View Poll Results: Most Fitting Alliance Monk Race/Gender?

Voters
184. This poll is closed
  • Human Male

59 32.07%
  • Human Female

35 19.02%
  • Dwarf Male

20 10.87%
  • Dwarf Female

10 5.43%
  • Night Elf Male

17 9.24%
  • Night Elf Female

37 20.11%
  • Gnome Male

8 4.35%
  • Gnome Female

22 11.96%
  • Draenei Male

13 7.07%
  • Draenei Female

35 19.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Also it's the only draenei class that can wear leather.

Pick draenei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    And breaking them in the process... "until I got gnomed in the knee".
    You could also say... gneecaps

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also it's the only draenei class that can wear leather.

Pick draenei.
    That's also a good point. That might also be why they seem so appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttonmasher View Post
    I fully agree on this. More racial (or neutral racial whatevers) ability kind of themes would probably help the monk a lot, because I find my issue being exactly this: some races really just don't fit their style. :c
    Blizzard's been kind of lazy with the new classes in that regard. At least older classes have different lore based on race if not visuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Blizzard's been kind of lazy with the new classes in that regard. At least older classes have different lore based on race if not visuals.
    Really all they mostly need to do is change some icons and / or spell names, and they'd be fine.

It's also one of those things they could devote throwing in as minor patches to help during the "we have an expansion coming in one year" drought.

10+ Year Old Account
    definitively gnome. or dwarf. i normally don't play alliance so she is low lvl and some kind of a fun char to experience the alliance quest lines.

but with the new models female gnomes are some fierce monks.

especially brewmaster specc for extra ridiculousness.

Deleted
    Lore/story wise i'd say draenei/pandaren,
    Bodywise i'd say Humans/night elf,
    Awesomeness/sillyness i'd say Dwarf/gnome.

Voted: dwarf, cause a short big beerbellied dwarf with a beard the size of his body, Rolling from left to right punching people , flying across the zone, just seems to freaking awesome.

I would say female Draenei for a monk, and not just because of the good looks :3

Think about it, a Draenei hoof to the face has got to hurt badly! But make it a female, male Draenei as agility-class... just don't look right to me. :P

Female Night Elf for me as they generally took fantastic in Leather and with the right tmog can have a nice 'Warden' look to them.

Night elves of either gender. They have that athletic/agile look that fits the monk toolkit. Dwarves are second, but mostly because I can't stand the thought of playing a human or gnome. Draenei IMO look very awkward as unarmed fighters. I prefer Draenei casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkuya View Post
    I still feel as though Gnomes/Dwarfs shouldn't be monks... I don't know why; but it just feels so wrong seeing a Gnome monk. In any case, I'd probably pick humans for the Alliance, and forsaken for the Horde.

Pffft, you're weird.

Dwarves know all about that brew. One of the best races for BM's.

And Gnomes are:

a) nimble, which is perfect for a swift, acrobatic class.

b) highly curious. They'd be among the first to want to learn about a new race, to try and find out about their culture and apply that information in useful ways. They have no prejudice, just scientific curiosity. If it works, the gnome is gonna want to learn it and apply it.

Picture a gnome, watching Pandaren Monks train. She watches closely, and scribbles down notes and sketches to figure out what they're doing, since it seems effective. She tries it on her own, but can't quite get the hang of it. So the next day, she just walks up to a Pandaren Monk and bluntly asks him whether he could be so kind and instruct her ... using very convoluted language and many technical terms, probably confusing the poor Pandaren
    But he's nice, and teaches her a bit, and then tells her that if she wants to learn more, she must travel to the Peak of Serenity to truly find out what it means to be a monk. And the curious gnome is more than happy to go on that adventure to broaden her knowledge and learn things that she hasn't learned before, see things that she hasn't seen before.

While I think every race can make sense as a monk, the worst fits are those who are big and clunky, and / or who are latently racist, distrusting and traditional.

<3
    Last edited by Awbee; 2015-03-27 at 02:19 AM.