Mists of Pandaria - A calm before the storm

So i just watched Metzen's announcement of the MoP. It's like he knows that the trailer sucks and that some ppl may be disappointed by this exp or trailer itself. He told the audience to think of this as a calm before the storm. He said that the years of WoW that are going to come are going to be mega-uber-epic.

So I'm guessing, maybe they're just trying to buy some time with MoP (I love the exp btw) Maybe the have something epicly big in the works.

What do you guys think?

Oh and panda haters, please don't flame.

Here's the video :

Also , kudos to Chris for wearing and Alliance tee :P
    Last edited by Black_One; 2011-10-22 at 10:37 AM.

I agree, however the game is looking less and less like a world of warcraft. and more like a world of stuff-to-do-craft. which is why he was so tentative.

The big cheeses obviously dont want to bring out the big guns yet, Aszhara, Sargeras etc. and im sure the final few expansions will be good but they arent helping their cause with this new expansion. With more and more people leaving the game, i dont think what they have come up with will convince many bad ass gamers to come back. It just isnt going to save them against titles like Diablo 3, Firefall, SWTOR and so many great new games are coming out, and i just dont think they are going to keep up.

I'm sure it'll be fun, hell ill have a go. but as a gamer, i think i speak for most people when i say, games stopped simply being fun a long time ago.
    Last edited by Sikizim; 2011-10-22 at 10:44 AM.

MoP is already shaping up to be better than the uneventful Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinn View Post
    MoP is already shaping up to be better than the uneventful Cataclysm.
    Agreed, when Catac was announced I was like "Hmm, that seems "cool"", I played, 1 month later "This is booooooring...." Firelands hit live, "Hmm, this seems... dull?" I try out Firelands for a while "Hmm.... This WAS dull."

I've been really excited for this MoP and what it brings, hope it is as well made as it sounds.

I really hope he means just the trailer as its a peaceful look at a new chapter to wow.
    And possibly meaning the mist of Panderia would start off seeming rather innocent but let it unravel into a fully fledged war.
    It also could have been hinting towards metzen knowing that the only zones far enough in development to show are the starting zones and 86 zones which look so peaceful, if he even mentioned war and evil etc it would look like a joke with the trailer, so hes almost saying, "just wait becuase there is more sinister stuff, we just don have it ready yet."

But then again if thats not what he means , is it really that bad for this to be seen as an explorers expansion, we see it all the time and in other games and movies that dive into traveling to new worlds to venture into a new story are far more intriguing because it opens up more doors. Also this EXOTIC flavour to MOP dosnt seem to bad, if anything i really want to just level through all the new zones and maybe try out RPING

Deleted
    There's already a thread about this...
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-announcement

Deleted
    He said that the trailer will be the calm before the storm the storm being MoP

MoP will be centered around Alliance vs Horde war.

I find it really funny that people kept saying "Cata's just a filler expansion" and now people are saying "MoP's just a filler expansion". Do you guys realise these "fillers" are about 3 years of time? 3 years of your lives wasted on "fillers", waiting for something better?

Who cares as long as they're enjoyable?

Still not 100% convinced that panda's will be the theme of the next expansion not that I'm against or for it since I like to keep an open mind about it. It just seems like a joke that they came up with just to screw with people until they the alpha or beta.

The speech itself is funny...he has the chance of saying ''panda's'' a few times but he refrains himself of shouting it.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Still not 100% convinced that panda's will be the theme of the next expansion not that I'm against or for it since I like to keep an open mind about it. It just seems like a joke that they came up with just to screw with people until they the alpha or beta.

The speech itself is funny...he has the chance of saying ''panda's'' a few times but he refrains himself of shouting it.
    That's a pretty expensive joke then. What about stocks ? They go up and down, and announcements have a role in that too mate.