10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I still play WoW and I'll be playing this.
    LOL I have played ALOT of mmos and would still be playing wow too if not for guild stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    LOL I have played ALOT of mmos and would still be playing wow too if not for guild stuff.
    I lead a guild in WoW myself. Not easy, albeit I miss RPing a lot.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Found this on Reddit with the description of "level 12ish lancer armor."

Not quite...sure...about...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Got my archer to 20 but i'm dead stuck on my conjurer at lvl 13.
    No quests to be found that are my lvl, i'm on the cap for levequests for another 7 hours ( that helps seeing open beta ends in 3.5 hours )

I just can't find anything to do atm except grind , but fk that for 2 more lvls till 15.
    FATEs near Aleport in Noschea or Drybone in Thanalan are where im grinding my levels.
    Unfortunately servers are down :/
    Oh well, managed to level GLA to 14, others to 20 except MRD (granted, THM being at 45 and every other class at 10 from V 1.0)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post

I even took a screenshot when I had that armor Its... terrible.

Open Beta and Early Access are essentially the same thing, one is just for the general public and one is for the people who pre-ordered or previously owned the game.

I love this game, and plan to for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account

lol Yeah when my arched got that set I was happy to see it replaced lol. Thankfully you get a new set fairly quickly from questing.

I just got the infamous 90k error and was kicked from the server. Can't complain to be honest, the game is almost here. I l spec'd my archer in conjurer. I just started to craft when I got dc'd though. It seems pretty cool. I am kind of nervous though. When trying to log back in only my legacy server and character were showing up. The server I have been playing on (Behemoth) said I had 0 characters on it. I am hoping that is due to the maintenance going on right now....fingers crossed at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I lead a guild in WoW myself. Not easy, albeit I miss RPing a lot.
    I might try RP here at least on one server why I have a toon on Gilgamesh a Hyur Highlander named Brynjioldf Redsteel or was it Redbane.

And yeah I am really bad at recruiting but had a few myself mainly good friends

Deleted
    It's great, I couldn't try the game out because I couldn't find the download link for the open beta.

EDIT: nvm, just found out it's a "open" beta, not a open beta.
    Last edited by mmoc68ceb3652c; 2013-08-19 at 06:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

My archer buddy is currently rockin' that set. Quite stylish.

The trouble here stems from the fact that a lot of the armor models barely change between male and female. And I mean barely. That armor is one such example. Looks killer on a female. Looks like, well, that on a male.

Same thing with my Acolyte's Skirt on my arcanist, which is essentially a black mini-skirt. Looks fabulous on her. Put it on a male, however, and... it's still a mini-skirt. Which I'm conflicted about. On the one hand, that's kind of cool and different in a way. In real life, if you take the skirt off a dead chick and put it on (let's not read too much into that...), it doesn't magically turn into pants. But at the same time, if there are going to be models like that, they should have an equivalent for the opposite gender. So say you're not digging how the Tube Top of Endless Cleavage looks on your Roegadyn male, you could alternatively use the Flannel Shirt of Manly Chest Hair.

But that's probably too complicated, so it'd really be better to just make the models differ more.

10+ Year Old Account

Good ol' subligar. I hated wearing them in FFXI as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    lol Yeah when my arched got that set I was happy to see it replaced lol. Thankfully you get a new set fairly quickly from questing.

I just got the infamous 90k error and was kicked from the server. Can't complain to be honest, the game is almost here. I l spec'd my archer in conjurer. I just started to craft when I got dc'd though. It seems pretty cool. I am kind of nervous though. When trying to log back in only my legacy server and character were showing up. The server I have been playing on (Behemoth) said I had 0 characters on it. I am hoping that is due to the maintenance going on right now....fingers crossed at least.
    I'm sorry, but your character was deleted.

BUT! To my understanding, SE is in the process of recovering characters who have been lost in the Aether. It's not just you. So fear not, your Archer will return safely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    My archer buddy is currently rockin' that set. Quite stylish.

The trouble here stems from the fact that a lot of the armor models barely change between male and female. And I mean barely. That armor is one such example. Looks killer on a female. Looks like, well, that on a male.

Same thing with my Acolyte's Skirt on my arcanist, which is essentially a black mini-skirt. Looks fabulous on her. Put it on a male, however, and... it's still a mini-skirt. Which I'm conflicted about. On the one hand, that's kind of cool and different in a way. In real life, if you take the skirt off a dead chick and put it on (let's not read too much into that...), it doesn't magically turn into pants. But at the same time, if there are going to be models like that, they should have an equivalent for the opposite gender. So say you're not digging how the Tube Top of Endless Cleavage looks on your Roegadyn male, you could alternatively use the Flannel Shirt of Manly Chest Hair.

But that's probably too complicated, so it'd really be better to just make the models differ more.
    lol I agree completely. I can ignore it, but it does bug me as it detracts from the game immersion. It does however crack me up.

10+ Year Old Account

I guess this is what we get after all the years of the more armor stats on female armor, the less is covered.

http://randommization.com/2013/05/20...-in-videogame/

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Also could someone explain what these jobs are and how they work? I'm honestly a little confused on them.
    Think of them like specializations for your class. If you level up GLD high enough and decide you want to focus on tanking (at the cost of losing some of your bonus skill slots), then you get the requirements for the Paladin job and equip the Paladin job soul crystal and get a more focused tank specialization.

For the DPS oriented classes (LNC, THM, PGL, ARC) I think the jobs are an almost 100% upgrade over the basic class, but for the tank/healer ones (GLD, CNJ, MRD, ACN) the tank/healer jobs (Paladin, Warrior, White Mage and Scholar) are more specifically suited for group content. ACN also has the Summoner job, which is a DPS job, so probably an upgrade over pure ACN.

Just an in general thing, but I didn't try out Duty Finder in the last weekend of phase 3 beta, so it was all new to me in this phase 4 beta. Holy crap this thing is like, exactly what people have been clamoring for in WOW for years. The first few guildhests are pretty much "Learn to do some MMO/boss mechanics" in a group with no real pressure or setup time or having to grind through a dungeon for an hour first, and great reward for succeeding. I mean I didn't try Proving Grounds in the WOW PTR but the fact that this is group-based, very easy for MMO vets, but teaches you some MMO basics/some of their own boss mechanic ideas all before you get thrown into your first real dungeon is awesome. Also, they're so rewarding that you want to do them at least once. One of the many subtle things I notice about this game that are a massive step forward in MMOs even if the surface of the game isn't some gigantic leap forward from WOW/Rift type trinity MMOs with auto attacks.
    Last edited by Omgarsh; 2013-08-19 at 06:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/106264

"Phase 4 of the Beta Test was originally scheduled to conclude on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT). However, given the fact that affected characters are numbering in the tens of thousands and the time it will take to address the situation including the time required for the emergency maintenance, we will be extending the Beta Test until Aug. 19, 2013 8:00 a.m. (PDT) for Worlds hosted on the North American and European datacenter."

10+ Year Old Account
    A beta extension likely means we won't get a wipe. /whew

Still, 2 am - 8 am isn't exactly friendly hours for NA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    A beta extension likely means we won't get a wipe. /whew

Still, 2 am - 8 am isn't exactly friendly hours for NA.
    I'll be asleep >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    Elvine is a guy lol.
    I don't personally know Elvine, but Elvine is a feminine-sounding name and the person posts with a female avatar. Therefore, I refer to them as "she."
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    I don't think this is the kind of break that would lead to a wipe...
    With all the whining on the forums? It was a possibility. Vocal minority and all but even the JP forums were full of it.