To stop the black bars:

Level 55 finally, I'm getting there

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/12667043/

Machinist tried out, not my class. Just feels so slow, might be me though, or the low level

trying to decide on my next ranged class:

Bard, Black Mage

I want to be usefull endgame, and have a decently easy time levelling any tips?

15+ Year Old Account
    Both are useful at end game, though you might have an easier time with BRD though truthfully both depart from their level 50 rotation quite a bit at 60.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    1-5 mobs? not really. Star mobs? Yes! theyre the fun mobs
    What exactly is fun about them? There arn't behemoth/odin/S-Rank level and comparable to a normal fate boss.
    Good thing I don't heal because people add random mobs which arn't being taken care of... must be a huge pain in the ass.

I expected a lot more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    What exactly is fun about them? There arn't behemoth/odin/S-Rank level and comparable to a normal fate boss.
    Good thing I don't heal because people add random mobs which arn't being taken care of... must be a huge pain in the ass.

I expected a lot more.
    Naw they re harder than S ranks.
    Also I found diadem hard a lot of fun yesterday

Deleted
    Dunno, didn't do many S ranks tbh, but one I did was in - uhm what it's called again... shit, 2.x version of idylshire - that 2h-sword mech where you actually had to pay attention and interrupt.
    The one I did in Diadem only had a stomp or 2 and some AoE circles.
    They are just tanky freaking huge monsters, extremely boring to fight - close to zero mechanics for tanks and DDs and if healers know how to pre-shield/top people off (that means if they actually can play the game a little bit) it's no problem for them either. No different to "void ark" - which I feel is impossible to wipe in... I went in there without reading a single guide, mechancis were extremely obvious and even if you fail one - you survive because the damage is so low.

The loot is garbage too, 210 with random stats? ya :/. how about a huge no.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-11-16 at 09:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    210 that have a potential to be BiS and is making raiders get all up in a fucking tizzy because "OMG WE HAVE TO GRIND THIS PLACE FOR BIS" >.> Idk I just had a lot of fun having like 2-3 groups trying to take down the big dinosaur star mob

Deleted
    210 that have a potential to be BiS and is making raiders get all up in a fucking tizzy because "OMG WE HAVE TO GRIND THIS PLACE FOR BIS" >.> Idk I just had a lot of fun having like 2-3 groups trying to take down the big dinosaur star mob

for what content? Considering you need certain accuracy and spellspeed caps, you only have the chance to gain a bit more crit over determination

Yet single stat items are overall weaker than 2-stat items (because the amount of stats is lower) and stat weights are so close (at least for dragoons) in general that there is no reason to go for such a tenacious hunt. In fact I don't even know if you can consider stat weights accurate because the community that cares for this kind of stuff is so freaking small in FFXIV, that you don't have many people arguing about them.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-11-16 at 10:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Machinist tried out, not my class. Just feels so slow, might be me though, or the low level

trying to decide on my next ranged class:

Bard, Black Mage

I want to be usefull endgame, and have a decently easy time levelling any tips?
    BLM will probably feel just as slow to you as MCH. It's a hard caster that is rooted in place most of the time and casts 2.5s spells.

Honestly, coming from a haste capped SPriest in WoW during MoP, all DPS in FF feel agonizingly slow to me. That's why I play a healer. At least here I need to decide important stuff while my kitty casts and the stancedance with cleric can be very fun if content is overgeared.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    I think they meant that they would defend Aymeric because he has shitty armor. xD
    Ah yes, that makes more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    In fact I don't even know if you can consider stat weights accurate because the community that cares for this kind of stuff is so freaking small in FFXIV, that you don't have many people arguing about them.
    Well the game isn't exactly designed around extreme minmax anyway. Maybe that's why most people don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well the game isn't exactly designed around extreme minmax anyway. Maybe that's why most people don't bother.
    You won't see patch notes with "Fire III damage has been reduced by 2.23333333%" or "stun duration reduced by 0.2s" pretty much how wow devs acted in vanilla wow "here are the classes, here are the bosses, deal with it"
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    You won't see patch notes with "Fire III damage has been reduced by 2.23333333%" or "stun duration reduced by 0.2s" pretty much how wow devs acted in vanilla wow "here are the classes, here are the bosses, deal with it"
    Well there is some balancing in FF. AST got neat buffs at the start of the expansion.

But I don't think SE approaches class balance as harshly as Blizzard does.

Well there is some balancing in FF. AST got neat buffs at the start of the expansion.

But I don't think SE approaches class balance as harshly as Blizzard does.
    Pvp crybabies force devs to act like this
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Naw not really. AST had its share of problems at the start of the expansion. DRK was perfectly fine and MCH needed slight tweaks.
    Now they are all pretty darn good.
    And as for PLD, people are basically complaining because PLD can't pull near enough the dps that DRK and WAR can and the only reason this is a problem is because they ve made everything in savage such a tight dps check.
    Like literally no one has complained about PLD in anything else other than savage.
    I think Yoshida said he wasn't too happy with the savage participation numbers and from now on hes gonna make the next savage turns more tactic than dps intensive. Something similar to Thordan ex which I think is a fantastic fight to model hard fights around.
    That should put PLD to equal ground with the other 2 tanks as he has far more deffense than the other 2 and is actually quite praised for Thordan ex right now seeing as the tank busters are both brutal and hit for physical dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happens when Blizzard wants to shove WoW into E-Sports.
    In E-Sports stuff has to be balanced to be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I think Yoshida said he wasn't too happy with the savage participation numbers and from now on hes gonna make the next savage turns more tactic than dps intensive.
    Good. While Zerk timers are important to force people to play ther class well, they shouldn't be the bread and butter of the encounter difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.
    Aymeric wears that bad ass Templar armor.... yet gets injured by a little kitchen knife?!

He should ask for a refund from the Blacksmith. :>

Edit: WTF ... dat priests facial expression. Poor girl.. she'll have nightmares for years to come.
    and we still can't res people cause plot reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Good. While Zerk timers are important to force people to play ther class well, they shouldn't be the bread and butter of the encounter difficulty.
    Never really been fond of enrage timers. I'm more partial to mechanics that can snow ball you to death if you screw up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    XD.

Btw, does anyone actually enjoy diadem? It's so boring. It's like FATE farming.
    Had a run in there last night... holy crap it was exhausting! There was never less than 3-5 mobs pulled at a time. It was nonstop chaos!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    and we still can't res people cause plot reasons.
    Well in pretty much any RPG the ability to resurrect is out of character and needed due to gameplay reasons.

In a world where you (and your opponents) have infinite revivals easily at your disposal you wouldn't get anywhere in terms of storytelling.
    Just look at the primals that get summoned again and again and *sigh* again.

1-5 mobs? not really. Star mobs? Yes! theyre the fun mobs
    I'm going to disagree with this simply because the two times I've been in Diadem, every time we fought a star mob, our group didn't get any credit for it. All the DPS were on it from start to finish, and somehow that still wasn't enough. The second time around when it was a random group rather than guild, people in the group just got pissed off for that and quit, so everyone else was forced to quit or do gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    What confused you?

On Void Ark speculation, I am so hoping that they're going to use some form of Anima for that coffin to open. Creepiest summon of all.

Also, regarding MSQ...

Anyone else thinking we might get our first peek at a zone in Ala Mhigo in the course of 3.x with that Yda/Papalymo story hook they put in?
    Yeah, I am certain the place where Yda and Papalymo are is the resistance of Ala Mhigo. Maybe we will work towards retaking the city. Maybe next expansion will be placed there!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    XD.

Btw, does anyone actually enjoy diadem? It's so boring. It's like FATE farming.
    What do you mean? I loved the Diadem!

I mean, It was really confusing at first, even a bit daunting, but when I realized what was going on, it is lots of hellish fun!

There were 5 parties farming in the inner islands, lots of level 5 and S ranks mobs, so much loot dropping, we got a lot of 210 items!

Of course, the rule was Master Loot, we could greed all 150 and 180 items, and 210 were picked earlier. The poor leader of the group was probably getting nuts with parsing so much gear, but I loved it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    What do you mean? I loved the Diadem!
    It's pretty much a zerg fest. Like FATEs, or Wow world bosses, but with less interesting mechanics. But cool that you like it.

I think it would be cool if they could create the random diadem bosses with random mechanics from the raids/trails/dungeons. They don't need to be super punishing, but maybe tethers that reduce healing or damage until you break them (either by coming in or going away), dps checks, that make a fight harder, not wipe you instantly. Maybe makes void zones that persist entire encounter, so hitting the checks keeps it easier, but doesn't wipe you. Give each boss like, x # of mechanics per rank or star, etc.

To build off that, I think it should be ok that every now and then you hit a tough boss because of mechanic rolls you might need to switch some classes or roles around, or skip. It should be ok that your group is not able to kill it if RNG rolls hard and you can't do them. There are others in the zone you can pursue.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2015-11-16 at 10:00 PM.