15+ Year Old Account
    Preliminary Patch Notes are up!

Also seems I was wrong, and we're getting 4 dungeon in expert roulette instead of a constant 3. :x gg me. still probably going to get temple of the fist 90%of the time.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2017-10-06 at 07:27 AM.

So I've been wondering for a while why people loved SAM. Having been mostly leveling it via dungeon roulettes, I was pretty underwhelmed.

Then I was doing some FATEs in SB areas (to complete challenge log) with FC friends and quickly realized I had kenki pouring out of my ears. Kenki Mastery passive should be much sooner, because the job is an absolute snore without it. 64 now, so I have the single target and aoe kenki ogcd spenders...way more fun now playing this job. Won't supplant BLM or even RDM for me, though...in fact I'd still run MNK if I had to be melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, Sustain is back, lol.
    Still don't know why that was removed to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    So I've been wondering for a while why people loved SAM. Having been mostly leveling it via dungeon roulettes, I was pretty underwhelmed.

Then I was doing some FATEs in SB areas (to complete challenge log) with FC friends and quickly realized I had kenki pouring out of my ears. Kenki Mastery passive should be much sooner, because the job is an absolute snore without it. 64 now, so I have the single target and aoe kenki ogcd spenders...way more fun now playing this job. Won't supplant BLM or even RDM for me, though...in fact I'd still run MNK if I had to be melee.
    Definitely replaced MNK for me as I enjoy the constant flashy attacks, OGCDs, and more varied AOE. Still play MNK though because I'm good with gear with just the switch of a weapon. :P

Also love the mount, especially its wheel animations:

Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

A warning message will now appear when attempting to join a duty via the Duty Finder if gear condition is 30% or lower.

Literally the best change as a person who has friends that forget to repair 99.99% of the time.

I know this Hildibrand bit is just getting back into it but 1 QUEST? SERIOUSLY?

This better not basically mean we only get 2 per patch from 4.2 again. I liked the Heavensward Hildibrand story but it was really only brought in because players wanted it so it wasn't as good as ARR imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I know this Hildibrand bit is just getting back into it but 1 QUEST? SERIOUSLY?
    I think that's all we got with Heavensward's start as well. Talking to Nashu, joined by Godbert, finding Hildebrandt and thus finding Gigi, then returning back to Ishgard. It was a lot of substeps in the one quest to start off HW Hildebrandt.

10+ Year Old Account
    The appointed day is coming closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I think that's all we got with Heavensward's start as well. Talking to Nashu, joined by Godbert, finding Hildebrandt and thus finding Gigi, then returning back to Ishgard. It was a lot of substeps in the one quest to start off HW Hildebrandt.
    Nah we got two to start off back then.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w...entures_Quests

I hope this is just a one off and we go back to more than two quests because I need Hildy in my life

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

Meanwhile I'll just be sat here watching the carnage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile I'll just be sat here in Mist watching the tears flood.
    Got small Mist house, but I'd love to upgrade to medium.

Sadly, those are quite hard to get.

Nah we got two to start off back then.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w...entures_Quests

I hope this is just a one off and we go back to more than two quests because I need Hildy in my life
    Ah, so the 12 steps divided into two. We'll just have to wait and see how they've got the new one set up, I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

For housing, can you log out in front of the plot you want and log back in standing in front of it or does it boot you to the entrance?

10+ Year Old Account
    For housing, can you log out in front of the plot you want and log back in standing in front of it or does it boot you to the entrance?
    You can, I believe, but only in ward 1.. and there's multiple wards.

1) That new targeting UI change? Dear god yes please. A few other neat things being changed. I can dig the Shinryu barding.

Wreck's weekly rant section:

2) We needed a pug MCH/BRD for our O3S clear this week. We accidentally ended up carrying an 8th percentile player(literally 8th, not exaggerating) through and I feel bad that he's now going to terrorize other duty complete parties because of us. Not only that he wiped us a couple times due to mechanic (animal farm, spellblade, library, etc.). I out DPS'd him

3) For our O4S learning we picked up a WAR tank. Not only did he not shirk, but he used Butchers Block randomly when he wasn't MT (not even sure why he'd use it when MT'ing either except maybe on pull) and was doing a solid 1k+ DPS less than me... He kept telling me he was shirking me, but I literally stopped and watched and he wasn't until like the 7th pull when I finally got tired of him saying he was doing it and called him out on it and jumped off the edge to wipe so he could actually slot the ability and then he started doing it every pull. He was still freaking using the god damned Butchers Block though.

Wreck's wants more friends section:

4) Can someone please fund me crafted accessories with full overmelded materia next go around? The amount of DPS I'm missing from that is just staggering and I am poooooooor.

5) Also - for those on Primal NA - we can finally be friends We can do all the fun stuffs together yay.

Reading prelim patch notes, this made me happy: "* Messages cannot be sent to players from another World if they are not on your friends list."

So random salty dumbasses will have to friend you first to spew their vitriol at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    5) Also - for those on Primal NA - we can finally be friends We can do all the fun stuffs together yay.
    *latches on, drags into POTD*

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    *latches on, drags into POTD*
    Nope I'm taking you into Titan EX with that 1000ms ping you have

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/SlxNOle.jpg[IMG]
    Time to get two more large houses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile I'll just be sat here watching the carnage.
    By the time I get home from work, I can watch the cleaning crews. IF I am lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Time to get two more large houses.
    It's one hour per account per server (Though FC house doesn't affect FC leader getting a private house), right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Nope I'm taking you into Titan EX with that 1000ms ping you have
    *goes AFK, dies, dips some Chicken Nuggets in the ensuing salt*

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one hour per account per server (Though FC house doesn't affect FC leader getting a private house), right?
    Nope!
    Granted it's me and my friend getting one.
    So if I decide to get the FC one (do have the funds for that), that'd be 3 large housings.