of us do our best but will always fall short. So, just because sims show a deficit of a few thousand dps between the best dps spec and the worst dps spec, doesn't mean that the average player will see such a difference between each spec with comparable gear. Most players are simply not that good to notice the difference (unless there is a massively steep learning curve with one of those specs).
    It is more noticeable in Dungeons on release. You don't recall the stories of Ele Shamans getting vote kicked in Heroics on release for their low DPS? It was bad enough to the point that their lack of DPS single-handly caused wipes because the healer ran OOM due to the fights taking so long. And I also recall people wanting to kick Priests in Heroics during Cata's release because they were the worst healers at the time.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JJmiller86 View Post
    Im glad i looked at this thread simply because i have been rolling fury for cleave fights because i thought it was better.... Fury had always been the cleave spec in SOO? Or better dps anyways.... gonna try arms this next week for the AOE fights...
    SoO cleave fights had multiple targets. With changes to talents and scaling Arms has become the better cleave spec, although fury is still good.