Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

How valuable is 4p T20 for frost?

I've been futzing around with a frost mage alt and I've managed to pick up all 6 pieces of T20 via LFR. Unfortunately, by the time I got those assembled I already picked up assorted 920+ gear for the same slots and now I am confused if the bonus is actually worth the loss of dropping ~30ish ilvl on each slot to equip some combination of the set.

No legendaries to support it, mind. The only two legendaries I've gotten have been the... uh... Move While Casting Boots (totally legit name I am sure) and the chest which gives a barrier when using blink.

T20 is around 10%ish, so it's probably worth to keep on, even with high Ilevel differences, but depending on stats/trinkets and other factors, it's really impossible to say if you gain 5-7 character ilevel from not equiping it.

Though you should probably sim your own character with Raidbots or simulationcraft client to make sure.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    T20 is around 10%ish, so it's probably worth to keep on, even with high Ilevel differences, but depending on stats/trinkets and other factors, it's really impossible to say if you gain 5-7 character ilevel from not equiping it.

Though you should probably sim your own character with Raidbots or simulationcraft client to make sure.
    This was encouraging enough to go through the trouble of simming and it does appear to be a fairly substantial upgrade, even with the loss of ~2600 int and ~10 ailvl. Unless I mucked everything up and got a false comparison but for now I shall believe.

Thanks!