Poll: How are you going to go through the game?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    step one: get supplies
    step two: barricade every door in this house
    step three: make no contact with the outside world until i'm level capped
    step four:?????
    step five: profit!

on-topic: i voted steady-pace to level cap but i'm torn between that and just BSing around while exploring and other random stuff.

ADHD heaven. OMG EVENT. OMG PVP. OMG Some-other-totally-unrelated-thing!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    exploring/adventuring for sure. Maybe some pvp. Maybe some duengons. But I'll defiantly be that guy who's just seemingly aimlessly roaming around Tyria.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Slowly. Since there's no sub fee, I won't be rushed at all. I might even take a break on my first character for a month just to savor it again. Probably do all kinds of time-wasting shit along the way for the simple reason that I'm not being pressed into paying more money.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will take it nice and slow, leveling with my best friend. We are just leveling in a way that makes it most interesting and fun, exploring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think im going to try to get into the open beta to get my exploration fix out of my system, and when the offical game releases I will level grind to cap and then pace myself to enjoy the rest of the game.

Sound Like a good idea? or just a way to burn myself out quickly?
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    I can't chose because I'll level steady while exploring. SO I get two choices. Also some PvP on the way, but less as first I want the story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I think im going to try to get into the open beta to get my exploration fix out of my system, and when the offical game releases I will level grind to cap and then pace myself to enjoy the rest of the game.

Sound Like a good idea? or just a way to burn myself out quickly?
    I'm personally only going to piss around a bit in Open Beta, report bugs if I see them here or there. But I'm definetly not going to explore at all, would ruin a big part of it for me personally.

Deleted
    I'll take my time to level up. I enjoy very much how Bioware create story driven RPGs so, I'll have time to try end-game content.
    But when I get there, I'll probably focus on PvP (if it's fun) and some PvE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity00 View Post
    I'll take my time to level up. I enjoy very much how Bioware create story driven RPGs so, I'll have time to try end-game content.
    Remember that you can PvP at level 1!

10+ Year Old Account
    I will try to do as much as I can, but I will NEVER rush into it.

Quote Originally Posted by gravity00 View Post
    Wait, aren't BioWare the guys that are making SW:TOR?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Yup, GW2 is ArenaNet.

Definitely exploring and adventuring. I have been waiting for this game for what seems like forever. WoW was simply just something to fill the time.

I have played multiple MMOs since 1998 and I went hardcore in way too many of them. I'm hoping GW2 will offer a nice transition between hardcore gaming and casual gaming without most of the in-game downsides.

I will definitely level at a steady pace with some PvP on the side. I've never been much of an explorer unless something brings me to these remote areas.

I am usually a hardcore leveler straight to level cap when new MMOs are out. I have done this in Rift, Aion(meant 13+ hr sessions of grinding everyday for two months), and for every WoW expansion. However since the main reason I do that is to have access to content such as endgame pvp as soon as possible, I won't need to rush leveling in Guild Wars 2 as much of the content is available right after doing the tutorial. The only thing there won't be access to will be right away, as far as I know, are the instanced dungeons. I won't feel the need to rush to level cap and will probably take my time. That said, I will still probably put in crazy amounts of time into the game and probably will level really fast even with taking my time. But that's more of a side effect then a goal, so I voted for Exploring/Adventuring with a subnote of "PVP included".

All of the above? I will probably be playing a lot of this game when it comes out, so if WvWvW is really enjoyable I'll probably level doing that for a while. I am going to want to try several of the professions before I fully commit to one. Depends on how long it takes to level as well. If I can get to 40 from just a few days of grinding PvE I may do that just so I can see the dungeons before everyone starts making videos for them. I like doing content when it is really new, and the story line interests me a lot as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    LOL s*** wrong forum, my bad LOL. Sometimes I forgot the list we have in the "Recent Forum Post" and I tough this was a SWtoR thread, sorry about that. I'm going to play both game so I'm lurking both forums

But in case of GW2, I'm going to, at least, try PvP at the start. I saw some videos and I think it will be as fun, or even more, than it was in the first GW!

But questing also seems so fun man!
    Even yesterday I watched some Totalbiscuit videos about GW2 Demos and not having to talk with NPCs to receive quests because you receive them as events when you enter specific zones makes so more sense than speaking with some dude to go kill some boars! And multiple ways to complete quests since you fill a bar, let it be from killing rats or killing enemies or cleaning up the place! I can't wait to try it!

The landscapes look bloody gorgeous so I'm going to level casually, but can already tell I'll be tempted to look over that certain mountain or explore that ominous cave

I'm just going to wonder around and have fun, I love admiring what the art team has put so much effort into. Also I'll love the dynamic questing, something fresh and new is exactly what I need.