Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That might not be true for all of us. It's very taxing to be in a guild sometimes, e.g. the guild might be fine in itself but the strict weekly, exact-time, always-be-there-exactly-on-time is not very fun for a lot of us.
    Yup. This is it for me these days. My kid grew up a bit, and sports happened. So I'm almost daily driving somewhere, doing booster work, attending games, and so on. To say my afternoon & evening schedule is erratic would be an understatement. I can't progression raid with a guild that's going to require me to be there X nights at Y times. There are only a few months out of the year right now where we aren't super busy.

Is why I use Openraid (and my friends list that has been greatly expanded due to my membership in Openraid's community). Ppl there know me and know I'm an ex-hardcore raider, and that I know very well how to play my class. That I do my damn job and I am drama-free. I have no trouble getting invites on those days when I have time to spend 3 hours raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    What do you do with no logs at all? No invite? That would potentially exclude awesome players that just doesn't feel like logging.
    I would probably invite the person.. but I pug a lot, and it is extraordinarily rare for someone at a high ilvl to not have any logs at all (unless they're on an alt.. and very few people play their alts at the same level they play their mains).

Would definitely invite someone with good logs and a few ilvls lower than someone with no logs at all.

The chances of not a single person in a pug logging is rare.

About Mythic pugs - I don't see them getting very far. There are a few problems: 1, you can only recruit people from your own realm.. 2, if a healer/tank drop, you're basically SOL unless you have someone waiting.. 3, when a new person joins, you need to explain your strat and hope they're going to understand what's going on.
    Last edited by galaxyquest; 2015-08-03 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Yup. This is it for me these days. My kid grew up a bit, and sports happened. So I'm almost daily driving somewhere, doing booster work, attending games, and so on. To say my afternoon & evening schedule is erratic would be an understatement. I can't progression raid with a guild that's going to require me to be there X nights at Y times. There are only a few months out of the year right now where we aren't super busy.

Is why I use Openraid (and my friends list that has been greatly expanded due to my membership in Openraid's community). Ppl there know me and know I'm an ex-hardcore raider, and that I know very well how to play my class. That I do my damn job and I am drama-free. I have no trouble getting invites on those days when I have time to spend 3 hours raiding.

I see that. For me, it's not even only about not having free time, or making it, it's also about having fun and it's often not fun to game at that exact time of the week someone chose for me (or even I did once upon a time). I mean, sure, I *COULD* organize my life to ALWAYS do my chores at all other times, and ALWAYS watch tv outside their raiding times, etc. etc. but, come on, that's really not fun at all, and I don't mean it not fun for anyone in the world, but I think depended on the person, and i.e. for a lot of us it's just not fun gaming. OK, gear rewards might be worse sometimes, but it might be best to have more fun with slightly less gear than less fun with slightly more gear.

Let alone most average guilds don't really do better than pugs. I don't mean openraid high quality friend-list pugs. Any well formed pugs by a leader looking into the right things.

e.g. I can easily beat various casual guilds with a random pug since I noticed most of them are very new, they learn as they go, while their guild members are undergeared.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-08-03 at 01:31 PM.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...crist/advanced

This is how far i got by ONLY pugging since Blackhand raid. When Highmaul was the only raid available i was in a casual raiding guild. I like to play alone without having strict schedules to attend. I play whenever i want without the pressure of a guild. If i feel like to play Heroes of the Storm i'll log in, same thing with any other game without losing progress or my spot in the raid. Also my game progress has improved since my last guild, by a lot.

The only requirement is that you don't suck and be aware of boss mechanics, also achievements to prove that you killed this or that.

Premades allows me to attend real life meetings and take care of my family without having to sign up to a calendar and forget to do anything IRL related on raid night.

Realistically, 13/13 heroic is as far as you'll go as a pugger (assuming you are talking about joining pug groups and not lucking into a mythic guild run, in which case they would likely be expecting some mythic experience anyways). However, getting that far will be a lot of work and a lot of groups, so be prepared for failure or set your aims lower.

Pugging mythics is just not realistic anymore with the current playerbase. They are entirely doable with good players, but outdated mechanics like not allowing xrealm and still using the old lockout system make it extremely hard to find people both willing to progress and willing to stay (and as soon as people start to leave with how mythic lockouts work, the group is essentially dead).

Honestly, I don't know why any mechanic is still restricted to a single server. It's one of the few things that I think WoW really needs to copy from other MMOs. I would love for things like raiding, guilds, AH, etc. to become cross-server so that people would not be so punished for having rolled on a bad server and so that people could realistically play with friends without having to spend $25 and without having to leave all of their other characters/gold/friends behind.

Deleted
    Only mythics i've managed to pug was with organised through a special channel on my realm where all the top guilds are part of even then it was only first 3 I can't see council being pugged anytime soon