Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Because calling it easy would efface the euphemism and that's just not acceptable to them because of the reactions it would result in.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The real question is why didn't they just get rid of the 4 tiers?

LFR: Tourist mode as it currently stands.
    Normal: Flexes from 10-25m (Or whatever the current min/max is)
    Heroic: Fixed 20m raid size as it currently stands.

I don't see the need to have two different versions of Normal, one with a slightly higher iLvL. All it does is skew the iLvL scaling even higher since they have to make not 3, but four distinct iLvL brackets per tier.

LFR is easy, too easy now in WoD. They had it right in MoP but they have ruined it. The gap between it and Normal is now huge. To the point where pug groups can't get past Butcher and if they finally do, then Brackenspore kills them. LFR needs to be buffed and Normal nerfed a bit. I don't care about Heroic or Mythic since I'll never see them.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2014-12-28 at 07:35 AM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    But "Easy - Normal - Hard" difficulties have been the standard difficulties in every game i ever played, that way everyone can pick the difficulty they're best suited for.
    The difference is that those kind of settings are used in single player games where you are all alone in your room where nobody sees you taking the path of least resistance.

Take it to MMO like WoW where it would be displayed in Armory and you can already tell what kind of social stigma given player would've to endure.

It's like masturbation. Everyone has done it in private but few have the courage to admit it because we have to keep up appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    I play most fps games on easy mode, because I understand the programming that goes behind the AI and it's specifically made to piss me off. I don't like that, and like to play through the game on the easiest setting so I can explore the world freely, without having to bullshit my way through a game. MP games though I'm always looking for skilled opponents.
    Same here. I always play FPS games on Easy the first time through. Then if I want to replay them, which is rare, I may bump it up a bit. The only FPS games I really replay are those in the Half-Life series. I never go near the multiplayer mode.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    How is this more accurate than

LFR = easy, normal = normal, heroic = hard, mythic = very hard
    LFR = faceroll, normal = easy, heroic = normal, mythic = hard.