A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    So, I am actually pretty good at support characters. My favorite is probably Janna (I will piss folks off with random tornadoes from bushes all day, it never gets old), but I also really enjoy Lulu and Karma.

My problem is that I tend to suck at most other types of characters. I can't seem to get consistent kills on any toon, and if I'm not support this is frowned upon. I play defensively usually so that is good for not feeding and feeding my own teammates, but you are supposed to be agressive a lot of the time too. And if someone is insistent on playing support before I pick then I am kind of sol (multiple supports at once is bad right?)

Any recommendations? I haven't found a melee character I like at all yet (well, mayyyyybe Nasus but I rage a lot on him because people always seem to complain I am farming minions too much mid game while at the same time last hitting all the ones at the start so I can't build up Soul Strike>.> It's kind of a catch-22 that I can't figure out yet). I kind of like Twisted Fate, but I don't think I am very good with him yet (I can't seem to ever "gank" properly with his teleport) and I am not sure how good I will get with him. I need more toons to pick from. I have tried/bought a lot of other ranged and try a lot of melee when they rotate to free but can't seem to find anything that really suits me.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Kenai; 2012-04-12 at 05:34 PM.
    Behind every invincible tank and pro DPS is an OOM healer, rolling their eyes.

Soraka mid? Karma support top when you don't have jungler? Lulu or Lux mid?

Nautilus or Alistar jungle?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    So, I am actually pretty good at support characters. My favorite is probably Janna (I will piss folks off with random tornadoes from bushes all day, it never gets old), but I also really enjoy Lulu and Karma.

My problem is that I tend to suck at most other types of characters. I can't seem to get consistent kills on any toon, and if I'm not support this is frowned upon. I play defensively usually so that is good for not feeding and feeding my own teammates, but you are supposed to be agressive a lot of the time too. And if someone is insistent on playing support before I pick then I am kind of sol (multiple supports at once is bad right?)

Any recommendations? I haven't found a melee character I like at all yet (well, mayyyyybe Nasus but I rage a lot on him because people always seem to complain I am farming minions too much mid game while at the same time last hitting all the ones at the start so I can't build up Soul Strike>.> It's kind of a catch-22 that I can't figure out yet). I kind of like Twisted Fate, but I don't think I am very good with him yet (I can't seem to ever "gank" properly with his teleport) and I am not sure how good I will get with him. I need more toons to pick from. I have tried/bought a lot of other ranged and try a lot of melee when they rotate to free but can't seem to find anything that really suits me.

Thoughts?
    My advice to you is to keep on trying champs until you find some you like. Like Nasus in your case, If you like playing him, get him.
    League of Legends Porkchop Express 30 NA

A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Soraka mid? Karma support top when you don't have jungler? Lulu or Lux mid?

Nautilus or Alistar jungle?
    I still don't know what to do as a "jungler". I am very new still, been playing...3 weeks? I just found out what a leash was like 4 days ago lol.

I understand the red/blue buffs, but do they just level on mobs in the jungle and then use those levels + buffs to gank half dead opponents in lanes?

I have heard Soraka was quite dangerous though, I will try her next.
    Behind every invincible tank and pro DPS is an OOM healer, rolling their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by WowAydin View Post
    Just bought twitch last night, early game he SUCKS and i mean sucks no early game kills for you.

You're playing him wrong. I have a friend who plays twitch, and usually has 3 or more kills in the first few minutes of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    I still don't know what to do as a "jungler". I am very new still, been playing...3 weeks? I just found out what a leash was like 4 days ago lol.

I understand the red/blue buffs, but do they just level on mobs in the jungle and then use those levels + buffs to gank half dead opponents in lanes?

I have heard Soraka was quite dangerous though, I will try her next.
    Basically, yea. By farming the neutral creeps, you create an extra source of XP and gold income as well as create 3v2 or 2v1 situations which will hopefully help your laning buddies.

There's several guides out there, but most appear to be out of date. Try this one. It has been updated recently and at first glance looked pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post
    You're playing him wrong. I have a friend who plays twitch, and usually has 3 or more kills in the first few minutes of the game.
    Then your friend plays against people who don't buy a vision ward / push lanes when there is a Twitch in the enemy team. I've got SO many FB on Twitch because he didn't expect to be seen. Counter to Twitch is not being an idiot.

Twitch is just your regular pub stomper hero. Because most pugs can't be bothered with normal wards, less say invis wards and oracles unless its late game, so Twitch will have snowballed hard by then.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 02:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    He used to be more of a hybrid than he is now. Atmogs works, but don't think TF is the way to go really. Personally I liked his old incarnation better, but that's me. He's still pretty darn solid especially about 15 minutes in with some farm.

As to Poppy, she's really an acquired taste. Very hard to farm with, which is on purpose as she's insanely dangerous when fed. If nothing else, she's an awesome pick for Dominion but does require a bit of help/luck in SR with regards to team/match up.
    So how should i be building Jax then? Will appreciate input on him. And i think i'm also getting Pantheon just so i can feel like a Spartan. Hahaha.

High Overlord
    @Kenai
    Try out Heimerdinger. With his turrets, you have to lure ppl into them, so you have to play a bit defensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Do we join the demons to fight the titans? One can dream.

CassiOPea , really fun and underestimated champion

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by s3ki View Post
    @Kenai
    Try out Heimerdinger. With his turrets, you have to lure ppl into them, so you have to play a bit defensive.
    I don't know why you would ever recommend Heimerdinger to anyone. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Selidor View Post
    CassiOPea , really fun and underestimated champion
    Cassiopeia is far from underestimated. Shes one of the best, if not the best mid champion.(Of course, everything has its counter so technicly theres no 'best' mid)
    Reason you probably dont see her alot when leveling up / low elo, is because shes actually really hard to play for people not used to smartcasting.

Like, when I first started this game, I tried out lee sin. I absolutely hated him, way to hard to play so I refunded him. Of course, I hadnt hit a skill shot in my life, but now, 2 months later and smartcasting for 2 months, I bought him when he was on sale. Hes a breeze and so much fun now.

Riven or Blitzcrank solo top ?

Quote Originally Posted by RiotAndIP View Post
    Riven or Blitzcrank solo top ?
    Riven definitely. Imo Putting Blitz as a solo top is quite a waste, cause he doesn't really need all that much CS and he's better with a partner which makes me very dangerous when he's in the bush.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 06:00 AM ----------

Guys, is there any hero similar to Gangplank? I bought his spooky gangplank skin and would like to know of others who are similar in playstyle to gankplank. I tired Pantheon but i'm just not very good with him.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post

Guys, is there any hero similar to Gangplank? I bought his spooky gangplank skin and would like to know of others who are similar in playstyle to gankplank. I tired Pantheon but i'm just not very good with him.
    I'd guess Malphite comes the closest to GP, also able to top and jungle, pretty tanky, has a ranged Q with a slow aswell and a pretty good ult for teamfights/initiation.

So should i buy Cassiopeia, or Viktor? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperhald View Post
    personally i would buy viktor.
    more durable and versatile. but less maximum damage potential.
    both of them require "above-average" skill to be played properly.

edit: cass gets totally pwned by almost all offtank champs(hate you garen^^), especially without rylais, whilst viktor has his shield and the field to defend himself until ya allies can react
    so maybe to add this: cass needs better teamwork than viktor
    Last edited by Silvator; 2012-04-13 at 11:24 PM.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperhald View Post
    Cass. Although viktor after his small buff ain't that bad, you can actually do wonders with cass.

planning to buy LeeSin, Maokai and Shyvanna with the next ~18k ip.
    obviously for jungling and/or solo top.

so after having played them all when it was possible,
    what would you recommend getting first?
    (im usually playing somewhat aggressive, signing up solo)
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook

I really like Shyvanna, and she is awesomem but she lacks CC so she need the probber setup to work, but i guess you know that. But Shyvanna is my personal favorite!