You guys have bad luck. I've repeat run Omega regularly and had smooth clears. Sometimes takes a little longer, but smooth none the less.

Then again, I'm not watching DPS meters to piss myself off either.

Just need 1 leg token from normal to go, seen it drop 12 times today, my highest roll of the lot was a 27 -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Woop, I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I get why they have that loot system in place, but I still hate it.

On the enrage part, I've (thankfully) never encountered such a thing in Omega normal.
    I don't mind Savages loot system (I don't care for the lockout of OTHER people personally, but the other piece is ok). I really get annoyed by normals though. It sounds stupid, but I almost wish they had tokens from normal that could be turned in for tokens.... god that sounds stupid.

But honestly, having to run a normal raid 10+ times a week if you get shit RNG isn't fun. With something like the Primal's it's like a one and done and not over the course of a month minimum.

I'm 100% open to any ideas anyone has to improve normal raiding loot acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    You guys have bad luck. I've repeat run Omega regularly and had smooth clears. Sometimes takes a little longer, but smooth none the less.

1) Humor me and define the term smooth in the context of normal mode raiding. Is it # of deaths? Is it strictly wiping? Is there a different metric worth analyzing? I mean this genuinely as I am curious.

2) I don't look at the parser while I am mid-pull unless O2S has me doing backflips in the air for like 25s, or 04N did decisive battle and I have to sit around waiting for 10s for him to come back. I also don't get pissed off about peoples numbers. No where in my post did I convey anger as best I can tell. Disbelief for sure, Frustration? maybe, Sadness? possibly, but no anger.

I know you think I'm just some DPS > all !11!!!!1! monkey, but I'm a TINY bit deeper than that bud. I have feelings too!

Alternatively, re-reading your post it could be implied I misunderstood what you're saying and you're saying that YOU would be angry if you were running ACT and saw stuff like I posted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Woop, I did it.
    \o/ Lightning pony club

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I don't mind Savages loot system (I don't care for the lockout of OTHER people personally, but the other piece is ok). I really get annoyed by normals though. It sounds stupid, but I almost wish they had tokens from normal that could be turned in for tokens.... god that sounds stupid.

But honestly, having to run a normal raid 10+ times a week if you get shit RNG isn't fun. With something like the Primal's it's like a one and done and not over the course of a month minimum.

I'm 100% open to any ideas anyone has to improve normal raiding loot acquisition.
    If you're running savage, aren't you kind of not needing the normal gear to begin with? Isn't normal raiding meant more for people who are doing progression on a lower level? Ergo, the loot system being akin to the same style for players working on gearing up in a weekly progression model on a lower difficulty? Between tomestones and Omega drops, that's the non-savage progression model.

I thought savage raiders would do savage/tomestone as their progression path. Is there a need for savage raiders to supplement with normal Omega gear?

1) Humor me and define the term smooth in the context of normal mode raiding. Is it # of deaths? Is it strictly wiping? Is there a different metric worth analyzing? I mean this genuinely as I am curious.
    No wipes, not much struggling, maybe a brez or two during the fight, but not enough to cause a strain on things almost falling apart. Not many party members eating too many avoidable mechanics. Or if there's a wipe, the following attempt goes through without a death after an explanation of what people missed.

I also don't get pissed off about peoples numbers. No where in my post did I convey anger as best I can tell. Disbelief for sure, Frustration? maybe, Sadness? possibly, but no anger.

I know you think I'm just some DPS > all !11!!!!1! monkey, but I'm a TINY bit deeper than that bud. I have feelings too!

Alternatively, re-reading your post it could be implied I misunderstood what you're saying and you're saying that YOU would be angry if you were running ACT and saw stuff like I posted.
    Second interpretation is correct:

If I had the DPS meter up and saw just how low everyone was it would frustrate me during the fight and more likely annoy me to the point of getting more pissy as a result of it. Even going back and reviewing the numbers of people I've never played with and likely will never play with again is just an exercise in frustration.

I can feel when a boss is going down slower than usual, but it doesn't bother me much. Seeing it in addition to feeling it? Ignorance is bliss.

Since I'm only doing normal Omega and such, and I'm not getting struggling groups, it doesn't register to me. Yet when I do get a struggling group (going back through HW/ARR content for reference)? I'll be the last person to vote dismiss 9.5 times out of 10. I prefer trying to get a rag tag group of random people through for a victory, even if I'm wasting a good chunk of my time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    \o/ Lightning pony club
    *sheepishly rides up on his Ramuh pony instead* =3
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-08-04 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have Ramuh pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I don't have Ramuh pony.
    I still need Levi to have all the ponies. I don't have a birb yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still need Levi to have all the ponies. I don't have a birb yet.
    I need Ramuh and Shiva ponies, only have Ravana and Bismarck birds - seen couple SB mounts dropping, but haven't won any.

15+ Year Old Account
    *hisses out of jealousy* Only ponies I have are Levi and Shiva QQ

They don't piss me off so much, if at all, really. It's merely a tool I run for my own info. I've used it as reason to duck out of groups where I know good and well there's no hope at clearing, such as a Susy EX "farm" group I ended up in with another BLM that was doing ~1.2k; for reference, I'm anywhere from 3.2-3.3 (if I get targeted by gaol and several bubble dice, among other mechanics) to 3.8-4k (if the stars align and I get no mechanics thrown at me). To do a third of that...yeah, no. Even our tanks and one healer were ahead of them. Instead of raging at them in the chat, I simply drop group soon as we wiped and look for another group.

What we are seeing, though, is the age-old adage of how it's always the bad/awful runs that stick out in mind. I personally try to balance that out by remembering all the really good runs I've had, especially this week with Susy EX; had one group where every dps was over 3.3k...add a warrior in the mix sitting at 3k on the dot and we had the boss dead before second gaol could even happen. Shit was nuts.

Sometimes a short memory is a valuable asset.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean, say, totems that could be exchanged for specific parts? Borders on being a Xzhibit meme, but yeah, something like that could work, but it would be more currency piled into our inventories. It would be one form of annoying for another, but I'd much rather deal with the inventory management shuffle than the "ffs why can't I roll higher than shit on a shaft/spring/etc.?" and thus running the same boss oodles of times.

Kinda ironic I would say that, given that I've been running Susy EX now for most of the past 2 weeks, but at least I'm guaranteed a weapon every 10 kills there.

If you're running savage, aren't you kind of not needing the normal gear to begin with? Isn't normal raiding meant more for people who are doing progression on a lower level? Ergo, the loot system being akin to the same style for players working on gearing up in a weekly progression model on a lower difficulty? Between tomestones and Omega drops, that's the non-savage progression model.

I thought savage raiders would do savage/tomestone as their progression path. Is there a need for savage raiders to supplement with normal Omega gear?
    Average Savage players still need max normal gear before they catch up with creation gear. If I was cutting edge hardcore raiding, I'd have crafted 320 gear and not have needed normal (#broke). Most people would have been done by now, but as I said, I take whatever I can get, so it set me a little behind.

No wipes, not much struggling, maybe a brez or two during the fight, but not enough to cause a strain on things almost falling apart. Not many party members eating too many avoidable mechanics. Or if there's a wipe, the following attempt goes through without a death after an explanation of what people missed.
    Fair enough - good enough for me. Mines hardly different.

Second interpretation is correct: If I had the DPS meter up and saw just how low everyone was it would frustrate me during the fight and more likely annoy me to the point of getting more pissy as a result of it. Even going back and reviewing the numbers of people I've never played with and likely will never play with again is just an exercise in frustration.

I can feel when a boss is going down slower than usual, but it doesn't bother me much. Seeing it in addition to feeling it? Ignorance is bliss.
    I tend not to notice it as much, like yeah it feels slower, but does it feel 25% slower? aka 2.5 minutes longer than it really should? Really hard to quantify that in my head. Like when the fight was over and I looked, my jaw dropped. I said wow that was 10 minutes, that's ridiculous lol.

Since I'm only doing normal Omega and such, and I'm not getting struggling groups, it doesn't register to me. Yet when I do get a struggling group (going back through HW/ARR content for reference)? I'll be the last person to vote dismiss 9.5 times out of 10. I prefer trying to get a rag tag group of random people through for a victory, even if I'm wasting a good chunk of my time.
    Even in the 10 minute group I wouldn't consider it struggling since we didn't fail, it was just comically bad. If you had this group you might have even though it was a "decent" group since you didn't have ACT lol.

See for me, I carried enough dead weight in college and in my professional career. People sitting in project meetings, or group projects who want to do the bare minimum regardless of how it impacts others. I think that's why it annoys me in gaming so much.

2) I don't look at the parser while I am mid-pull unless O2S has me doing backflips in the air for like 25s, or 04N did decisive battle and I have to sit around waiting for 10s for him to come back. I also don't get pissed off about peoples numbers. No where in my post did I convey anger as best I can tell. Disbelief for sure, Frustration? maybe, Sadness? possibly, but no anger.

Only system I can think of that would be pretty painless would be raid specific tomes, basic tokens from the raid instead of slot specific ones, or right side tokens and left side tokens, so you can basically buy whatever slot you want after getting the appropriate number of tokens. That way you still have to play, win and then win the roll but you can just roll need on all 4 drops so people would still possibly queue for the raid more than once a week, but it drastically increases your chances of winning. It's the slot specific tokens that make it painful. But to maintain the status quo I guess, you'd need to also trade in a turn specific drop for the item that you can only get once a week to keep the acquisition rate the same and would also keep people queuing for all 4 turns of the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Omega?
    Mostly Wipes, really.
    As a healer, some runs are more involving and stressful than others, depending on the group.
    Ultimately though, if the boss dies within 1 pull I consider that run "okay".

I only gawk at parsers when I am bored or when I get to DPS so much that it matters.
    O2 would be a good example. Had an awesome group in there almost nothing to heal b/c everyone followed pretty much every mechanic.

Soloing HW A-Ranks on BRD is fun. Circle-kite and laugh as my Chocobo outheals them and I just pound them flat. Takes a few minutes, but it's entertaining. I kept imagining Bune getting all Hulk on me, 'RRRAAAWR BUNE SMASH! COME BACK PUNY BARD SO BUNE SMASH YOU!'

Deleted
    So much fun, to die of old age before you kill them :/

I'm in shock. Decided to do a trial roulette as a PLD, ended up getting the final fight. Three players spoke up and stated that they were new. I wasn't annoyed but figured I'd have to settle for a wipe or two before they managed to pick things up since that has been the case with every run I've done so far. Instead we one shot it! Miracles do happen.

my omega normals are always pretty smooth. then again i queue as a 326 dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Did one on my WHM with Chocobo. Took around 15 Minutes to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Takes like 3-5 minutes? Not that long.