Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    They skipped both a new class and a new race for the first time with the last expansion (another aspect of decreasing quality / content). It's hard to say if they pick it up again or not since they've been whining how hard it is to keep up with the current classes (which it probably is with their gutted support team).

Deathknight was supposed to be a hero class which meant not just starting at an elevated level and using a different ability system (i.e. not mana, rage, energy or focus), but it was also supposed to be something that required more skill to play. Blizz abandoned the "more skill to play" aspect during beta for Wrath. What a deathknight was supposed to be varied throughout that expansion. Blizz's intention at that time was to introduce a new hero class with each expansion.

Monk was one of those ideas (along with necromancer and runemaster...bard was an April Fool's Day joke) that got turned into a regular class.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope it is a summoner type build - like necromancer or bonedancer from DAOC

or a TINKER with siege turrets etc.

Deleted
    Bard would be fun. Totally random, but that would make it more fun.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2015-07-30 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmawrath View Post
    Demon Hunter and 4th specs for all classes.

Then we can finally be balanced with 12 classes and even specs and armor types.
    But it wouldn't be, because there'd be only 1 spec that uses Intelligence Plate, and only 2 that use Intelligence Mail, and 4 that use Agility Mail, but 8 that use Strength Plate and so on and so forth.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    But it wouldn't be, because there'd be only 1 spec that uses Intelligence Plate, and only 2 that use Intelligence Mail, and 4 that use Agility Mail, but 8 that use Strength Plate and so on and so forth.
    Part of this problem is already solved; a holy paladin's int Plate change to str Plate when he/she change specs. Most items nowadays have variable primary stats (primary being int, str, agi).
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 2015-07-30 at 05:14 PM. Reason: details
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd put more money on a new race or two before I said class. Blizzard has complained quite a bit lately about how they hate trying to balance out new classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Just because you...

I know I'm not, but I honestly don't know many people who multi-spec multiple classes. Hell, I'd go out and say that most people barely multiclass. I just feel like it'd be an incredibly niche thing; and how do you promote the new specs? Make them overpowered with a bunch of gimmicks that drag people away from their preferred spec?

It's not about multi-classing and running a bunch of different specs. It's about giving a greater value to the already existing classes and specs. Honestly fourth spec and the removal of pure DPS classes would serve people who only play one toon far more than it would a multi-class person. The person who is deeply invested in their Rogue or Mage is going to explore these new specs available to them and probably learn to play them in an effective manner, it also encourages these people to step out of their comfort zone and tank or heal for a change. It also gives them a greater value to their raid group.

As far as promoting these new specs, all you have to do is put them out there and the players will take to it. Some people will love them and take to them, others will not be so fond of them and stick their preferred spec. Since Blizzard isn't charging for said specs there is no reason to make them stronger than the other specs, though Monk and DK were both OP when they launched so these might be too.

Deleted
    hey I just met you and this is crazy but demon hunter maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    hey I just met you and this is crazy but demon hunter maybe?
    If the lore includes sylvanas and alliera I would definitely expect a new class off the wind runner line. Demon Hunter still doesn't seem too likely to me as many other classes are currently using spells that are demon Hunter esque.
    I hope to see some windrunner family line class with perhaps

Dark Ranger - killed and reborn again, loses elven spells gains necromancy (Rdps bow user)
    Elven Archer - uses Druidism as a form of healing with a bow, (bow using healer)
    Sentinel/windrider - either a mix of archer tank (in melee using bow as a means to melee but is a tank), or riding wind companions that are tied to your race and faction. ( Wyvern rider/Gryphon rider think flight path NPCs)
    Last edited by Christea; 2015-07-30 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Gnome View Post
    I sure hope so! Demon Hunter is the first thing to come to my mind. I honestly can`t think of many classes that were as frequently requested as the Demon Hunters. And Why not? They have a well enstablished (and awesome) lore. The only problem I can think of is the fact that their signature ability, the Metamorphosis was already taken up by the Warlocks.

But hey, in terms of lore we don`t really know how do these metamorphosis really function how dose Warlock's varies from Demon Hunters, if there is any difference at all, and we mostly see Demon Hunters using it. In lore, the first warlock we see uses Metamorphosis was Kanrethad Ebonlocke from the Warlock's Fel fire questline, and his was based on Illidan's knowledge. Demon Hunter's variation. After him, we have several Garrison followers who can use Metamorphosis, though it has an interesting flavor text: "Cast by a warlock pretending to be a demon hunter".

They could as well remove Warlock's metamorphosis altogether? Wasn`t it only added in Wrath of the Lich King? Or they could simply make Demon Hunter's to vary from Warlock's? All in all, I'd love to see demon hunters added into the game!
    Quite honestly I can see them removing Meta from Locks for this simply to put Demo back on demon focus rather than this mess they have made with the spec.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No...I don't think we'll get a new class. A lot of people are seeing the Nexus clue referring to Vala which means DHs are coming, especially whrn added to the '11' clue.

I don't think the Nexus lady is Vala, and the 11 figure I think refers to BGs.

Maybe they will add a new class, but even if they do...it isn't likely to be DHs. Too many ramifications from a design point of view. Maybe Blizzard will accept those but I doubt.

But 4th specs...with DH being one of thrm? I can see that.

So...no. I still think two new races are the likeliest.

Horde to get Naga or Ogre.
    Alliance to grt either Drakonid or High Elf.

Nags and Draks most likely

EJL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Seeing as how the Chinese hints are basically screaming new class at us, yes.

The game has room for one more mail-wearing class, hopefully with both a tank and a healing spec, I think a tank spec is almost mandatory given the situation in queues.
    It also has to be ranged, given how overstacked melee is. Both Monk and DK were obviously melee.
    Well, it stays a problem that you have 1:1 ratio tanks and healers in dungeons yet have around 1:2 tank healer ratio in raids. So in dungeons they might be wanted, in raids everyone got plenty of tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    It's about time they make it a hero class
    "Hero class" was marketing spin for Wrath. They've more or less admitted that they regret it, I don't expect them to bring the term back in future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Well, it stays a problem that you have 1:1 ratio tanks and healers in dungeons yet have around 1:2 tank healer ratio in raids. So in dungeons they might be wanted, in raids everyone got plenty of tanks.
    I suspect the bigger problem is that heaps of classes could just respec tank for dungeons (and get instant queues) but most people just want to DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    "Hero class" was marketing spin for Wrath. They've more or less admitted that they regret it, I don't expect them to bring the term back in future.
    they regretted the OP part of it.
    Hero class will come only when it makes sense.
    like another neutral race
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I don't think so - there is pretty much only two slots vacant, and neither seem practical.

Ranged tank and melee healing are missing, and neither seem like they would fit into WoW.

Any other class will just be a clone of what we already have with different animations.
    There's one slot missing: A Mail wearing class. All other armor types have 3 classes, Mail only has 2.

Honestly I think if they aren't going to add an awesome new class, they need to add in the 4th spec for all classes. Glad as 4th spec for Warriors, Holy DPS for Priests, Time Healing for Mages, Tank for Shaman etc.

I think it'd be pretty lame if there were two classes with the word "Hunter" in them. And as much as I'd love a new ranged class, i think this upcoming expansion should just be races to give them more time to balance classes.