Slag Elementals on Blast Furnace

Did anybody out there get this "problem" on any difficulty:

Slag Elementals during phase 2 are loosing theire "Dormant" buff. This is the buff they recieve when hitting 1HP and explode. As long as this buff is active they gain energy on every "Blast" an "Reanimate" after reaching 100. If the buff fades before they reach 100 energy they just stay down for the entire fight.

Did anybody see this behaviour within the last days on any difficulty?
    Guess it's most obvious if there are some Elementals that are inactive during the whole last phase.
    I would really be interested in your raid composition then or browsing your logs if available.

- - - Updated - - -

We can confirm: all kind of knockups/knockdowns will remove Dormant on Slag Elementals...
    Earthquake form Elemental Shamans will trigger it as well as for example Leg Sweep from Monks...

Earthquake is the most annoying as it will for sure trigger at least once on every Elemental and can only be avoided by benching the Shaman

Deleted
    Huh... Sounds unexpected but surely if you used this correctly it would effectively simplify the fight by vastly reducing healing required in p3 as there would be many less slag eles up? Although I guess this could definitely get frustrating if you end up hitting it too much by accident and only having "dead" slags when you need a shield to break in p2.

I assume that by "lose dormant" they mean that they immediately reactivate, rather than waiting the normal time, so there are more elementals up than should be.

Maybe ticket it and see if you get a response? If it is so uniform, though, I kind of feel like maybe it is one of those "CC" style challenges where you have to not only kill them, but make sure you do it in such a way that they don't get busted out early. *cough* like those stupid birds in the arakoa dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    I assume that by "lose dormant" they mean that they immediately reactivate, rather than waiting the normal time, so there are more elementals up than should be.
    No. They can only gain energy from the Heart's Blast if they have the Dormant buff after being defeated. If this buff is removed, they won't gain energy and so they never reactivate. I knew our Heroic kill on Wednesday felt pretty light on the raid damage in Phase 3; now I know why (and we didn't even have many knockbacks).

Ya, we had this bug last Wednesday. Good thing too because we messed up P2 and we entered P3 at max heat. Would not have killed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    No. They can only gain energy from the Heart's Blast if they have the Dormant buff after being defeated. If this buff is removed, they won't gain energy and so they never reactivate. I knew our Heroic kill on Wednesday felt pretty light on the raid damage in Phase 3; now I know why (and we didn't even have many knockbacks).
    Thats the point.
    We sent all our data and what we figured out to blizzard so hopefully it'll be fixed soon...
    While it makes the fight really easy during phase 3 on heroic it's really painful on mythic. (Because you "can't" finish the Primal Elementalists in 1 turn, so you need 8 unique Elementals which must be debuffed by mindcontrolling 8 unique Security Guards first) Making it nearly impossible to enter phase 3 with less then 100 Heat....and this means in nearly every case you're going to die because of the massive incoming raid damage.

Killed it yesterday. Our Elemental Shaman had to sit out (sorry for him) and we just dropped all knocking effects like Leg Sweep, Dragon Roar...