Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Guess i'll go to argent tournament and check it out. Also there might have been a misunderstanding as i already know execute was nerfed from 155 to 135 in an earlier hotfix. The only thing i'm curious about is the max rage execute changes.
    Last edited by mmoc23cbb958cd; 2015-03-04 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackarin View Post
    That's not a very good explanation as to why it should supposedly do more dmg than previous iterations of 6.1 if the tooltips are correct shouldn't we be prioritising 40 rage executes over anything now?

Also i thought the only hotfixes were nerfs so far?

I'm just confused help me out man.
    February 27

Warrior
    Execute now deals 13% more damage for Fury and Protection Warriors, effectively restoring the ability's damage level back to pre-Patch 6.1.
    Fixed a number of issues with Execute’s rage consumption and damage for Arms Warriors.

Deleted
    I thought we were talking about arms. o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackarin View Post
    I thought we were talking about arms. o.o
    The OP is about all 3 specs.

Essentially:

6.0: Baseline
    6.1: All 3 specs got execute nerfed
    6.1 hotfix: Fury/prot execute nerf reverted
    6.1.2 PTR: tooltip changes for said hotfix

Deleted
    Hi, so just to confirm for Arms SD is no longer best for single target and we should now take Slam? Also, I stacked Mastery is this still the best option? Thanks.

Deleted
    Nope Sudden death should still beat slam with decent gear and stacking mastery ist still the best option for arms if you want to deal single target dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Berti View Post
    Sudden death should still beat slam with decent gear
    Can you mathematically prove this? And what do you mean with "decent gear"?

Not challenging you, I'm really interested on this information.

One of the major points to consider for SD/Slam is the 2 piece.if you have the 2 piece, you're effectively going to waste the benefit of slam 40% of the time, because even with 2 stacks of the buff, unless you have abysmally low mastery (literally, lower than base mastery), MS will still hit harder.

Its also worth noting That slam becomes effectively useless once more in the 20% range, where 90% of our rage goes into executes, while SD still helps us sometimes save 10 rage.

That said, if you don't have the 2 piece, Slam is a great way to make your damage a little more balanced through the whole fight, which can be good if your group is struggling a bit getting to that 20% Mark. It also helps, that outside serious hardcore mythic progression,it of course doesn't matter, and you could even go gladiator and stills do good enough damage to kill the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouway View Post
    Can you mathematically prove this? And what do you mean with "decent gear"?

Not challenging you, I'm really interested on this information.
    This is a good point, I will sim it with my arms gear and post the result here.
    If i am not mistaken the Execute changes and Slam changes are already applied in the lastest build.

Results with my Gear(82% mastery):

The chosen Talents apart from SD and Slam are: Bloodbath/ravager.

I think the scale factors prove my point, Sudden Death scales with Mastery whereas Slam does not, which is quite ironic since Slam is really hard to manage compared to Sudden Death. These results are with 82% mastery unbuffed.
    I am also using the mastery proc trinket from Flamebender, so that might inflate the result even more.

My point still stands: the more gear you get, the better Sudden deaths gets compared to Slam.

SD is better than Slam if you have the 2 piece. There may be some weird set of gear with 0 mastery in which Slam is stronger, but for the vast majority SD will sim higher than Slam.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post
    and you could even go gladiator and stills do good enough damage to kill the boss.
    Careful now, don't get my hopes up.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    Careful now, don't get my hopes up.
    Keyword for that was non-mythic stuff xD Although, for a fresh 100, Gladiator's a great choice while you try to gear the others, due to it's low gear floor. But, it also had a low gear ceiling, and scales it's dps much slower on gear than the others do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post
    Its also worth noting That slam becomes effectively useless once more in the 20% range, where 90% of our rage goes into executes, while SD still helps us sometimes save 10 rage.
    I've noticed that the SD procs on a target with <20% will make the whole execute free. Not sure if it's intended or not. However if you get a proc on a target just before the hp gets under 20% and try to save it, it will only refund that 10 rage. At least that's how I've seen it work many times. You rarely have any procs inside execute phases due to the small time window though, so it might not be so easy to notice.

Deleted
    Yes yes. And now please bring back overpower when you're at it pretty please!

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    I've noticed that the SD procs on a target with <20% will make the whole execute free. Not sure if it's intended or not. However if you get a proc on a target just before the hp gets under 20% and try to save it, it will only refund that 10 rage. At least that's how I've seen it work many times. You rarely have any procs inside execute phases though so it might not be so easy to notice.
    I'd be interested in seeing a log of that, not doubting you... just want to verify.

10+ Year Old Account
    This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
    As a fury PvP warrior running SD and stacking crit/MS, I can gladly say I am ok with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    I've noticed that the SD procs on a target with <20% will make the whole execute free. Not sure if it's intended or not. However if you get a proc on a target just before the hp gets under 20% and try to save it, it will only refund that 10 rage. At least that's how I've seen it work many times. You rarely have any procs inside execute phases due to the small time window though, so it might not be so easy to notice.
    Although I have not run as Arms since 6.1 dropped (Finally got the tank slot with my guild I've been wanting), at least before that, I've gotten a few SD procs within the 20% window, and they still took 30 rage. It might be a bug post 6.1, or a bug pre 6.1. Either way, I think it wasn't intended one way or the other xD

Pre 6.1 bug. Actually I thought it was intended since on 6.0.3 release it worked like that during whole highmaul. I remember even telling it to my guildmate that how they made the SD proc "usable" on that patch (back then when it made even worse damage and we had no mastery on gear).

I tested it many times on the tournament dummys during our guild progression and it always made whole execute free sub 20%. You got my doubts up so had to test it again and it doesn't seem to work like that anymore - probably it was included in the "execute bug fixes". Aww, too bad...