Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Why's everyone saying this. I don't see how they got destroyed. They are the same strong healer as always but with lilies
    I was just joking .

Actually since the patch notes came out for the launch build its quickly switching to "FFS YOSHI WHY IS SCHOLAR THE WORST NOW??" online. DPS and fairy nerfs means scholars have to actually heal in dungeons and thats too much work
    OH NOEEES. My friend is going to off him self when he sees this. Yes he afks all the time in dungeons to the point when I meet with him I just want to falcon punch him.

Why's everyone saying this. I don't see how they got destroyed. They are the same strong healer as always but with lilies
    To borrow from what Yoshida said at E3 about WHM: "Y'all need to calm down".

Not aiming that at you, specifically. Unless you're gonna be going for bleeding edge world first Omega clears, I wouldn't worry about all the negativity swirling around WHM currently (and I say that as someone who's been boggled by the lily mechanism and it's corresponding this entire time...I simply want to try it out first before damning it).

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Actually since the patch notes came out for the launch build its quickly switching to "FFS YOSHI WHY IS SCHOLAR THE WORST NOW??" online. DPS and fairy nerfs means scholars have to actually heal in dungeons and thats too much work
    Like nobody has seen the changes in action get at level 70

How ignorant are people
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

But healers are supposed to - oh no, not that rabbit hole again. It's a trap!

Also finally
    Finally

Cleric stance is dead

ahahahaha

PS4 theme is live, its a bunch of chibi version of the characters chasing the otter.

- - - Updated - - -

Like nobody has seen the changes in action get at level 70

How ignorant are people
    With mmos you would be surprised. The fact that we are all posting on an mmo forum is a level of interaction with the medium above the general consumer. Back in my WoW days it was quite common on the launch of a new expansion to run into people who didn't know what blizzcon was or that a new expansion launched.

I remember rolling the first DK on my server in wrath when everyone was busy heading off to northrend and some rando accused me of "being a hacker" because "there are no death knights in WoW" because they hadnt heard of wrath existing let alone releasing yet.

I would imagine a solid 30% of any mmo userbase doesnt look up anything for the game ever after seeing an advert that sells them on the initial purchase. Those folks dont min max, dont look into how a game works and so on. Thats not me shitting on them or being an elitist these are the actual casuals developers talk about, not the ones most hardcore 'heavy user consumers' think of.

PS4 theme is live, its a bunch of chibi version of the characters chasing the otter.

- - - Updated - - -

With mmos you would be surprised. The fact that we are all posting on an mmo forum is a level of interaction with the medium above the general consumer. Back in my WoW days it was quite common on the launch of a new expansion to run into people who didn't know what blizzcon was or that a new expansion launched.

I remember rolling the first DK on my server in wrath when everyone was busy heading off to northrend and some rando accused me of "being a hacker" because "there are no death knights in WoW" because they hadnt heard of wrath existing let alone releasing yet.

I would imagine a solid 30% of any mmo userbase doesnt look up anything for the game ever after seeing an advert that sells them on the initial purchase. Those folks dont min max, dont look into how a game works and so on. Thats not me shitting on them or being an elitist these are the actual casuals developers talk about, not the ones most hardcore 'heavy user consumers' think of.
    I always question how these people function. Not to be mean but they always showcase the newest expansion either in the old WoW launcher or the new Bnet client. The same really goes for FFXIV as its all over the launcher. Heck the login screen changes and has the name of it rofl. You'd... really have to be blind and willfully ignorant to not see it.

Maybe its one of those questions like "whats our place in the universe" that has troubled humanity since ages past.

WHM will be perfectly viable for healing any and all content in Stormblood. The issue really boils down to desirability in 8 man content. For balance reasons all healing classes must be capable of healing all content. That being the case, static groups are going to look at what else the healers bring to the table. AST brings a periodic 20% damage buff to the entire 8 man. SCH brings a periodic 20% crit buff for the entire 8 man against the boss. WHM brings... more healing than necessary and not much else.

Adding rng mechanics such as confession and lilies just exacerbates the situation.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2017-06-16 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Adding rng mechanics such as confession and lilies just exacerbates the situation.
    The other complaint is that some things that only WHM got, like the Presence of Mind buff, are now things all healers can do, which undercuts what made them special and replaces it with a mechanic that, as described, seems underwhelming compared to the utility abilities the others get.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    WHM will be perfectly viable for healing any and all content in Stormblood. The issue really boils down to desirability in 8 man content. For balance reasons all healing classes must be capable of healing all content. That being the case, static groups are going to look at what else the healers bring to the table. AST brings a periodic 20% damage buff to the entire 8 man. SCH brings a periodic 20% crit buff for the entire 8 man against the boss. WHM brings... more healing than necessary and not much else.

we don't really know how that will turn out in practice though, we only got the paper spread on it. AST damage buff is RNG dependent too

I just got back into FFXIV not long ago. and this WHM Viable discussion i'd like to chime in (since i'm a pld tank primary). Considering the new higher item level and much larger health pools. having a WHM who primary driver is that extra bump in healing may actually come in handy in the long run. Yes the other healers offer some party buffs... but we maybe getting into a situation that WHM may be the best healers in many 8 man groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    snip

With the 'x studios releasing games' and only 4 weeks in a month sounds good; its too general. We are speaking of direct major competitors such as SWtOR and FFXIV, and in the past Rift. It isn't every title, nor every genre. It would be things considered 'threats' to stability and concerns of subsections of migration.

It actually affects me very little, as much as I initially enjoyed Legion, just as I did WoD and Mists ... I burned out super fast; most of the reasons for the burnout is my fault, but I will put marks against them for how they deal with class changes, redesigns etc for pushing me away from pretty much every play style I enjoyed in the specs I loved to log in and play.

And to some extent, a counter argument could be made about the really long last tiers being an example where they just drop the ball and have nothing to provide a distraction to the competition. But I still think they will, if the content they were working on is near ready, hasten or postpone a release to coincide with the competitor, because it is a smart business decision in the big picture.

Don't take my statements personal, I'm bored as hell, its warm and the house doesn't have A/C ... so just being a bit passive aggressive but not trying to be combative

I see your point about some improvements in the car section; but its not leaps and bounds. They civic hybrid isn't going from 48/47 to 60 while also gaining 50+ hp; it is minute changes, in the less than 10% range, hell they dropped the hybrid civic altogether. The 97 and 17 accord has two decades of improvements; surely you can tell MMOs have seen similar bounds in the past 15 years from pre-WoW EQ, to what WoW did, then to the stuff others made standard today like Rift with AoE looting as one small example, but there are many things that started outside of WoW that WoW has adopted. It is the borg, it assimilates a lot of QoL things, which is great for WoW players, who may never know that a lot of these things came from the competition. MMOs have greatly evolved tbh; in some ways for the worse, but mostly for the good. I just don't buy into the 'clone' wars people spout, nor think any new title needs to be the killer of an older one.

The 17 Type R is the type of innovation I'm talking about. Over 300 hp fwd car with a nice low end torque curve with virtually no torque steer. The ability to have a comfortable street ride setting and a planted track setting. The difference between the Si and the Type R is the type of leaps and bounds that has an actual impact. Same would go if the prius instead of getting 58 mpg in 2017 models, versus 50 in 2007, was getting 80 or 90. The tech is better, but its acceleration isn't really a vast improvement, nor is its efficiency.

Still bored waiting for the morning to get SB going
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

So I was logged in when the servers went down... This is my first patch so I had no idea of the "character unavailable" thing but I read about it on Reddit. Am I going to be SoL? Not that it really matters, I still have 40 or so quests before I can even start HW content but I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadian View Post
    I just got back into FFXIV not long ago. and this WHM Viable discussion i'd like to chime in (since i'm a pld tank primary). Considering the new higher item level and much larger health pools. having a WHM who primary driver is that extra bump in healing may actually come in handy in the long run. Yes the other healers offer some party buffs... but we maybe getting into a situation that WHM may be the best healers in many 8 man groups.
    We don't know how fight mechanics will go, so it may be a case of needing to heal more, but based on past fight mechanics, how you generally heal(hard heals on the tank and HoT on everyone else)isn't conducive to getting the procs for these new mechanics and making them a worthwhile addition, since the AoE heal only applies to people who have the proc'ed buff on them, triggered by the hard heals, and that buff only lasts for I think 30s?

Time will tell, of course, but based on past experience with how WHM healing goes in existing content, it doesn't seem like a very good addition to their kit.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    We don't know how fight mechanics will go, so it may be a case of needing to heal more, but based on past fight mechanics, how you generally heal(hard heals on the tank and HoT on everyone else)isn't conducive to getting the procs for these new mechanics and making them a worthwhile addition, since the AoE heal only applies to people who have the proc'ed buff on them, triggered by the hard heals, and that buff only lasts for I think 30s?

Time will tell, of course, but based on past experience with how WHM healing goes in existing content, it doesn't seem like a very good addition to their kit.
    Maybe they are trying to coax the playstyle of using your cures more, who knows. I understand the fact it is efficient to allow the hot to tick and do the healing. It is something you have to train yourself in if you've played WoW whack-a-mole in the past ... hell druids ended up with massive overheals because their hots would be continuously sniped years ago.

Its 100% proc on cure 2, so maybe make it 100% on medica 2 and cure 3 to give it spread potential as well, could throw in assize since its on a long cd. Maybe also a 10% on hot ticks.

I still think the concern is overrated and mostly affects the cutting edge players (90+ percentile), and doesn't filter down so much to the say, 80 percentile and below nearly at all. Instead of focusing the feedback so heavily on raid potential, maybe push a bit of 'fun and engaging play' angle more onto the devs. I think that would hold more weight to them, as that is what I'd have more concern over. If it is either too ethereal to notice, or to bothersome to manage, then its a failed design regardless of raid potential. It should've been more than putting a buff timer on a target and watching some flowers grow to reduce cooldowns.

Though we are evaluating it all in a vacuum, without the level 70 experience. Maybe it all works out and feels better then, but I'm skeptical. I just don't want to really play a pet class healer, but love the shields/shield procs. I don't want to fool around with the rng of the card system, but think the idea of smart buffing the raid is a good mechanic. Pure healing is fine imo and I think if approached right, they could make it work, but maybe in the idea of being a serious support in healing downtime. Give them powerful mitigation tools to help with tank buster mechanics or for allowing a dps to absorb a mechanic to turret; maybe a special way to buff DB for this purpose. Since AST has damage and SCH has crit, give WHM a raid wide haste buff that can apply, maybe work it in with using an aoe heal to give a confession stack, then when you activate PI it gives the haste buff, 20% regardless of number of stacks. Give the 'life grip' ability give both the whm and the target a movement speed buff ... or make PI or Assize give one.

Basically, add the utility into the WHM toolkit, to where you want them to focus mostly on healing and buffing the party, rather than dps, and in all but bleeding edge content pushes, or maybe even for them, it would be a viable alternative and you could choose any pair of the three healers and have fun/get the job done just fine, while hushing the critics who just think 'you should play other healer cuz I said its more fun, you wrong if disagree'.

Another option, would be make cure 1 have a 1 or 1.5 sec cd/recast/gcd, so it is more easily spammed to spread the stacks and keep the confession stacks active. Encourage using it if the person's hp is at the right deficit instead of a hot that will waste a portion of its ticks and therefore mana.

There has to be some way to approach it to do what they claim they want it to do and make it more engaging and considered an asset to those who think they need the 95 percentile meta to play at the 50 percentile level.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

I personally feel like it should proc from any heal you cast, including HoT ticks, OR be an AoE heal regardless of whether a target has stacks or not. Then they can either easily get procs on everyone with Medica II/Regen and make their heals more efficient/have more emergency heal thanks to the extra AoE heal, or be able to build the stacks on the tank and burn them as needed for emergencies/to conserve mana instead of trying to get them on everyone.

Job guides are up now. By "guide", they're simply directories of the abilities you obtain and any changes they incur with 4.0.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Job guides are up now. By "guide", they're simply directories of the abilities you obtain and any changes they incur with 4.0.
    I am excited to summon exodia with sleeve draw.

Deleted
    MCH looks amazing, i'm looking forward to this