Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I believe they've said POTD will award no XP past lvl 60, so all it'll be good for XP-wise is catchup on alt jobs. Which it does amazingly well, IMO. Personally I won't be taking SAM or RDM in there at launch, I'll bring them up more slowly via HW Beast Tribe dailies and avoid the shitstorm.

We'll get a new Deep Dungeon, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a new Aquapolis or whatever they decide to call it. Dunno if they'll make a new Diadem, but I'm more ambivalent about that.
    I can understand this, especially at launch when they want everyone to level through the new content. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if the new one is 60-70.

For Aquapolis I was pretty satisfied with how they implemented that and I hope they go completely crazy with it. My favorite moments with Aquapolis are the troll moments when you open a door. More things like that and bit more random things that can happen during a floor. Lol maybe also instead of the door failing to open the floor gets destroyed and you fall down to the floor below or... maybe en empty black void with just chests that are all empty.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-06-02 at 01:57 AM.

I'm pretty sure the new DD will be 60-70, they wouldn't wanna obsolete POTD completely, just like all the old dungeons are in the levelling roulette. I like the notion of Aquapolis, I just wish it was a bit more like an 8-man Deep Dungeon than a bonus tacked onto doing Treasure Maps. Perhaps if it was queueable like Diadem, requiring you to have a map to join, but was guaranteed to take you through x number of rooms.

I dunno, I just find trying to organize for content tiresome. It's one of the things I like about 1-100 POTD. I can do it anytime I want, the queue is always short no matter what I want to play, it's never the same thing twice and I'm not tied to a tank or healer to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    so close to chair mount only 46k MGP to go

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Should I even bother getting/upgrading my relic weapon? Or should I just chug along with the story?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Well, PotD is just first part of Deep Dungeon.

GE: Are you planning on using the Deep Dungeon system in Stormblood?

Yoshida: We do have plans to implement the content yes. I’m afraid I can’t tell you what type of content it is. As you traverse through the areas in Stormblood, you’ll notice where this system is going to be implemented so we encourage players to look around when they get a chance.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/12...ood-expansion/
    It's that big ass Jenga tower.....I know it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Should I even bother getting/upgrading my relic weapon? Or should I just chug along with the story?
    Focus on getting thru the story. Relic weapons (Zodiac Brave/Anima) are no longer relevant and you can go back later when you've got down time in Stormblood to work on getting them if you like the look of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Focus on getting thru the story. Relic weapons (Zodiac Brave/Anima) are no longer relevant and you can go back later when you've got down time in Stormblood to work on getting them if you like the look of them.
    Thank you for the quick response.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    To be fair, I feel like they've learned from their past mistakes and will focus on what they know works moving forward. POTD has been very successful for various reasons - and more content that is along the lines of that would be very welcome. Heck, Aquapolis, Diadem and the higher floors of POTD can be very profitable. Much more so than dungeons - which most people are just running for the sake of the tome grind anyway.
    Bleh, if that's the direction the game is headed, I might as well stop playing now.
    Both Aquapolis and PoTD are absolutely no fun at all to me. Doesn't matter whether they are profitable. I'm not s/o you can bribe with rewards if playing the content is not fun and with it's ridiculous punishment for wipes, POTD negates any fun that harder floors might have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen
    To be completely honest too lately I've been feeling really iffy bout Stormblood. I just don't trust the development team as I used to what with some of the controversial class changes to the data center debacle and then to the non stop additions to the mog station to now this. Hopefully they prove me wrong.
    I share the sentiment. Usually I am excited for an MMO addon release, this time around it's more of a "okaay... I'm worried that the game I like to play is going away" feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Bleh, if that's the direction the game is headed, I might as well stop playing now.
    Both Aquapolis and PoTD are absolutely no fun at all to me. Doesn't matter whether they are profitable. I'm not s/o you can bribe with rewards if playing the content is not fun and with it's ridiculous punishment for wipes, POTD negates any fun that harder floors might have.
    Is it the randomness and/or role-less nature of POTD that bugs you? I can understand that, even if for me those are the things that draw me to it. Aquapolis turns me off because there's RNG to get in and RNG to proceed in it on top of requiring you to organize in order to do it. Diadem is basically just queueing up to FATE-grind. If it served more of a general purpose I might do it more, but being locked into needing roles to do it turns me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's that big ass Jenga tower.....I know it!
    Floor changes based on what blocks get pulled out. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    No, it's actually Darm Tower. We'll have to fight Dark Fact at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Is it the randomness and/or role-less nature of POTD that bugs you? I can understand that, even if for me those are the things that draw me to it. Aquapolis turns me off because there's RNG to get in and RNG to proceed in it on top of requiring you to organize in order to do it. Diadem is basically just queueing up to FATE-grind. If it served more of a general purpose I might do it more, but being locked into needing roles to do it turns me off.
    See I love the RNG trollfest that is Aquapolis. I'd love if it they just go completely crazy with it.

.....I want this.

I share the sentiment. Usually I am excited for an MMO addon release, this time around it's more of a "okaay... I'm worried that the game I like to play is going away" feeling.
    I'll still play as I enjoy the story but my worry is it'll end up what basically WoW is to me now. Resub once every six months or so and catch up on the content and then drop it again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Early Access Details

Just like with Heavensward, there's going to be a maintenance before EA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I took Saturday and Sunday off in addition to my usual Monday and Tuesday off days. I'll just play here and there on the first day after work unless our good friend Error comes back to say "Hi!"

Going to focus on MNK as its my main job and then I'll follow through with DRG, MCH, and then SAM with the new leveling PVP a bit later.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Have taken off Thursday and Friday the week of official release (although I have already pre-ordered and thus gained early access) and I might take Monday and Tuesday off the following as well.

I am personally hyped about the "Minor Arcana" (Lady/Lord of Crowns; 500 Cure potency/300 Unaspected damage potency) spell, finally something to mill Spire/Spear with.
    Nevertheless, I think I am going the Red Mage path, as you all know, being a healer is a t(h)ankless job and the fact you deal more damage than the DPS during downtime (well, mix of HoTs and DPS due to enmity gain, as I don't use ACT (no idea how to install it either)) and still manage to heal endless 60 dungeons and A1S'.

Who else will be scrapping their finished anima for an easy way out for the new relic (for RDM)? I know I will 50% be likely to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: Not to bug you, Yoshida. But I'm a big fan of FFXII's Fran. The Viera race was considered for Heavensward but never included and Stormblood marks the second time they've been left out. Should I give up hope?

A: I don't think you should give up hope. I mean we're hoping Final Fantasy XIV will have a very long lifespan. With that being said. Fran and the Viera race have a very high heel and trying to depict that in Final Fantasy XIV is challenging. They won't be able to wear any shoes that exist in Eorzea right now.

https://www.finder.com.au/final-fant...ormblood-viera

Bunny people are the "subs dropped trump card" they can pull out in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Bunny people are the "subs dropped trump card" they can pull out in the future.
    I'd rather Bangaa. Though I do know the day that Viera are implemented is the day lady cats die out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I'd rather Bangaa. Though I do know the day that Viera are implemented is the day lady cats die out.
    The battle for supremacy begins!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I can just sit there with Fantasia in hand; "Au Ra? Miqo'te? Viera?"