Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Or people who dont give a single, solitary fuck about CancerBox, and partake in the activity that the vast majority of people do in End-game PvP.
    Warlocks are also very good in Rbg if you're into that then.
    Ashran ? Duels ? regular BGs ? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Warlocks still have a 2nd spell lock via Grimoire of Service btw.
    Until they change that to Devour Magic.
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    In the start of the season representation can be a confusing statistic, but after the recap reaches the point that you can get full geared I believe it does say a lot of the PVP balance as you can easily notice the shift of the comps you play against toward dominating comps.

I have been playing with my friends nearly every week since the start of the season, most of it in the 2.1k mmr. It was easy to notice the rise of god comps and rogues after the recap bugs and hotfixes. Also Ferals, hunters and rets (which were very common) are getting more and more rare in the end of the season. I know those classes received buffs and nerfs, but the changes are not immediately felt, probably because people would rather play with a weaker class geared than a strong one without gear.

That being said, I personally don't like the top 100 representation, there are many repeated chars and alts of R1 playing with other R1s. When you take into consideration the top 5 ~ 10% you get a better sample of people that dedicate theirselves but are not masters.

But let's check the statistics of the top 100 (US, which is where I play):
    12 Holy pallies
    12 Mages
    10 Resto druids
    9 Rogues
    9 Warriors
    7 Hunters
    6 Resto shamans
    6 Feral druids
    5 Ret pallies
    5 Dks
    5 Warlocks
    5 MW monks
    4 Shadow priests
    3 Boomkins
    1 Disc priest
    1 Enhancement shaman
    0 Elemental shamans
    0 WW monks

As you see, save from the really weak specs (ww monk, elemental shamans) and the top op classes (mages, rogues and warriors) the others are pretty even. I don't think you are going to get conviced that warlocks are fine, still you should remember that they were in the OP spectrum in the last seasons (LSD 1 and 2 anyone?), now they are in the middle point.
    If you actually think it's reasonable to compare single specs to entire classes your opinion is absolutely worthless. It really just baffles me that you truly think that, for the game to be "balanced", hybrids need to have multiple high-tier specs, but it's fine for DPS classes to only have one. Affliction is not the single worst spec in the game, yet Warlocks are still the worst class in the game. And 3v3 is their best aspect, too. They're weak in 3v3, and they're absolutely TERRIBLE at everything else.

I kinda still enjoy warlock. I really don't know why they felt it was necessary to remove double spell lock. It cost shards which are already hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    .. i'd say non-Resto Shamans have it worse than any warlock spec.
    Turbo Cleave would like a word with you.

Enhancement purge spam is pretty dominant this meta.

http://www.wowfotm.com/

Warlocks are the 2nd least represented class in 3v3, just ahead of monks which happen to be by far the least played class of all.

Still though, there are far more things keeping warlocks in the trash pile than double spell lock. The class is janky and clunky as hell now and is still plagued with bugs so old that there are babies who've since been born and spoken their first word (let's play the "what pet will flames of xoroth revive today" game!).

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    If you actually think it's reasonable to compare single specs to entire classes your opinion is absolutely worthless. It really just baffles me that you truly think that, for the game to be "balanced", hybrids need to have multiple high-tier specs, but it's fine for DPS classes to only have one. Affliction is not the single worst spec in the game, yet Warlocks are still the worst class in the game. And 3v3 is their best aspect, too. They're weak in 3v3, and they're absolutely TERRIBLE at everything else.
    Considering that the every 3s team has a healer and 5 out of 11 classes are healers, I hardly see how you expect to have an even class distribution in PVP, especially this late in the season where people already know who is good and bad and the FOTM are defined. What baffles me is that you seen to think that resto druids and feral druids are "the same" even though they play completely different roles and different comps for different reasons. It just makes me wonder, what would be the ideal world for you? Balance druids being worse than warlocks because they have other specs to play?

As I said multiple times, warlocks are not in the OP spectrum, nor in the weak one. They are the 5th most represented DPS on 3s and 3rd on RBGs and have a R1 viable comp. They do suck on 2s and are 1st on 5s, but hardly anyone give a shit about those brackets. Probably they need to be 1st on all brackets for you to consider them OK.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2015-05-04 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Considering that the every 3s team has a healer and 5 out of 11 classes are healers, I hardly see how you expect to have an even class distribution in PVP, especially this late in the season where people already know who is good and bad and the FOTM are defined. What baffles me is that you seen to think that resto druids and feral druids are "the same" even though they play completely different roles and different comps for different reasons. It just makes me wonder, what would be the ideal world for you? Balance druids being worse than warlocks because they have other specs to play?

As I said multiple times, warlocks are not in the OP spectrum, nor in the weak one. They are the 5th most represented DPS on 3s and 3rd on RBGs and have a R1 viable comp. They do suck on 2s and are 1st on 5s, but hardly anyone give a shit about those brackets. Probably they need to be 1st on all brackets for you to consider them OK.
    Apparently, literally nothing I say is going to make you understand that you're comparing representation of one spec (of a class where most of the players choose to play healer) to an entire class, and thinking that it means anything that less people play the second best spec of a hybrid than the best spec of a pure. Even if Moonkins were significantly better than all Warlock specs (which they arguably are), you'd still never see it in class representation so long as Resto remains their best spec. It doesn't matter that, say, Enhancement plays different than Restoration. Destruction plays completely different than Affliction. Virtually all specs play completely different. We're comparing CLASSES, not specs. This started because I said Warlocks were the WORST CLASS. They are. You are trying to move the goalposts for the sake of arguing over nothing.

Also I like the quotes around words that I never used, a nice touch.
    Last edited by solarfallz; 2015-05-04 at 09:55 PM.

Blizzard design meeting today.
    Agenda:

1. Nerfing the worst class in the game.
    2. whateva lol
    I would not say worst, maybe you are not playing it right, I ran across this lock in a BG named Cigarettes he was dropping players like flies sprayed with insecticide, bam bam bam was just unreal and we could not get a single kill on him, and this was a fast round;

Deleted
    I don't even know if I should even bother responding to someone who doesn't even finish reading a sentence before misquoting it and making a meaningless reply...

I play every class. Warlock is, historically, my 3rd most played class coming in at 41863 HKs. I don't play him now though, of course, because they're awful and anti-fun.

So again...
    Tell me which class you think is doing worse than Warlocks and I'll tell you why you're wrong.
    If I'm allowed to read class as spec => ww monk