Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I m not trying to sing and dance it away. I m saying stuff like that tends to happen. What I said is that I find people canceling their preorders, unsubbing and threatening to completely changes gaming genres over 2 days of issues on the expansions release day is at the very least leaning towards being overkill.
    Didn't say I'd change genres. I said I'd change to a model where I'm not throwing down a monthly fee. F2P MMOs or B2P ones. I said I was pissed because FF is in my top 3 RPG franchises and it saddens me.

At this point I'm considering sticking to F2P MMOs or starting a PS Plus sub to play some other online games. I'm not sure yet. Right now I don't feel I got my £36.99s worth.

My exact words. And by online I still mean MMOs such as ESO or Destiny. Should have worded it better in my defence.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-18 at 01:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Its just weird after Heavensward. I get that Stormblood probably has way more people but they did recently upgrade their servers. Its just weird is all after one of the smoothest launches I've seen for an MMO.

Basically this. I was going to farm the dungeons on my PLD while I wait for this to be fixed but bam my character is stuck in limbo now.
    I think the new servers are a big part actually. Who knows how well the new ones are handling the stress. They are probably untested outside of simulations and I would not be surprised if more then a few cropped out

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I m not trying to sing and dance it away. I m saying stuff like that tends to happen. What I said is that I find people canceling their preorders, unsubbing and threatening to completely changes gaming genres over 2 days of issues on the expansions release day is at the very least leaning towards being overkill.
    I don't think it is overkill anymore. Not in this era of gaming. I think companies need to be taken to task and held accountable for failed launches, disasters of expansions and so on. A prime example. Remember the MMO Vanguard? Put out that launch today and they'd get roasted alive. My biggest gripe with Sony however is that some of this EXACT shit happened when ARR launched. You'd think after multiple years they'd figure out how to judge their popularity (even easier with pre-orders) and be ready to deal with their servers taking a crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Oh I remember it it was insane of your rig wasn't top of the line..also probably varied by server on mine ot was insane and we had regular zone crashes numerous times from sheer number of players
    That is quite possible, then okay remove TBC from the list haha. All I was trying to say is that there have been SOME launches of expansions, new games in the MMO genre that HAVE gone okay. It is pretty rare for sure but I think most companies get around that now by launching games in "Open Beta" so they work on it as they see shit breaking.

Holy crap man did SE kill your dog and unleash a bioflavonoid linked to your families bloodline because GODDAMN are you going overkill
    Actually, no, if that's how he feels, that is exactly the kind of response he should make. SE will not care as long as people complain and take zero action. I don't agree with his choice, but I do think if you're going to do something that matters, that is it.

I personally feel things seem worse than they really are, but I sympathize with those who see otherwise, cos I feel annoyed with the issues myself, especially the game breaking character one. But I'll keep playing because I do enjoy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even then, it raises question why is "only" NA servers being in trouble here. Is the population difference that great, even tho there's two data centers vs one?

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Even then, it raises question why is "only" NA servers being in trouble here. Is the population difference that great, even tho there's two data centers vs one?
    I'm quite curious myself. If NA servers are mostly the ones in the shitter what happened. I'd just love some communication on the issue about what is going wrong and when it will get addressed. I'm tired of hearing apologies as if that is okay.

I'd imagine so. I remember NA having really really high pop servers. Balmung, Gilgamesh and Hyperion spring immediately to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Sure eventually it'll pass and things go back to normal but I wonder if this did some long term damage to the game. People are cancelling pre-purchases, asking for refunds and giving negative attention to the game via word of mouth. If my friends asked me how FFXIV is doing I'd tell them save their money and do something else.
    Sadly it is true buuut thing is THIS HAPPENS the world is not ending and be patient. Yoshi P has so far done right by the players and I would not be surprised if he is working beyond Japanese overtime to set it right.

They also may not even fully know wtf is going on and want to figure it out with a solution before going full PR.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Actually, no, if that's how he feels, that is exactly the kind of response he should make. SE will not care as long as people complain and take zero action. I don't agree with his choice, but I do think if you're going to do something that matters, that is it.

I personally feel things seem worse than they really are, but I sympathize with those who see otherwise, cos I feel annoyed with the issues myself, especially the game breaking character one. But I'll keep playing because I do enjoy the game.
    Yeah I mean speaking with your wallet is one of the major things a consumer can do. Talking shit about them but continuing to give them your money really doesn't do anything. I do think it is a bit overkill to go to as many news sites as possible to try and badmouth it but maybe it'll get companies to be more accountable for this type of junk.

Wait are EU servers fine? I thought everything was borked. I'm actually curious about the JP ones too.

Deleted
    Maybe my experiences differ than the rest but the only issues I ve had is one dc in pvp where I got back in after 5-10 mins and then not being able to go through raubauns quest on day 1 but today it was ok. Phoenix EU btw which is a fairly big server. Not the biggest but it had a small queue all throughout HW

Sad that its happening again tonight, couldnt continue my story quest yesterday, everytime I try to start the duty it crash my game, and its doing that again tonight, going back to the queue.. work 12h all day, cant play in the evening. It sucks but oh well, hope they fix this soon..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it is overkill anymore. Not in this era of gaming. I think companies need to be taken to task and held accountable for failed launches, disasters of expansions and so on. A prime example. Remember the MMO Vanguard? Put out that launch today and they'd get roasted alive. My biggest gripe with Sony however is that some of this EXACT shit happened when ARR launched. You'd think after multiple years they'd figure out how to judge their popularity (even easier with pre-orders) and be ready to deal with their servers taking a crap.

- - - Updated - - -

That is quite possible, then okay remove TBC from the list haha. All I was trying to say is that there have been SOME launches of expansions, new games in the MMO genre that HAVE gone okay. It is pretty rare for sure but I think most companies get around that now by launching games in "Open Beta" so they work on it as they see shit breaking.
    Yeah I will give you alot of that but as I just said overall I feel yoshi has done right by us and I am ok(somewhat) with waiting.

Sadly it is true buuut thing is THIS HAPPENS the world is not ending and be patient. Yoshi P has so far done right by the players and I would not be surprised if he is working beyond Japanese overtime to set it right.

They also may not even fully know wtf is going on and want to figure it out with a solution before going full PR.
    I mean you may feel he has done right by the players but I sure as fuck don't. An apology alone does not make it right. We've heard jack shit all day about what is going on and when we can expect a fix. They can even admit to us "We're not sure what is causing this issue right now." But just blanket apologies doesn't appease this consumer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite curious myself. If NA servers are mostly the ones in the shitter what happened. I'd just love some communication on the issue about what is going wrong and when it will get addressed. I'm tired of hearing apologies as if that is okay.
    Again new servers AND a server move to a new location? ALONG with the MASSIVE influx? Holy crap actually ALOT could be going wrong so much they may be trying to troubleshoot right now but need to test more possibilities then we think

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Wait are EU servers fine? I thought everything was borked. I'm actually curious about the JP ones too.
    I played all day on EU just fine, there was only 2 people sitting at first instanced MSQ (currently doing it) when I ran past it.

Only major issue is having 3-4 hours queue to get into server, and randomly cutscenes won't start, but that's easily fixed. Walked through door, got into empty room with Quest objective "talk to.." and there was nobody in - left the place, re-entered and cutscene started normally.

Yeah I will give you alot of that but as I just said overall I feel yoshi has done right by us and I am ok(somewhat) with waiting.
    I mean I just remember much of this stuff happening when ARR came out. It feels like they haven't updated servers or fixed the issues from years ago so they came back when an influx of people returned to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Again new servers AND a server move to a new location? ALONG with the MASSIVE influx? Holy crap actually ALOT could be going wrong so much they may be trying to troubleshoot right now but need to test more possibilities then we think
    I give you that, it is quite possible they don't know what is going on, but they need to say SOMETHING more than "we're sorry"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on JP server Tonberry, and the queue times is around 3-4k plus around peak hour. It will take awhile to get in but once in-game i had no problem whatsoever with the character while playing.
    Tonberry one of the highest pop server around if im not mistaken. Got my samurai up to lvl 54 and my main scholar to 61 from MSQ quests only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'd imagine so. I remember NA having really really high pop servers. Balmung, Gilgamesh and Hyperion spring immediately to mind.
    At least two om the same datacenter(the one I am.on sadly)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    At this point I'm considering sticking to F2P MMOs or starting a PS Plus sub to play some other online games. I'm not sure yet. Right now I don't feel I got my £36.99s worth.
    F2P Games on PS4 do not require PS+.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD