15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Really? I've watched bunch of videos and only seen job gauge with no other indicator (buff bar).

Guess they simply weren't patched in or is an toggle option that was turned off?
    Any buff that was originally visible on the buff bar (aetherflow etc) will still be there. Idk about things like the lilies, and faerie power but I remember Yoshi-P saying that you could play just fine without the job gauges.

I'm not going to DPS if I'm healing unless I'm so overgeared for that content that it's child's play for me. I've never heard anyone in any MMO in the 12 years I've been playing MMOs complain about healers not DPSing until I got into FF14. It's ridiculous. A healer heals, it should not be expected for them to also DPS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I'm not going to DPS if I'm healing unless I'm so overgeared for that content that it's child's play for me. I've never heard anyone in any MMO in the 12 years I've been playing MMOs complain about healers not DPSing until I got into FF14. It's ridiculous. A healer heals, it should not be expected for them to also DPS.
    I only expect people to be doing something, instead of standing around doing nothing. FFXIV doesn't have much healing intensive fights, so if no one requires healing then you should be dpsing. Simple as that IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Any buff that was originally visible on the buff bar (aetherflow etc) will still be there. Idk about things like the lilies, and faerie power but I remember Yoshi-P saying that you could play just fine without the job gauges.
    Mm.. yeah, tho - more of meant stuff like DRK's "Blood Gauge".

FFXIV isn't like other MMO's in the sense that healing isn't as intensive. As others have said, if the incoming damage isn't high enough to require constant tending, are you just going to stand around when you could instead actually be putting out significant dps?

If nothing else remember the low level conjurer class quests with Sylphie... you can't "just heal." Those dps spells are supposed to be used too. If you're just standing around while hots or a fairy take care of everything, then you're making your dungeon take longer than it needs to. Toss a few stone/ruin/malefic spells when you don't need to heal. No one's asking healers to do crazy dps, just do something useful other than /dance when healing isn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You know it's cast times are going away right? Both BRDs and MCHs.
    I didn't enjoy MCH either, with its ammo mechanic and fiddly 'maaaybe you get a proc, maaaybe you don't' combo system. BRD is 10 times as fun, IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    The static i found already disbanded. Now I'm sad and i dunno what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The static i found already disbanded. Now I'm sad and i dunno what to do
    Welcome to my world.

I mean...I'm sorry, I know how you feel.

I played ff14 with release and it felt so slow compared to others mmo.. someone said its because of the 2 sec gcd or something.

Did stuff change over the years?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I played ff14 with release and it felt so slow compared to others mmo.. someone said its because of the 2 sec gcd or something.

Did stuff change over the years?
    no.

The low level in ffxiv is terrible.

You get more dynamic gameplay once high level because of a lot of off gcd abilities.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I didn't enjoy MCH either, with its ammo mechanic and fiddly 'maaaybe you get a proc, maaaybe you don't' combo system. BRD is 10 times as fun, IMO.
    Mmm yes. MCH has been my main for a while now. Ammo is okay but the RNG system can be really annoying at times. The RNG is probably there because your abilities have instant casts if they proc but that's going away in SB... also would be cool if things like hotshot didn't use up ammo. I also would have liked it if they just had one turret and you just switched modes with a button.

Part of me wished I could just hide them completely, but based on what I've seen, gauge is only way to see those resources.

So I'm all for simplified versions.
    Agreed. My only real issue with it at the moment is really the art. Yes it's pretty but some some of them have more backdrop art than the gauges themselves. A good (bad) example is the PLD one. I wish it was more similar to the WAR one were its a bit more subdued were the only real art I believe is some tiny weapons on the side.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-06-13 at 10:46 PM.

Welp, my PS4 updated and now its saying "Stormblood Pre-order: release in 48 hours, expected auto download begins in 15 minutes"

OH BOY HERE WE GO.

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak1066 View Post
    Go to a sports event and bash the local team, your going to be leaving wearing a dozen beers.
    Out right attacking will, sure. Saying something like "Tom Brady should have been benched because of... [reasons]" is probably going to start a discussion rather than a fight while everyone channels their inner Coach to tell you why you're right/wrong/somewhere in between. Sports fans, in my experience, tend to be more open to criticism of their teams performance rather than react with hostility, especially if you can back up your opinion with facts and examples.

Gamers on the other hand take critique like "The inventory could be done better because of...[reasons]" as a threat to the game they're playing and will actively seek to shut down any discussion - Usually by resorting to "If you don't like it exactly as it is go back to WoW!" defence. People need to realise that most criticism comes from the desire to see the game improve, not to tear it down.

Deleted
    Its not like other mmos though. I guess tanks should just spam their aggro generating combo as well and just use defensive cds and not care about their dps rotation?

I just had a dungeon group for Sohm Al fall apart because I didn't have protect as an AST, since in a few days I won't need to level another class to get it. Is the dungeon really that hard that you can't do it without protect?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

normal or hard? because honestly if the tanks new the levelling version can be kind of a bitch, pretty much the last challenging trash dungeon for the expansion really.

No, it's not, but at the same time, Protect is a level 8(?) CNJ spell. It would take you maybe 30 mins tops to get it.

That being said...that's a silly reaction by those others, given what you've stated here.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I just had a dungeon group for Sohm Al fall apart because I didn't have protect as an AST, since in a few days I won't need to level another class to get it. Is the dungeon really that hard that you can't do it without protect?
    No. Protect is about 5% dmg reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Welp, my PS4 updated and now its saying "Stormblood Pre-order: release in 48 hours, expected auto download begins in 15 minutes"

OH BOY HERE WE GO.
    I ain't got no Auto-Download. The preorder theme auto downloaded and that was it.

Still can't use the theme till Friday though.