Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Sometimes people win at the daily LFD lotto.

Heroic dungeons are pretty much where the tryhards gravitate to and mythic+ seems to be where the more level headed people dwell. Sure there are douche bags in every aspect of the game, but as long as you can pull your weight it shouldn't be a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    I like having one or two people in my daily random heroic group that barely pass the ilvl requirements. It's much more fun to me to have someone to give my loot to who can equip it and be happy, rather than vendor it for 30g. My dps by myself is about twice what is actually required from all three dpsers combined, so i couldn't care less about how little other dpsers are doing or how often they die - as long as they're trying their best.
    Exactly, we run like-minded.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TnTizz View Post
    I decided to come check out the cool new stuff in 7.2. Was doing my quest chain then it sent me to CoN heroic. We were on 2nd to last boss and I died (i was dps and group didn't wipe). The group looked like it had really geared people, I didn't check their gear but they had like 3.5mil hp for dps and 5mil hp tank from different servers. I was reading the "Kick everyone under 200k dps" thread the other day and now this happens to me.

Is this what WoW has become now? Elitists everywhere?
    You got kicked from one dungeon and leap to the conclusion that the game is full of elitists?
    Short answer, no. Long answer, that's probably not the issue you are having.

Everyone starts out under geared at some point, and if you jump straight into the most recent content with a low Ilvl, you're going to encounter a higher percentage of people that will find you a burden. Don't automatically jump to the conclusion that you are being victimized in this scenario, because there's a 90% chance you've encountered idiots who aren't worth worrying about, or maybe a group that didn't realize you were so under geared and mistook you for afking.
    However, the chance of being kicked whether it's justified or not is always going to be there. I for one start vote kicks on my mates all the time for being female dwarf paladins. (Totally justified, I know.)

There are however things you can do to reduce the chance of being kicked. Roll through this list and take control of what you can, and don't worry about things that are out of your control.
    1. Buff up, flask up, stuff food in your mouth. With inflation as it is in WoW at the moment even a brand new player can make enough money to grab some buffs. Flasks, food, and augment runes last long enough to get at least 3 dungeons out of them.
    2. Read the dungeon journal, watch dungeon guide videos. It only takes a few minutes to be talked through how to 100% avoid dying on any dungeon or LFR boss. If you miss a core mechanic, people will be annoyed regardless of your DPS - especially in LFR when people die on purpose so they can afk for a whole fight.
    3. Keep up with your gear opportunities. If your not hitting up world quests to get the best gear you can, then you're not putting in the effort. Effort is key, without it, you're going nowhere.
    4. Fork out some gold for some crafted gear. Grab a crafted trinket, or failing that grab a core piece that offers the best stats for you. Gear prices are at an all time low right now.
    5. Be polite. If you die to something you know you shouldn't of, don't hesitate to apologize. Don't blame lag, accept responsibility.
    6. Stay alive. Use cooldowns. Respond to all mechanics whether the group is over geared or not. Don't try to force your DPS a little higher by standing in the fire - a living DPS is better than a dead DPS every time.
    7. Let people know you're under geared. When you enter a dungeon greet everyone and let them know your situation. "Hi guys, this character is still pretty low Ilvl but I know the mechanics and I've buffed to make sure I'm less of a burden." Throw down a feast so everyone can share in the buffs.
    8. Use AMR to check if you can still get decent gear from older raids, don't skip them each week just because you unlocked Nighthold. But save your runes for the harder content.
    And perhaps most important of all...
    8. Know your class. Know your role. Check Icy Veins guides, the "Easy Mode" section will have you 90% perfected in 5mins or less. Missing a core class mechanic might be massively lowering your DPS.

If any of this sounds too expensive or difficult, you probably aren't putting in enough effort to justify your complaints. Expect to spend time and effort to get anywhere in life whether it's a game or not. Grab a few gathering professions, you'll knock out 10K in 30mins of farming. That's buffs for a week, or a decent piece of crafted gear.
    At the end of the day, you'll never 100% reduce the chance of getting kicked. If you get kicked, move on and try again. making the same forum post that's been going since vanilla is a complete waste of your time. Time that could be spent improving your character.

Good luck and don't forget the game is about having fun. Don't let the rare elitist idiots stop you from enjoying your time online.
    Last edited by rrp.nikolai; 2017-03-31 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Not entirely true. My 845 affliction warlock alt sims at only doing 260k with flasks, pots, and food buff on single target. I can imagine an 835 being lower than 200k.
    My Heroic raiders needed to be ilvl 860+ to comfortably remain above 200k.
    The OP was obviously cleaving targets and/or doing WELL above average.
    Last edited by Kelathos; 2017-03-31 at 03:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of assholes that play too. I wouldn't have kicked you for low dps. Hell, I run my guildied through heroics/mythics to help them gear all the time. Don't let that one group sour your experience too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Or LFR-"raiders". Just putting that out there. I've seen far more toxic behaviour from LFR heroes than during all my time in guilds put together.
    I don't run into as many toxic LFRaiders as I did during MoP when it was slightly challenging (not because of the content, but because the content wasn't faceroll level difficulty and the players were generally horrible). They are certainly still there, they are just a bit more quiet. Either way, I agree entirely. LFRaiders are worse in personality, though tryhard elitists will actually kick you, especially if they form parties together. I'd rather deal with an idiot I can ignore than an asshole that will kick from the party for not meeting their exaggerated standards.

All this said, I don't often run into either problem normally. The only reason I had issues with elitists lately was because I have been playing with my friend -- who is pretty bad at this game, honestly, but a great guy -- through leveling dungeons, and every now and then I get a heirloomed blowhard who wants to kick him because he's not doing ridiculous damage, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    If the kick system still works as it has since mid Cataclysm, a group of folks who queued together will get their kick timer hugely increased when they /kick, so, actually, with your sacrifice, you are contributing to the greater good.
    Hmm, that's an interesting way to put it, I suppose.

Didn't realize this thread would still be going. I re-uploading the screenshots because a mod removed them. I'm not sure if I can mention names but some of the posters in the last few replies that have left their armory available in their signature to lookup and therefore their logs, maybe shouldn't be talking about performance. Because by the looks of it they are getting carried in raiding content. I would also like to add on to my OP that I didn't expect or want to get carried. I have AOTC from the current raids before I stopped playing. This is a heroic dungeon we're talking about, I'm sure people realize that but their attitude I'm getting is that you should be doing it as if it's a high +mythic run.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is isn't something new. This situation has kind of always been around really, it just so happened that you got the new dungeon and those people didn't feel like carrying you even if they weren't. Sometimes its to get a friend that needs the quest in or just to be a jerk, who knows, but im not surprised. I've been in similar situations before with alts, even though id over perform for what i had, it's just sometimes not enough for some people. Not everyone is like that, they are isolated cases. Don't go assuming that everyone is like that when at the same time there are people that would also carry you and funnel the gear for free. You were just unlucky to be in with the wrong group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Pretty much this.

I don't understand why so many people expect to be carried, or have other people pick up their slack, or have other people work hard and pay for them to do nothing. Why would anyone want this?
    you sir are an idiot. Its a heroic dungeon if you queue as a high ilvl expect to carry. If you really wanna stretch your epeen go do it it content meant for your gearlevel. Or you might be too bad to compete at that level? Dont mess with ppl trying to get into the game we need fresh blood aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Why can't you do more than 200k DPS? A level 100 does 200k DPS. That's just shit and I'd have kicked you too. Why would I want to waste time carrying entitled bads who think they deserve to be carried by people?

Learn how to DPS by practicing on the dummies and then try again.
    People like you are part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    You wanted to get carried, they didn't want to carry you.

/thread
    Holy fucking shit. It's a heroic, tuned for what? 835? Lord forbid low geared people run the lower gear requirement content for gearing purposes...selfish assholes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Don't know how anybody can complain that there are "elitists" in this game. This game used to be fucking HARD. And I'm not comparing to mythic content of today because obviously current raids and M+ are the some of the most challenging aspects this game has ever had. I'm talking about the entirety of the rest of the game. Anything under mythic is just a brainless button spam fucking slot machine with endless rewards and 0 challenge. 90% of the player-base today wouldn't fucking survive a week in Vanilla or TBC.

The fact you can even randomly be placed in a group with up to 4 players who can massively outgear content and carry your ass to the end in a matter of minutes without a shred of CC, who don't have a say in how the loot is distributed, and then complain when some of them don't want you when you're shit, slowing them down, ruining their gameplay experience because you're so fucking lazy you can't jump on to icy-veins and be told exactly how to improve 100 different things you're doing wrong in less than 60 seconds, when most classes have been dumbed down so much that literally anybody with half a brain can press the relevant buttons when they light up is mind-blowing.

People like me are "elitist" because we're sick listening to people like you demand that you have all the rewards spoon fed because you pay £9/month. The developers are constantly fucking this game in a direction that they'll never be able to reverse because of people like you who view anyone who wants to be good at the game and efficient with their time as "elitist".

I got to my first dungeon just before the release of BC and hadn't a clue what I was doing. My first raid in BC and I was kicked instantly when people saw my gear. Did I complain those people were being unfair or "elitist"? No - the first thing I did was research what I was doing wrong, so that it didn't happen again and I have never encountered the same problem since.
    Big difference between getting kicked from a BC raid because you're undergeared, and getting kicked from a heroic dungeon because, even though you have the appropriate gear level to run it, you don't over gear it. Which is the reason he got kicked, because he had the nerve, the AUDACITY, to queue up for a dungeon without outgearing it by 50-60 ilvls. And it's not like this is mythic or mythic + we're talking about. IT IS HEROIC. HEEEEROOOOOIIIIIIIC.
    Last edited by NotInTheFace0; 2017-03-31 at 11:17 PM. Reason: lulz

Quote Originally Posted by TnTizz View Post
    I decided to come check out the cool new stuff in 7.2. Was doing my quest chain then it sent me to CoN heroic. We were on 2nd to last boss and I died (i was dps and group didn't wipe). The group looked like it had really geared people, I didn't check their gear but they had like 3.5mil hp for dps and 5mil hp tank from different servers. I was reading the "Kick everyone under 200k dps" thread the other day and now this happens to me.

Is this what WoW has become now? Elitists everywhere?

Edit: Context
    My Ilvl was 835 at the time, haven't got 3rd relic slot yet (just made an alt few days ago and is time gated)
    Everyone else is 900+ ilvl.
    some screenshots from recount for those who assume im doing 150k dps
    updated screenshots due to naming policy
    Another thread where OP was just being a dick and then he got kicked. Do you do this in real life or are your attention seeking ways only in an online capacity. I bet you give change to the homeless just so you can take fucking photos of it and share on your SM. I can see why you got kicked, prob tried to get the group to follow you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoenova View Post
    People like you are part of the problem.
    Nah. Bads are part of the problem. Get good.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama