Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    Yes, it's possible to solo a lane with Kassadin. It's also possible to jungle with Sona, but I prefer not to.

Kassadin just doesn't have the speed, defense or mana management (even with a point or two in Nether Blade) to have the staying power against more common choices in 1v1 lanes.

Also Lestrang, you seem to be extremely fond of telling me what Kassadin can do to survive, and really clueless on what they can do back to you.

Do you think that Ashe cares that you threw a Q at her?
    Do you think that Urgot cares at all that your E is charged up from his spamming?

They don't. Kassadin needs to be safe, alive and farmed in the early game. Give solo lanes to champions who can afford to take risks.

Uh, I am not entirely sure why you'd lane as Kassadin against a AD, when his role is anti-ap Assassin. That's his job, and if you are laning him against a AD well, your fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoloft View Post
    words
    Quoting my entire post immediately after I made it and several grammar errors aside, that's my point. Most champions in solo lanes will be carries, and many of those are AD. AP carries show up mid more often than top, but just try telling your own team's carry that you want to take mid over them.

Besides, the "Assassin" part of your description of him is exactly what I'm talking about. Until he gets the power to roam, gank, etc., Kassadin can't do shit. And it's really, really obvious that mid is MIA when you leave to go play "assassin". Top and bottom get confused all the time with junglers roaming, though. Much better for assassins to lane there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's possible to solo a lane with Kassadin. It's also possible to jungle with Sona, but I prefer not to.

Kassadin just doesn't have the speed, defense or mana management (even with a point or two in Nether Blade) to have the staying power against more common choices in 1v1 lanes.

Also Lestrang, you seem to be extremely fond of telling me what Kassadin can do to survive, and really clueless on what they can do back to you.

Do you think that Ashe cares that you threw a Q at her?
    Do you think that Urgot cares at all that your E is charged up from his spamming?

They don't. Kassadin needs to be safe, alive and farmed in the early game. Give solo lanes to champions who can afford to take risks.
    Lane anti-mage against AD carry. BRILLIANT. The fuck are you doing, laning him bot w/support against AD? Are you level 30? If you're forced to lane against an AD, then you got outpicked.

Kassadin has just FINE mana management. I run mp/5 per lvl yellows & never have issues. If you have mana issues you're spamming your spells for no reason at all. I don't even take a point in Nether Blade until 14. And you talk about solo laning an Ashe. Let's give a squishy, slow, AD carry a solo lane. One gap closer and she's dead. Kassadin becomes pretty much ungankable past lvl 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    words
    Read my last post. You clearly have no idea what I'm even talking about.

Kassadin has piss-poor attack damage, so you have to rely on Null Sphere for last-hitting more than I'd like. His mana management without a catalyst and/or TotG is NOT fine for this, and going into melee range to last-hit with autoattacks and regain mana with W's passive makes his squishy ass extremely vulnerable.

The whole point of playing Kassadin properly isn't to rely on getting to level 6 to become "ungankable" at all. It's to get to level 6 comfortably so you can use Rift Walk to gank. Kassadin likes to gank. He doesn't like sitting pretty in a lane all day waiting for trouble to come find him.

.....Yeah, lets put an anti-mage against an AD carry. I really don't understand what you are trying to prove here, yes he is bad against AD carries, big woop. HE IS AN ANTI MAGE, YOU PUT HIM AGAINST A MAGE good god. Also, theres really no need for the condescending act on the internet buckaroo, its the fucking internet, who gives a flying fuck about grammar errors. And seeing as you care so much, yes my grammar is atrocious right now because I haven't slept in about 32 hours, now get off your high horse, and I couldn't care less about my grammar right now.

And if you are relying on Null sphere to last hit, I'm sorry but really? If you are getting bullied hard you ask for a gank from your jungle, everyone knows he's piss poor before level 6
    Last edited by Zoloft; 2012-01-22 at 09:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care how long it's been since you've slept, "buckaroo."

And if it's such common knowledge that Kassadin is piss-poor before level 6, why the FUCK would you put him against a carry, regardless of AP or AD, and let them have you by the balls for the first portion of laning phase?

I'll say this one more time and hope it sinks in: solo laning with Kassadin is risky. If you get out-farmed or out-played in your lane, you're useless the rest of the game. You want to gank as soon as you can after level 6. Mid doesn't have that luxury. Kassadin is a bad choice for solo mid.

I don't care how long it's been since you've slept, "buckaroo."

And if it's such common knowledge that Kassadin is piss-poor before level 6, why the FUCK would you put him against a carry, regardless of AP or AD, and let them have you by the balls for the first portion of laning phase?

I'll say this one more time and hope it sinks in: solo laning with Kassadin is risky. If you get out-farmed or out-played in your lane, you're useless the rest of the game. You want to gank as soon as you can after level 6. Mid doesn't have that luxury. Kassadin is a bad choice for solo mid.
    Then why bother bringing up the grammar errors? o right, gotta look cool on dem internetz.

Read the bold part, now I want you to look at what his Q does. Think about it. Quit spreading misconceptions because you suck with a certain champion.
    Last edited by Zoloft; 2012-01-22 at 09:55 AM.

Deleted
    Going anything BUT mid on Kassadin would handicap his ability to roam easily. You're top? Bot needs a gank? It'll take you forever to get there. And that's not even the main reason you wanna go mid with Kassadin, the whole point of Kassadin is that he can safely farm whenever the hell he wants against any AP Champion; he can trade harass easier than any other AP, he's ungankable after 6, and he can clear his wave pretty fast and proceeed to go roaming after that, while still keeping excellent mana, (mp5 runes, catalyst, blue buff)

Putting Kassadin in a duo lane would delay his ability to roam, wich is a terri-fucking-bad thing.

IF you meet an AD mid, you got wisely counterpicke, and you should consider switching lanes so that you're laning against their AP carry, if they dont have one then you're simply fucked and you should consider waiting to pick Kassadin next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read my last post. You clearly have no idea what I'm even talking about.

Kassadin has piss-poor attack damage, so you have to rely on Null Sphere for last-hitting more than I'd like. His mana management without a catalyst and/or TotG is NOT fine for this, and going into melee range to last-hit with autoattacks and regain mana with W's passive makes his squishy ass extremely vulnerable.

The whole point of playing Kassadin properly isn't to rely on getting to level 6 to become "ungankable" at all. It's to get to level 6 comfortably so you can use Rift Walk to gank. Kassadin likes to gank. He doesn't like sitting pretty in a lane all day waiting for trouble to come find him.
    No...no he doesn't last hit horribly...his base AD is 52.3 + 3.9 per lvl & the animation is good... Cass is 47, Ryze's is 50, Annie is 49, Morgana is 51...GUESS WHAT? People last hit with those characters JUST FINE. If you can't last hit with him, it is a fundamental problem with YOUR skill, not Kassadin.

His mana management is FINE. I NEVER, I repeat, NEVER have mana issues with him in lane. Levels 1-3 you a little bit defensive, but after that? Void Sphere is amazing harass towards anyone who tries to come to the minion wave/engage you. Force Pulse is a static 80 mana ability at EVERY LEVEL that can clear minions waves so fucking easily & effectively. You playing shitty and losing lane? Jungler's exist for a reason.

Getting to level 6 is NOTHING like the hell you describe it to be AT ALL. You must play a garbage/met a garbage Kassadin. Unless of course you super skilled 2k ELO. Kassadin does extremely well against AP Carries. 15% reduced damage, a ranged silence harass, and a strong AOE slow thats CD is restricted due to the number of spells you cast? Totally shit against AP bro.

Putting him in a duo lane would increase the amount of time it takes for him to get to level 6 also, herp derp. Putting an anti-mage against an AD would also reduce the amount of time it takes for him to get lvl 6. Your entire argument seems to be based on the fact that "Oh Kassadin doesn't lane well against AD. As an anti-mage. AP." Guess what? Most AP Carries dont lane well against AD. That's a lane setup problem, not Kassadn's.
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2012-01-22 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    more stuff

Cassi? Annie? Morgana? NONE of those champions are melee. They can ALL last hit from range without stepping too close for comfort.

Going the "hurr dur herpaderp u so dum" route is making you look more like a retard with every word you write. READ before you respond, kid.

Please don't insult other posters. Infracted.-Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-01-22 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cassi? Annie? Morgana? NONE of those champions are melee. They can ALL last hit from range without stepping too close for comfort.

Going the "hurr dur herpaderp u so dum" route is making you look more like a retard with every word you write. READ before you respond, kid.
    "Kassadin has piss-poor attack damage." I tell you his AD is better than every single other AP Mid you will meet. Even so, something about a ranged silence as well as an AOE Slow says something about someone trying to come in and harass him. This is what you fall back on?

Go on, address the rest of my response. I'm waiting. Or just admit you have a fundamental misunderstanding of Kassadin. It's ok, we all make mistakes.

kid.

10+ Year Old Account

Try being less inflammatory. It's getting rather annoying.

He mentions AD values as that is what's being used to last hit. If you're just blowing abilities to last hit, you're just going to waste your mana. Even on Annie, using her Q to last hit means you're doing something wrong. It means you're slowing down your farming a lot if that's all you use.

Your examples are off-base and unrealistic. Ashe won't be in a solo lane. Kassadin won't be matching up against an AD champ. If either occurs, something went wrong. Champs don't use AP to last hit. If they did, they wouldn't be able to land a single creep kill with just their base AP of ~10 from a Doran's Ring.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-01-22 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    yes, kassadin is so bad mid that he gets used in tournaments as an AP mid and often wrecks other great AP mid players who are using a ranged champion. (SK Ocelote used it in a tournament game they won the other day if i'm not mistaken, and managed to win his lane and end the game going 13 kills to only one death) not to mention the fact that he is pretty much banned every game, and if on the small chance he does get left open, guess what role he gets played at? oh yeah, AP mid.

all your posts are showing is that you have no idea about the game and you are just another bad player making blind and stupid comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    ًWhen did this thread turn to fight :/
    Kassadin is one of best mid, you don't know how to play him well doesn't deny he is very good (maybe Brand better, but that doesn't make him an Evelynn)
    His silence is one longest non-ulti in game that screw ap too much, his burst is very high he can take most AD before any reaction, and assume he can react kass can escape most ganks and attacks easily thanks to his ulti, his drawback is his melee so he must attack at right moment

Posting here to ask, who is fastest jungler, I tested Shyvana this week, she is fastest jungler I played, however she lack end game role completely (tanky you get ignored, high dps you die first)
    Also is WW any good team fights without banshee veil? His ulti is interrupted by anything like 5sec cd silence soraka
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    ًWhen did this thread turn to fight :/
    Kassadin is one of best mid, you don't know how to play him well doesn't deny he is very good (maybe Brand better, but that doesn't make him an Evelynn)
    His silence is one longest non-ulti in game that screw ap too much, his burst is very high he can take most AD before any reaction, and assume he can react kass can escape most ganks and attacks easily thanks to his ulti, his drawback is his melee so he must attack at right moment

Posting here to ask, who is fastest jungler, I tested Shyvana this week, she is fastest jungler I played, however she lack end game role completely (tanky you get ignored, high dps you die first)
    Also is WW any good team fights without banshee veil? His ulti is interrupted by anything like 5sec cd silence soraka
    ? Shyvana has amazing late game. Innate tankiness (50 bonus Armor/MR in addition to 78.8/52 base MR at 18). Her Q is amazing with on effect hits. She has pretty incredible damage. Her ganks just require a bit of CC from the laner. She is one of if not the fastest clearers in the game, I think Pheonix Udyr might be a bit faster.

WW to me is an ult bot, and if that ult is denied, he is just kind of meh. If you build tanky/CDR Warwick you have a decent presence. You literally are a BITCH to take down and your Q does decent damage. There are just so many other champs I would prefer.

Deleted
    I have to say I have never, ever seen a Kass take anything else but mid (perhaps top a few times if there's an AP champ top). The fact that he's a meelee champ isn't a problem. For a big part Gragas can be considered melee too, yet he's great in solo lane. No idea why you would even put them in a duolane as they need massive farm and have great ganks for bot and top. He has AoE, silence, ridiculous burst and he's on your face by just pressing R. By the time the silence wears off on the enemy AP carry you already riftwalked away.

Deleted
    This is where we take a deep breath and count to 10. Then we remember what the rules are and then we follow them.
    Is that a deal people?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post
    This is where we take a deep breath and count to 10. Then we remember what the rules are and then we follow them.
    Is that a deal people?
    Your signature, tmust be to big!

;o)

Now, back to the actual topic at hand.

In my last few matches, no I think in most of the matches i've played, people tend to pick either AD carries or very squishy AP champions. Now if one team has a more tanky player to soak some damage, they tend to win. Now in my current list of champs, I don't have one like these yet. So i'd like to get one, but i have a hard time picking the right one.

I don't think i want a pure tank, because i do tend to queue solo, so counting on my teammates 100% to do things for me isn't something i'm entirely comfortable with. Also, since rammus is free this week, i tried him out for a bit but i found he really isn't for me, so that's one we can forget about. I'm hoping someone has any tips here for me, looking for a tanky champion, mainly for solo queue non ranked matches. I quite like the idea of riven, but not everything i've read about her was positive. Also quite like Udyr, but then jungling isn't really what i'd like to do. I prefer laning.

I'm not max level yet, not even close so i got some time to learn to play the character too.

thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Riven is a lot of fun, but would recommend trying her in free first. Think Renekton is free for a few more days. You could give him a spin. He can be very annoying in lane once he gets just a few levels.