It took 110 levels, but hey, I am in the club!

Finally called a huntard.....

Seriously though, this happened in the Nexus time walking event.... and I have no idea what I did..... but what I found funny was that the hunter gets called out when EVERYBODY pretty much did something wrong. One guy walked off the edge of a pillar and couldn't fight. Another one - a mage - just absolutely seemed to have no idea they were supposed to shoot at the mob with the skull above its head...... the priest said "sorry about the bad heals."

Why the hatred for hunters?

Nobody else was called out.

I think it is as simple as people think it is fun(ny) to say Huntard.

Deleted
    I was once booted from a 5-man group for pet pulls... while playing Lone Wolf Marksman...

Stupid is as stupid does...

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to be an unpopular thing to say on the hunter forums, but as a hunter, I can say that the hatred of hunters comes from the fact that most people who play this class ARE completely retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    Going to be an unpopular thing to say on the hunter forums, but as a hunter, I can say that the hatred of hunters comes from the fact that most people who play this class ARE completely retarded.
    It comes with being one of the most, if not THE most popular to play class in the game. You get more than your fair share of dipshits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It comes with being one of the most, if not THE most popular to play class in the game. You get more than your fair share of dipshits.
    Agreed. I mean, let's be honest, it's just a majority of the players in this game that are pretty retarded. I think it comes out of laziness more than actual mental shortcomings. The game is easy to solo, and thus doesn't enforce competent playing or micromanagement. It's no wonder people become total fucking mouthbreathers in groups.

There are just so many hunters, though, that it becomes painfully obvious. We're also a pet class, so when we accidentally pull via a pet, it's alot more obvious than a rogue who happened to backpeddle one step too close to the next pack in the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    I find that true about Warlocks, Mages, Priest, Warriors, Paladins, Shamans, monks and most rogues. I also find that if you're looking for hunters to be terrible, you'll always find what you're looking for. Same with all the other classes.

The only common thing I see about Hunters that annoys me, is the constantly jump like a spastic monkeys. It's like every attack is macro'd to their jump key.

This is of course referring to non-raiders, Of most all the raiders I have run with, very few do the spastic monkey jumping
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-01-23 at 06:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    This is of course referring to non-raiders, Of most all the raiders I have run with, very few do the spastic monkey jumping
    Pretty sure the correlation to jump spamming is just because hunters, especially years ago, were Night Elves by a large majority. Night Elves, myself included, just tend to mash jump because, even 13 years later, that flip is satisfying as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    Finally called a huntard.....

Seriously though, this happened in the Nexus time walking event.... and I have no idea what I did..... but what I found funny was that the hunter gets called out when EVERYBODY pretty much did something wrong. One guy walked off the edge of a pillar and couldn't fight. Another one - a mage - just absolutely seemed to have no idea they were supposed to shoot at the mob with the skull above its head...... the priest said "sorry about the bad heals."

Why the hatred for hunters?

Nobody else was called out.

I think it is as simple as people think it is fun(ny) to say Huntard.
    You probably pet pulled before the 3rd boss when you jump down off the platform.

otherwise probably just idiots complaining about of other people being idiots
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    This is hardly a new concept, I remember that my guild during vanilla took hunters to the raid groups only so they could blame them for wipes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Given it was the Nexus, I can probably guess what happened. There are 2 points in the dungeon where people drop off of ledges instead of walking around. Pet classes should dismiss their pets before following because your pet runs around the long way to meet you pulling everything it walks through. I was guilty of doing this back in Wrath on my first time running the dungeon with a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Given it was the Nexus, I can probably guess what happened. There are 2 points in the dungeon where people drop off of ledges instead of walking around. Pet classes should dismiss their pets before following because your pet runs around the long way to meet you pulling everything it walks through. I was guilty of doing this back in Wrath on my first time running the dungeon with a pet.

This might have been correct, not the drop, but the pet pulling around a corner. I wasn't on the pillars when I was called huntard...

The original hate came from a combination of three things:
    1) Morons/assholes playing the class.
    2) The (still) shitty pet AI, requiring manual management and planning. See #1 for why those things didn't happen.
    3) Blizz let us have nearly every melee weapon for stat sticks/Wing Clip. See #1 for why the term "hunter weapon" came from this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The original hate came from a combination of three things:
    1) Morons/assholes playing the class.
    2) The (still) shitty pet AI, requiring manual management and planning. See #1 for why those things didn't happen.
    3) Blizz let us have nearly every melee weapon for stat sticks/Wing Clip. See #1 for why the term "hunter weapon" came from this.
    There was also the fact that hunter was (and still is) the only class in the game that could accidentally pull a mob or a boss by accidentally right clicking it, which happened a lot.