10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really digging the Ul'dah music... it's phenomenal. I wonder if Nobuo had a part in that one?

Anyways, after hitting level 30 I'm finding only one thing bothering me consistently. It's not necessarily a fault of the game though, more of an issue with the genre and men. Fucking men! There's just so much skanky armor. Leveling as PUG I think I've worn three bikinis. Luckily a lot of the higher end gear looks good but it really really bothers me to run around in some of this stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 07:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I need some opinions. How reasonable is it for me to want to heal with an xbox controller?
    Get your keybinds down and it's definitely feasible. I think you can make a macro to target specific players, so you could get really responsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I need some opinions. How reasonable is it for me to want to heal with an xbox controller? I've figured out how to cycle between allied targets and whatnot, but it's definitely a little slower than point-and-click. I haven't gotten a chance to do any healing outside of a group of two people just questing. Is it feasible to still be a good healer with a controller?
    While yes, healing with an X-Box controller is slightly slower (cycling), it is more then doable. And you'll learn short cuts and ways to shorten that gap as you play more and more. If you feel more confortable playing with a controller, then do so. The game was built with controllers (PC, PS3, PS4) in mind.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    - Item compare: Ofc i would love to have wow style here where you mouse over quest rewards and get your current equipped one. But not even allowing me to open my Char screen so i can do it manually. I hope its just something that didnt got any attention yet. I dont really want to be forced to look up my armory or remember every stat on all items.
    Not sure what you mean by this, unless you're on a PS3 in which case I haven't played that version. But on the PC version, while you're looking at stuff in your armoury chest you can just press the character tab key (C by default) and it'll open up without closing the inventory.

But yeah, an automatic comparison would've been nice.

hehe I like Thancred.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the answers!
    Most likely going to play a human (Hyur?) just because I haven't played as one for ages, at least when I've had a choice not to. Might still change before release, but we'll see. Now the issue I'm having is that the names I come up with most probably wouldn't fit the medieval Europe naming theme...

Deleted
    Hi I bought the game long time ago but never played it and since I became a invite for beta recently I thought I might try it out.
    So basically after all the download I try to config the game and fail hard... window-mode doesn't allow max resolution and shows windows taskbar what just feels wrong. Fullscreen doesn't even have one viable resolution that does not end in black screen for me... (all the 1920x1080 => black screen, and the others look terrible).
    Is that something you guys "learned to live with" or how do you guys manage it?

Looks interesting, but I honestly wish/hope they don't neglect turn-based combat; not least because live-action hack and slash games are woefully common these days. Hopefully they'll have a release (beyond the highly anticipated FFX remaster) that can do this again.

Deleted
    I have no Problems with the resolutions, don't have a 'black screen' problem either.

What could be a gamebreaker (for me) is the problem with positioning lag in regard to AoEs. Died yesterday in the copperbell mines to a bomber explosion (one hit) where I had left the mark on the ground at least half a second ago. the same with all the frontal cast attacks, It just plain sucks if you move behind the mob and STILL get hit with the ability. You can get out of it, but only if you react really fast.
    In hard endgame encounters, this will not work.

I got my CNJ to 15 and kept getting owned in the Duty quest "To Guard a Guardian", managed the first part by making sure the NPC's kept aggro while I Stone and Aero them. Second part I lived for a couple minutes but then died. Anyone else have luck doing these as CNJ?

Also I started a new class but how do I level since I have done all the low level quests? Do I need to go to another area and quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Inward View Post
    Thanks for the answers!
    Most likely going to play a human (Hyur?) just because I haven't played as one for ages, at least when I've had a choice not to. Might still change before release, but we'll see. Now the issue I'm having is that the names I come up with most probably wouldn't fit the medieval Europe naming theme...
    Give this a whirl, it's pretty good:
    http://www.dungeoneer.com/cgi-bin/dragons/names

Hi I bought the game long time ago but never played it and since I became a invite for beta recently I thought I might try it out.
    So basically after all the download I try to config the game and fail hard... window-mode doesn't allow max resolution and shows windows taskbar what just feels wrong. Fullscreen doesn't even have one viable resolution that does not end in black screen for me... (all the 1920x1080 => black screen, and the others look terrible).
    Bug. My borderless windows mode runs fine, sometimes it refuses to close/start though.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I got my CNJ to 15 and kept getting owned in the Duty quest "To Guard a Guardian", managed the first part by making sure the NPC's kept aggro while I Stone and Aero them. Second part I lived for a couple minutes but then died. Anyone else have luck doing these as CNJ?

Also I started a new class but how do I level since I have done all the low level quests? Do I need to go to another area and quest?
    People in test forum is crying to change this quest (not nerf, but change how it presented). As it is now the best way to get past 2nd part is to not touch the mage then face-tank the boss, pop antidote when got poisoned. Dont bother kiting. Conj got lower dps but can heal through both his auto attack and poison provided you aint wearing lvl 5 gear. As a thauma I burnt through his HP bar before the 2nd poison. First part is comparatively easy if you had any prior MMO/RPG experience so I wont spoil your fun.

If you got time, hop on the test forum and give the devs feed back. I think they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this, unless you're on a PS3 in which case I haven't played that version. But on the PC version, while you're looking at stuff in your armoury chest you can just press the character tab key (C by default) and it'll open up without closing the inventory.

But yeah, an automatic comparison would've been nice.
    I am talking about quest rewards.

The new lalafell I made today

And a pic my perverted friend send me

If you started a new class in the same hometown as your starter (Started CNJ > switched to Archer for example), you're best off completing your hunting log and doing fates along the way. If you start a new class that has a different hometown from your starter (Started CNJ > switched to THM) then you have that whole cities low level quests to do, since you haven't been there yet.

Alternatively, if you really wanted to quest, you could just ignore the hunting log in the CNJ > Archer swap example and just go to another hometown that you haven't been to yet and do all the low level quests. You're gonna reach a point regardless though where you want to level a class with no quests, since you can only do the low level quests in each hometown once.

On another note, I find it a bit odd that I can take Protect as my shared ability... buff it, then swap it to another ability and still keep my Protect buff going. Makes it so I don't need to waste the slot on Protect, and can just keep rebuffing it every half hour by switching the slot back and forth. I don't think this should be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow-Tiger View Post
    If you started a new class in the same hometown as your starter (Started CNJ > switched to Archer for example), you're best off completing your hunting log and doing fates along the way. If you start a new class that has a different hometown from your starter (Started CNJ > switched to THM) then you have that whole cities low level quests to do, since you haven't been there yet.

Alternatively, if you really wanted to quest, you could just ignore the hunting log in the CNJ > Archer swap example and just go to another hometown that you haven't been to yet and do all the low level quests. You're gonna reach a point regardless though where you want to level a class with no quests, since you can only do the low level quests in each hometown once.

On another note, I find it a bit odd that I can take Protect as my shared ability... buff it, then swap it to another ability and still keep my Protect buff going. Makes it so I don't need to waste the slot on Protect, and can just keep rebuffing it every half hour by switching the slot back and forth. I don't think this should be possible.
    Thanks for the info kronpas and Snow-Tiger.

I also died to the level 15 CNJ quest where you gotta kill some raging animals, bloody tear through me like I am wet tissue. My guess I have to balance healing the NPC's and damage the mobs while not taking aggro before they get outta hand.

Oh and I'll have to keep that little trick in mind with the buff, but I am sure they'll fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    Bug. My borderless windows mode runs fine, sometimes it refuses to close/start though.

People in test forum is crying to change this quest (not nerf, but change how it presented). As it is now the best way to get past 2nd part is to not touch the mage then face-tank the boss, pop antidote when got poisoned. Dont bother kiting. Conj got lower dps but can heal through both his auto attack and poison provided you aint wearing lvl 5 gear. As a thauma I burnt through his HP bar before the 2nd poison. First part is comparatively easy if you had any prior MMO/RPG experience so I wont spoil your fun.

If you got time, hop on the test forum and give the devs feed back. I think they need it.
    It's a encounter / set up that can be expected in a FF game (online or not) that in some point you will need support items that cure status alliements. If you didn't know that, well, take it in now as something new you learn every day . Its actually an easy fight. I beat it first try as pug cnj and mar, try using clerics stance if you havn't.

Putting that aside.

I tried looking online, youtube, as someone suggested before. I can't find any storyline/rank in 1.0 (to recap) after Rank 46 "Futures Pefect". If anyone knows about it please let me know.

Deleted
    Yoshi P. posted a pretty long post today about how the thought process was behind deciding what to have and not to have in FF XIV. He adresses why they don't use action combat, for example, or why the game seems so simple in the beginning.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...A-Realm-Reborn

He also mentions that they will tune down the difficulty of the lvl 15 quest in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisu View Post
    It's a encounter / set up that can be expected in a FF game (online or not) that in some point you will need support items that cure status alliements. If you didn't know that, well, take it in now as something new you learn every day . Its actually an easy fight. I beat it first try as pug cnj and mar, try using clerics stance if you havn't.

Putting that aside.

I tried looking online, youtube, as someone suggested before. I can't find any storyline/rank in 1.0 (to recap) after Rank 46 "Futures Pefect". If anyone knows about it please let me know.
    Nah. Its not the items that matter. You misunderstood my idea :\

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I haven't had this problem, but I'm using windowed fullscreen, which is the best of both worlds for me. I get my desktop's resolution, I don't see the taskbar, I can switch to my other screen, and the game runs better.

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 04:13 PM ----------

Also, future perfect was the last quest in the main storyline, except for To kill a Raven, and another one I don't quite remember.

Thanks for the info kronpas and Snow-Tiger.

I also died to the level 15 CNJ quest where you gotta kill some raging animals, bloody tear through me like I am wet tissue. My guess I have to balance healing the NPC's and damage the mobs while not taking aggro before they get outta hand.

Oh and I'll have to keep that little trick in mind with the buff, but I am sure they'll fix it.

you mean the gazelle quest I guess?
    I died the first time as well but i think that one is supposed to make us be the healer seeing where supposed to be a healing class :P
    just fully keep healing the two npc's and only trow the aero dot on the mobs and trow some stones when you have time make sure you equally do both of them tho else when the next wave spawns and one npc will end up with 2 mobs and thats un-healable.