Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    DK is a necromancer? Why? Because UH has an undead pet?

Deleted
    according to lore they r priest and made against scourge

- - - Updated - - -

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/az83MBx_460sv.mp4

here some class fantasy: necormancer.

- - - Updated - - -

and many more like lichborn, deathstrike, death pact and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah and demo changed its concept, but unholy cannot change enough, it would need to lose everything ansd still necromancers overlap with warlocks and death knights where demon hunters only with warlocks, and hell they only got 2 specs
    Exactly...and what did DH take from Warlocks? Meta...that is it...one ability.

Necros would have to take raising dead from DK...perhaps the player rez...maybe other abilities...then shadow and curse abilities from warlock...

Closest logical thing I can see happening is perhaps a 4th ranged DK spec...make it something like Demo handling multiple undead minions so it doesn't steal all the thunder from Unholy...but beyond that there are better and more logical options besides Necromancers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Exactly...and what did DH take from Warlocks? Meta...that is it...one ability.

Necros would have to take raising dead from DK...perhaps the player rez...maybe other abilities...then shadow and curse abilities from warlock...

Closest logical thing I can see happening is perhaps a 4th ranged DK spec...make it something like Demo handling multiple undead minions so it doesn't steal all the thunder from Unholy...but beyond that there are better and more logical options besides Necromancers.
    metamorph (orignally on the demon hunter in warcraft)
    immolation aura (metamorph ability) that is it
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    metamorph (orignally on the demon hunter in warcraft)
    immolation aura (metamorph ability) that is it
    Forgot about Immo...I don't play the tank spec

But yeah...Necro would have to take more than two abilities to be what it should be.

Necromancer seems a lot closer to Death Knight than Warlock. So I think it won't be for warlocks.

Necros can be made to work. The whole well they are just like DKs thing is kinda meh and short sighted. DKs are brought back and kinda forced into their roles no? Necros create their phylacterys to house and protect their souls and willing embrace death to gain power. Necros can use curses and not step onto afflictions toes since aff dots are not curses anymore, I.E. Curse of Agony is now Agony and for Demo Curse of Doom is now just Doom.

The game can use a new ranged dps is add a bit of flavor to people who only like to play ranged classes. For the naysayers there is always a way to make it work if they do it the right way. Its why THEY make the game and not us. Yeah the track record has been a bit iffy as of late but im sure they can do well and make this shine.

Me personally I was looking forward to it WAY back when they were going to do the path of the titans thing to allow our meta classes to evolve into different class types allowing locks to evolve into Necromancers if you took that path. Was a bit bummed when they scratched it.

I really wish they would bring necromancer to WoW. We need a new class that is caster based. Tired of all the melee ones they keep introducing. And no Monk healing spec does not count. We need a new class that casts. Maybe something like a sorcerer, wizard, or Necromancer.

it certainly could be

spec 1) Necromancy. basic ranged spell dps play style similar to Demonology today. Demonology shifts to a greater focus on cooldown demon summon system without all the bloody imps to make room for this style.
    spec 2) Voodoo. plenty of lore here and similar enough to necromancy to justify it as a spec. have it perform as a vampiric healing spec. the heal through dps mechanics have evolved enough to make this work and it'll give necromancers a nice class feel while adding a new healer to the game.
    spec 3) not sure. nots of ways to take it. a caster tank that relies and redirecting damage to their host of undead minions could be fun as could shoving shadow hunters in for a more direct damage style.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Tinker would likely be a class before Necromancer because it's pretty much what an Unholy DK is now.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    In WoW Lore there are only Demons which are living creatures from the Twisting Nether.
    "Living demon" is an oxymoron used by deceitful people who 1) play word games with people and 2) can't accept the ultimate meaning of their claims. If demons are living creatures, I guess living creatures such as humans must be demons LOL. But seriously. Demons are not living. If they are, why would demonologists study information about demons? What makes demons special? Don't just go tossing wild claims like "demons are from an astral dimension that transcends all realities" if you can't handle what demons are if they're from the Nether.

First of all, demons are from an astral realm of existence fundamentally separate from the physical universe that mortals come from. This means that those aspiring to be "demonologists" cannot know of (or would not known anything about) demons until demons somehow got into the Great Dark Beyond (a.k.a. space) and/or their existence was made known. Secondly, demonologists cannot be the true masters of demons and their demonic powers unless they're literally gods who can take away free will from arguably immortal beings who can reach across time and space. Thirdly, the Chronicle clearly establishes that the energies of the Twisting Nether warp creation. Even if demons are living creations, demons would be just as amorphous and imperceptible as voidwalkers.

Warlocks aren't anywhere near Necromancers in WoW lore though.
    This is like saying a shaman communing with a deceitful demon lord in the guise of an ancestral spirit isn't a necromancer. In fact, this is like saying a necromancer communing with a demon lord in the guise of an ancestral spirit isn't a necromancer.

Unholy are the closest you will get in this game to a Necromancer warrior, but their abilities are grounded in the way necromancers exist in WoW Lore.
    Warlocks are necrolytes or necromancers.

Warlocks summon their pet (demons) from the Twisting Nether. It's why all Warlocks have different named pets, each one is a specific entity that the Warlock in someways is bound to.
    Gameplay =/= lore and you're too ingrained in your roleplay to realize that warlocks are not the true masters of demons. The WC1 manual made it perfectly clear that orc warlocks are disciples of chaos whereas daemons are the true lords of chaos. Warlocks - disciples of chaos - cannot fully control demonic creatures without truly being gods or necromancers who can harvest/control their demonic souls and transform them into soulless, undead beings with no functioning mind or free will. I just find it ironic that even though demonologists are defined by Blizzard as harvesters of souls, you'd probably deny that demonologists can harvest the demonic souls of demonic creatures and transform them into soulless puppets who have no free will. You'd say warlocks merely harvest souls then use them as fuel for fel energy, but energy cannot even be created or destroyed in real life. Energy can be converted (transformed) so, if anything, fel energy is a spiritual energy - an energy that spirit/soul energy is transformed into.

Both affliction and destruction Warlocks are magic users who make use of Fel energies, which is the energy of the Twisting Nether.
    Stop making such outrageous/enraging claims if you're unwilling to accept the meaning of your claims. Blizzard literally treated the warlocks of WC1 as acolytes who use a power from a place that can be defined as necromantic (or the world of the dead) but didn't treat them as actual necrolytes (the game designer Feasel told me necrolyte is a warlock thing WC1 initially though). WC2 necrolytes are warlocks. WC3 warlocks have necromantic abilities (e.g. raise dead, cripple, unholy frenzy) and necrolytes are a part of a warlock coven. Vanilla, Metzen defined fel energy as essentially death energy. Skip to today, the warlocks are still being treated as acolytes who use a destructive power from a place that can be considered necromantic in a sense, power that could destroy Azeroth and its living inhabitants, but cannot bring the Azeroth and its living inhabitants to a state of oblivion (or the Shadowlands) with death, which brings everything to a state of oblivion in the form of necromantic magic per Chronicle.

Chris Metzen may have retconed fel energy being death energy, but it still seems to be death energy to me. It's the magic of the Scourge of a Thousands Worlds and every fel-tainted soul of mortals that were infused with the fel but eventually died.

Necromancers in WoW make use of Arcane magic, much like regular mages.
    A necromancer (e.g. Kel'Thuzad) is not a mage who afflicts the living with fel contagions (affliction), leads an army/group of acolyte servants, and seeks to scour a living world uniquely susceptible to fel magic (destruction) whilst feigning obedience to a demon lord such as Mal'ganis or Kil'jaeden. Those things are what warlocks do. They are the necrolytes or necromancers of the Scourge of a Thousand Worlds, not mages.