Thread: The UFC Thread

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rumble vs Jones is the fight I want to see but for obvious reasons I'm not holding my breath anytime soon. There is talk that he is just gonna get a slap on the wrist which is incredible. Dude has so much damn talent and just can't stop being a fuckup as a human being. It's a little bit amazing that he keeps getting away with bullshit but I'm torn on the issue because he's such a beauty to watch.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the official card, it's how I saw it. Conor took 1, 2, and 4. Conor was on the verge of gassing, took a smart (but admittedly cheap move) out to buy some time, but he got back in there as soon as he had some wind. I don't think either side's fans should be disappointed or in disagreement. This was a pretty easy fight to score. Easy to forget McGregor knocked him down 3 times with how long the fight went.

I'm worried that with such intense prep Conor still can't go 5 rounds balanced, but he did pick it up when he took RD 4. All in all, that should be fight of the night and they both showed tremendous efforts. For once it was Nate who looked like a bitch with his in ring attitude, but it was nice that McGregor didn't take bait and they could be respectful at the end. It honestly looked like McGregor realized he enjoys being a 'real' fighter far more than a drama queen who finishes people in minutes.

Like legit I think he enjoyed that the fight went on for so long and he overcame it. I expect he's going to be a fighter that challenges himself and can take some losses to prove he's more than a flamboyant blip on the radar. Much better response than Ronda when she got beaten.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Looking at the official card, it's how I saw it. Conor took 1, 2, and 4. Conor was on the verge of gassing, took a smart (but admittedly cheap move) out to buy some time, but he got back in there as soon as he had some wind. I don't think either side's fans should be disappointed or in disagreement. This was a pretty easy fight to score. Easy to forget McGregor knocked him down 3 times with how long the fight went.

I'm worried that with such intense prep Conor still can't go 5 rounds balanced, but he did pick it up when he took RD 4. All in all, that should be fight of the night and they both showed tremendous efforts. For once it was Nate who looked like a bitch with his in ring attitude, but it was nice that McGregor didn't take bait and they could be respectful at the end. It honestly looked like McGregor realized he enjoys being a 'real' fighter far more than a drama queen who finishes people in minutes.

Like legit I think he enjoyed that the fight went on for so long and he overcame it. I expect he's going to be a fighter that challenges himself and can take some losses to prove he's more than a flamboyant blip on the radar. Much better response than Ronda when she got beaten.
    Even though I'm not a fan of Conor's antics, the guy's a legit fighter. He obviously stuck to his game plan and it worked, props to him. Obviously I thought the decision was a bit controversial, but I'm biased. I thought Conor was fading pretty bad at the end of the 2nd and that Nate had won 2,3,5 and almost KO'd him in the 3rd.

Right now I kind of just want to go back to regular PPVs, these cards are overwhelming with everyone talking about them! Sometimes I just like watching those cozy "unpopular PPVs". Can't wait for Miocic/Overem

Also something about these 2 fighting makes me nervous as hell. It was the same during the first fight, I was literally shaking while watching the vid, guess because I wanted Nate to win so bad.

As long as DC's chin holds out, I don't think Johnson beats him. DC's style is too cardio draining for AJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    I thought Conor was fading pretty bad at the end of the 2nd
    A lot of people are questioning round 2 as the big 'what if' factor, but if you go back and rewatch without us being on the edge of our seats Conor controlled him very dominantly and knocked him down. Diaz did get a flurry off in the last minute or so, but you don't just wildly score rounds b/c some guy starts throwing punches for 1/5 of the round, you know? It was a really good fight, even when it slowed from them both getting tired...Nate has an invincible chin, because just about anyone else around their weights taking those shots would have been gone. Surprised that McGregor could shake off some of Nate's hits as well. Exciting fight, no doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    As long as DC's chin holds out, I don't think Johnson beats him. DC's style is too cardio draining for AJ.
    I love their attitudes and that DC is willing to fight him immediately. That kind of thing is healthy for the organization.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    A lot of people are questioning round 2 as the big 'what if' factor, but if you go back and rewatch without us being on the edge of our seats Conor controlled him very dominantly and knocked him down. Diaz did get a flurry off in the last minute or so, but you don't just wildly score rounds b/c some guy starts throwing punches for 1/5 of the round, you know? It was a really good fight, even when it slowed from them both getting tired...Nate has an invincible chin, because just about anyone else around their weights taking those shots would have been gone. Surprised that McGregor could shake off some of Nate's hits as well. Exciting fight, no doubt.

- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah I'd have to go back to watch and see. Those knockdowns count for a lot on the scorecards but honestly they were more Diaz getting hit and falling because of his chopped up leg, he was never in big danger because of them imo. Kind of like what Werdum does. Diaz had 50 significant strikes vs 40 in that round I believe, but the knockdowns gave Conor the advantage.

Oh well. I was a bit disappointed since I was rooting for Diaz, but it was a great war and had me on the edge of my seat like the first one.

Also I fucking love Rumble. The guy is such a professional and he is entertaining as hell. Can't wait for the title fight. I love both fighters so it will be interesting. Of course DC will play it smart like the first fight, but Johnson is scary as hell, he almost knocked out DC in the first fight

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Significant strikes don't matter as much for Diaz since he's a volume puncher. A lot of his shots aren't big or powerful at all but the way he mixes in power in the form of sneaky 1-2's is beautiful. The stats at the end had Diaz with much more significant strikes but I'd say almost half of them don't have that much in them. Whereas some of the hits he was absorbing early in the fight were just bombs. I think Conor fought round 2 like he did round 1 of the first fight, going for the finish and exhausted too much energy. If he stayed with his chopping plan and great movement I personally think he could have TKO'd Nate in the 3rd. But he didn't and he gassed himself with that. He was fairly lucky to be saved by the bell at the end of round 2 but that's just how things play out. I imagine Conor will drag out the leg kicks and pick his shots more wisely for the 3rd fight.

It's actually kind of funny earlier in the card when Lobov fought Avila, it was pretty much their gameplan for Conor v Nate. Pepper the legs and pick your shots.

Also FWIW http://i.imgur.com/OyJonFe.jpg most of the media had McGregor winning.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2016-08-21 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Thw cowboy won! With godly execution on his combo.

Video form of what he did.

That combo was incredible by Cerrone.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looked like a video game and he put a loooot of weight into that gut punch.
    BAD WOLF

202 turned out to be Preeeeeeeettttty Good(Kripp TM), really enjoyed all the fights which is a rarity for me as there's usually at least one that's a drag.

That combo from Cowboy was insane. The debut of that one kid who knocked out the real big Asian guy was real good, he put on a counterpunch clinic in a real David vs Goliath match. Rumble KO was just crazy and much respect for the guy as he carries himself well and isn't a no brain thug, really enjoyed his post fight interview and press conference speeches.

Conor and Nate II was real good though I did think Conor was winning going into round 5 due to the knockdowns and his stuffing Nate's takedown attempts throughout the fight. Conor was doing a ton of running, clutching and dancing away so you can see that even with a full camp to train up to 170 he's not cut out for that weight over the long haul and it's going to always be a gas out threshold for him so if that 3rd fight does happen at 155 it should be to his advantage. Kudos to Nate for one hell of a fight, hopefully we get a 3rd and final chapter to this story.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

MacDonald to Bellator, as expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

sounds like Jon jones could be coming back earlier than 2 years. Lets hope he doesnt fuck up again

Rumors of possible suspension for Nate vaping CBD (admittedly) during the post fight presser.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

that was a neat finish on that last fight just now. i love it when they end like that, instead of the lame cuddling.

but it didn't look like that black dude was ready to give up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else see these McGregor embedded videos? The final one was brilliant, absolutely loved it. Love seeing the behind the scenes stuff, especially the pre fight / post fight locker room footage. So tense before the fight and the elation when it's just his team is awesome. Highly recommended!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6h8...ature=youtu.be

What fight are you guys talking about from last night? Fight Night is tonight.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bellator my friend, different organization. It's pretty much the 2nd biggest to UFC but is slowly building up it's roster with it's recent acquisition of Rory MacDonald (One of the best Welterweights atm). It can be a bit of a clown show at times but there has been some solid fights especially involving current UFC Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez http://bellator.spike.com/fight/hjoh...ddie-alvarez-i was one of the best fights ever imo. They have been picking up former UFC fights who either coulden't compete against top tier competition in the UFC or want a pay bump.

Or the people losing money on the Reebok bs the UFC stuck them with.

Actually the Fight Night is on Fox now. Main Card starts at 8. Prelims are now.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the main fight is about to start. I just tuned in.