Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Shannox and alys at the same time, Use the flyer's buff to down the dogs super fast, I think it would be the easiest combo on normal due to the amount of downtime you have if only 1 person goes up

Deleted
    alyrazor and Shannox.
    means if you have a "cleave" that takes your targets damg and spread it your tanks can effectively do double their chicken dps to Riplimb and Shannox probably means you need a warrior tank for cleave/revenge + possibly spreads empowered rend on thunderclap? either way on normal most likely doable although tornadoes + traps would be a bit of a challenge to dodge unless you an deliberately run into a crystal trap and then be "out of los" of the tornados.

although alysrazor provides a haste/crit buff I think it would be pretty challenging given the amount of things that could go wrong with meteor LOS/brushfire/lava spew and the whole timing of firestorm + hurl spear. while this is all going on you have a good chunk of your dps interrupting the adds on the sides which means you will most likely not kill shannox in time before fiery tornadoes.

i think the easiest combination would be shannox with beth'tilac. with the HP reduction you don't need to do any damage to beth'tilac up top and the dps requirements down below for spiders is low which would give the raid more time to burn shannox. also there would be no obstacles for players to work around with rageface kiting/trapping and the riplimb tank could also tank the drones. you'd need a 3rd tank and probably an extra healer but with raid CDs you can survive the venom rain and if you have a couple mages you don't even have to worry about that aoe

Shannox and Baleroc...

2 Tanks, throw some massive CDs on the tank with Baleroc and Shannox in the start. Once stacks build up, Shannox becomes laughtable.
    Allow the Ripling tank to get a stack of Blaze Glory, so healers get extra healing when healing him.

The hardest part would be Rageface + Crystals/Countdown, the movement since you'd have to avoid traps and tormented people while in a hurry (ie countdown) and the start of the battle since the Tank could easily die to a Decimation Blade + Shannox early on.

Ah, and people would have to take real care with the spear, as you'd get instantly killed by its AoE if hit while tormented.

Enrage probably wouldn't be an issue. Shannox has a 10 minute enrage while Baleroc 6. After downing Baleroc you'd still have 4 minutes to drop Shannox, which is easy and he'd not be on full health since people would have multi DoT'ed/cleaved him.

Deleted
    Unless WoL is buggy the answer is yes.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=2653#Rakaro

Probably Shannox with Beth. There's so much downtime on reg Beth that you could easily work down Shannox and the dogs during that downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Unless WoL is buggy the answer is yes.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=2653#Rakaro
    They killed Alysrazor and then pulled Shannox as it was patrolling past the Alyszrazor area. So no that is not 2 bosses at once.

that particular log is buggy. you must be out of combat for a certain amount of time for the log to upload properly. if you check some of the players they pot twice which means they dropped combat at 21:21:00 of their log time before they pulled shannox seconds later

If you have a mage flying you could quite easily do Shannox + Alysrazor, the +haste&crit when Alysrazor is burnt out and mage spreading combustion + ignite would do ridiculous damage to Shannox and his dogs. On normal it'd be easy, heroic I imagine would be a whole other story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    They killed Alysrazor and then pulled Shannox as it was patrolling past the Alyszrazor area. So no that is not 2 bosses at once.
    Exactly what Blood Legion did last week.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...mqqf2e/fights/

Quote Originally Posted by thehordemage View Post
    that particular log is buggy. you must be out of combat for a certain amount of time for the log to upload properly. if you check some of the players they pot twice which means they dropped combat at 21:21:00 of their log time before they pulled shannox seconds later
    You know if you prepot it shows as if you took 2 potions in a fight as well right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Exactly what Blood Legion did last week.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...mqqf2e/fights/
    Yeah I was watching that one, pretty smart but doing the firestorm without the meteor, did NOT know you could brute force that part

Quote Originally Posted by thehordemage View Post
    although alysrazor provides a haste/crit buff I think it would be pretty challenging given the amount of things that could go wrong with meteor LOS/brushfire/lava spew and the whole timing of firestorm + hurl spear. while this is all going on you have a good chunk of your dps interrupting the adds on the sides which means you will most likely not kill shannox in time before fiery tornadoes.
    We are talking about normal right? No meteors or firestorms.
    It probably would be doable to tank Shannox and Riplimb through the fiery tornadoes phase. I would just make sure Rageface is down before that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    You know if you prepot it shows as if you took 2 potions in a fight as well right?
    yea i know how it appears on the logs if you prepot, but if you look at the hunter in that log you can see he potted once in the middle of each fight, never at the start

If you check world of logs on normal 10 man for shannox top 2 DPS are tanks because they pulled shannox then alysrazor at the same and got the bird dmg buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    No WoL shows it as one potion with double uptime.

For example:

Volcanic Power 1 49.4 6.9 %
    One potion has a 25 second duration. The log shows one potion with 49.4 seconds uptime, so, the person pre-potted 0.6 seconds before the pull.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to agree that either Baleroc and Shannox or Alysrazor and Shannox are the two best choices. My guild did a normal Baleroc kill last week in 2 minutes and though I haven't done normal Shannox in a while, I'm sure it's over in about the same. Alysrazor would allow the two tanks to abuse the dps buff as well, so that's just as viable. We're doing GotFR mount runs next week so I probably won't get to test this until the following, but it sounds like fun.

The DPS buff the tanks get only applies to the birds they are attacking.
    Protocol - Borrowed Time - US-Twisting Nether

You could only do this with Shannox because he's the only boss that doesn't leesh.

And I think the combination of abilities and culmaltive damage would be far too much; Facerage during Baleroc Crystals or Alysrazor Tornados = dead. Shannox's debuff + enrage while tanking both bosses = dead. Tanking hungry hathlings + Shannox/Riplimb = dead.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2011-10-27 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    You could only do this with Shannox because he's the only boss that doesn't leesh.

And I think the combination of abilities and culmaltive damage would be far too much; Facerage during Baleroc Crystals or Alysrazor Tornados = dead. Shannox's debuff + enrage while tanking both bosses = dead. Tanking hungry hathlings + Shannox/Riplimb = dead.
    I'm not sure facerage would be that troublesome on crystals as you are already spamming heals on the target and it is already hotted. Besides, you can reduce the amount of stacks each player get on crystal if it is getting too dangerous.

I don't think Alysrazor + Another boss is really viable, as you can't really pay much attention to anything during the tornados. Traps? Spear? Facerage?