Poll: When?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    July-September 2016. June at the earliest. I think if there's no 6.3 (there won't be) the game will be below 5.5 million subs.
    They've already said there WILL be a patch 6.3 what it contains is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmancer View Post
    Whoever's predicting Jan - June is being extremely optimistic. Look at every other expansion to date. Do you honestly thing, given what they've been doing lately, that they'll be able to shovel out a new expansion by June of next year? Maybe if they cut even more content than they did with WoD.
    Well, admittedly they hit their most recent time mark of 6.2 pretty spot on (6-7 month major tier). Ofc patch is different than xpac but the issues they currently are having don't really have anything to do with timing. I'd think 9-12 months of HFC seems a pretty fair estimate. Even that's not really giving them benefit of the doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fall 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Well... 6.8m people paid them for a 14 month break. I mean, if people will do that why rush?

Remember that -

1) They've never announced a WoW expansion except at Blizzcon.

2) They'v never announced and then released beta right after.

3) Beta takes 4-5 months on average.

Could they change some or all of these things? Sure. Will they? I doubt it.
    Well, they did get 10 million to sub for WoD launch. I'd think they want to get those spikes more commonly. I mean, even with the state of WoD if they add major fan desires like Demon Hunters and/or High Elves (no I don't want them) the sub numbers certainly would spike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... 6.8m people paid them for a 14 month break. I mean, if people will do that why rush?

Remember that -

1) They've never announced a WoW expansion except at Blizzcon.

2) They'v never announced and then released beta right after.

3) Beta takes 4-5 months on average.

Could they change some or all of these things? Sure. Will they? I doubt it.
    They have to change something though.

i always say november if they deliver another content cut lame xpac they very well could deliver something early/mid next year

without having character models and garrisons to worry about they might actually deliver something worthwhile this time
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Petyr Baelish View Post
    They have to change something though.
    Not really. I mean, they could. Maybe even should. But 'have to'? Nah. Again, almost 7m people subbed for 14 months of no new content. Even if we figure the first 4-5 months was when SoO was new that's 9-10 months of SoO being done with nothing new. And still 7m people paid them. So, 'have to'? Nah. Not if people do the same thing here.

I would say that we will see next expansion later than sooner, but there is no point in that. Things changed, we have no idea at what point of development they are and we do not know how many people worked on it before patch 6.2 release. They said that they have 40% larger team but I doubt that we will see that increase at all.

If Warlords is over... I expect 7.0 to be released by the end of January 2016.

The rage if it comes later...

Expansion gets announced at Blizzcon, releases late in the following year... CALLING IT NOW.

Why? Cause that's how it's been done since Wotlk
    late 2008
    Cata?
    Late 2010
    Mop?
    Late 2012
    WoD?
    Late 2014

And each one, we've had a yearish of no content and them saying they want to cut the time between expansions down...

I'm actually getting on board with the "Coincides with the movie" argument. Makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    If Warlords is over... I expect 7.0 to be released by the end of January 2016.

The rage if it comes later...
    To release it at the end of Jan 2016 they would need to announce it at Gamescom and launch beta tests immediately afterwards. And those beta tests would be extra quick. Not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I mean, they could. Maybe even should. But 'have to'? Nah. Again, almost 7m people subbed for 14 months of no new content. Even if we figure the first 4-5 months was when SoO was new that's 9-10 months of SoO being done with nothing new. And still 7m people paid them. So, 'have to'? Nah. Not if people do the same thing here.
    Depends on the next sub numbers.

I'm guessing, and slightly hopeful, that the new expansion will drop somewhere around June. Sucks so have another year of the same raid, but we all knew it was coming.

ground hogs day.