Thread: The UFC Thread

Page 1 of 197
... LastLast

The UFC Thread

Hey guys,

So, it recently came up in another thread that we wanted a UFC megathread. So I've started one.

Discuss here all things ufc and mma. Feel free to also discuss The Ultimate Fighter seasons, the fighters and place gentlemen's wagers on fights.

For those who don't know, the ufc is the Ultimate Fighting Championship, a mixed martial arts championship with loads of fighters and awesome fights. If you don't know about it; go youtube it, it's awesome.

Right, so, where were we in the other thread? I believe it was something about Bisping being a massive dick.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    That is a huge fucking punch. You just saw he had it loaded up big, and then BOOM.
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.

Also, WAR DIAZ this saturday!

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    That is a huge fucking punch. You just saw he had it loaded up big, and then BOOM.

Right, so, where were we in the other thread? I believe it was something about Bisping being a massive dick.
    I'm torn atm. As an Englishman it is my duty to support Bisping, but he is reaching new heights of knobism. Granted I think a large part is being put on for the show, I really wouldn't mind seeing Miller tap him out (pretty sure Bisping will have the advantage standing).

And OMG BJ vs. Diaz. CAN. NOT. WAIT

edit: Mitrione vs. Kongo, who do you have?
    2nd Edit: Change the name of the thread to "The MMA Thread?" opens it up a bit more, unless you had hoped to keep the conversations quite focused to UFC
    Last edited by Megazinndo; 2011-10-28 at 02:40 PM.

I'll tell ya which one I really liked; Rampage Jackson vs Jon Jones. I love Jon Jones, and I also really, really hate rampage, I just think he's really cocky and a bit of a dick. So watching him get dominated the whole fight before taken out with an awesome rear naked choke was just amazing.

But yeah, both the Diaz's are fucking crazy.

Edit: But he can be as crazy as he wants; BJ will destroy him. Im a huge BJ Penn fan, I just think he's great.
    Last edited by Darkdruidelf; 2011-10-28 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megazinndo View Post
    I'm torn atm. As an Englishman it is my duty to support Bisping, but he is reaching new heights of knobism. Granted I think a large part is being put on for the show, I really wouldn't mind seeing Miller tap him out (pretty sure Bisping will have the advantage standing).

And OMG BJ vs. Diaz. CAN. NOT. WAIT

edit: Mitrione vs. Kongo, who do you have?
    Support good UK UFC fighters like Dan Hardy, or Ross Pearson. Bisping isn't worthy of your praise.

Also, i'm more stoked for penn/diaz than i would have been for gsp/condit.

I personally can't stand Kongo, i think he has a very boring style for someone of his experience, size, and ability. So i guess i'll go for Matt on that fight, but could really care less. Siver vs Cerrone will be a barn burner as well.

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 10:43 AM ----------

I'll tell ya which one I really liked; Rampage Jackson vs Jon Jones. I love Jon Jones, and I also really, really hate rampage, I just think he's really cocky and a bit of a dick. So watching him get dominated the whole fight before taken out with an awesome rear naked choke was just amazing.

But yeah, both the Diaz's are fucking crazy.

Edit: But he can be as crazy as he wants; BJ will destroy him. Im a huge BJ Penn fan, I just think he's great.
    Rampage has fallen so far from the glory he was in PrideFC. Watch the below clip to refresh your memory. Hollywood life killed him.

As for Mitrione vs Kongo...I kinda really hate them both, so Im looking for a double knockout, ala

Yeh, big Dan Hardy fan, and Ross is coming along nicely had a good showing in his loss to Pearson.
    Just see Bisping as the UK's best chance for any sort of success with the downfall of Hardy since his match against GSP.

Also, I have yet to see all seasons of the ultimate fighter; Ive seen season 3, 5 and 10. What other ones are good? I've seen the finale of season 1, because that is like famously awesome, but I heard the show itself wasnt that great due to all the challenges being stupid. Season 10 was awesome if only for rampage attacking a door.

To be honest, i've never watched more than 1 or 2 episodes each season. I'm just not into reality TV, but i'll catch the fights themselves in the video vault or whatever. General consensus in the community is that Season 5 was the best, and produced the most talent.

To be honest, i've never watched more than 1 or 2 episodes each season. I'm just not into reality TV, but i'll catch the fights themselves in the video vault or whatever. General consensus in the community is that Season 5 was the best, and produced the most talent.
    Yeah and they had the back garden streetfight. Fucking lightweights man (im one of them), they're all fucking crazy!

Haha. i forgot about the backyard streetfight. The talent on that season was amazing though, and the coach rivalry was real.

As much as I respect their talents, the Diaz brothers.... man are they ever assholes.
    Right in line with Rashad, Bisping, Tito, Shamrock, Baroni, Koscheck, and Serra

Fuck all those guys, I love watching their faces get mashed, they play that villain card well - i fuckin hate em !
    Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6 ghz - Corsair H100 - 16GB DDR3-1600 - SLI GTX 580 - Crucial 240GB

Corsair Obsidian 650D - WD 2TB Black Storage

Quote Originally Posted by satyrikon View Post
    As much as I respect their talents, the Diaz brothers.... man are they ever assholes.
    Right in line with Rashad, Bisping, Tito, Shamrock, Baroni, Koscheck, and Serra

Fuck all those guys, I love watching their faces get mashed, they play that villain card well - i fuckin hate em !
    i met tito ortiz at a fundraiser event in miami, and koschek was the color commentator for a regional mma event near me, both were really cool people. Tito was amazing, one of the friendliest and down to earth persons i've ever met in any walk of life. the others, from what i hear, are a bit douchey.

Diaz retires Penn at UFC 137, gets title shot

Diaz retires Penn at UFC 137, gets title shot
    I think you meant to say...Regains title shot after his whiny bitch ass had it taken away from him before for never showing up to promote the fight or at any press conferences. Then starts talking shit about GSP during the press conference after UFC 137 to the point that GSP tells Dana White "let him fight me, I'll beat his ass" and as such Condit was replaced with Diaz so GSP can shut Diaz's mouth permanently.

It was boring watching Penn/Diaz, mostly because I wanted them both to lose somehow.

It was really sad mostly because Penn was sorta a hero to me when I was starting out, and we can quite clearly see his past his prime. A few years ago and I reckon he would have had Diaz. Then again, I would say that, cus I sorta hate Nick Diaz. I mean, all that press conference shit...deal with it. Its part of the fucking job dude, grow up and realise you have to do it, or you dont get to fight.

Go GSP, wipe the floor with him!

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I think you meant to say...Regains title shot after his whiny bitch ass had it taken away from him before for never showing up to promote the fight or at any press conferences.
    This just defines how much of a fair weather fan you are. Missing a press conference is a valid reason to get removed from a title bout huh?

That's one of the biggest problems with Pro MMA and the UFC. Promoters shouldn't be deciding who fights for the titles, the fighters should via their rankings and records.

As far as Diaz vs GSP goes, i'd be happy to place a friendly little wager with you, if you're up to it. Diaz is better then GSP in every way.

LYOTO MACHIDA,

that is all.