10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    It's a disaster for you. I haven't had any problems until I got booted off for this maintenance :\
    If it doesn't work for everyone, it's a disaster. Wasn't just me, either. It was my entire server. That is a problem.

Also, it was so widespread that they are doing maintenance. So yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    If it doesn't work for everyone, it's a disaster. Wasn't just me, either. It was my entire server. That is a problem.

Also, it was so widespread that they are doing maintenance. So yeah...
    I guess every mmo launch in history was a disaster then uh.
    Oh and lets not forget the countless wow patch days.

Also it seems the jp servers are still running so maybe its some bigger problems in montreal?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Some people are already level 28+ I wish I knew their secret because I've been on since 5AM and only gained 4 levels. I've been doing side quests, main quests, fates, hunting log. Guess I am just slooow.
    Yeah I wonder what they are doing as well, I think your first class is supposed to level through main story + FATE's + dungeons. Atleast that's what I'm reading.

noo, no people are over level 28, im the highest on my server by half a level

i had to run into work for a few hours today, nice of se to take down the servers for me so everyone will be right where i left them when i get back :P

had a fairly productive morning so far though. loving the game already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravijn View Post
    +Exp food?
    I use XP food. =P

Deleted
    huh, you realise there are players playing FF14 ARR who played 1.0, their characters got converted over and some people will start this already level capped...

- - - Updated - - -

once im in, im gonna be kicking around lvl 30ish on my taum

Some people are already level 28+ I wish I knew their secret because I've been on since 5AM and only gained 4 levels. I've been doing side quests, main quests, fates, hunting log. Guess I am just slooow.
    WTF how? I'm only just hitting 24 and I've been on since 5AM. I clearly don't know how to efficiently level in this game. God I hate leveling.. I just want to get to the Raids
    As much as like raiding in MMOs (and I put in alot of hours playing as well) people like you make me so angry I want to club a baby penguin. I bet you'll hit max level in a couple days and be spamming the chat looking for the sparse people to go try instances with and complain about the game having no content on message boards and in game chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    just a question to the EU players only, how is the latency in the supposed EU realms for those currently playing, those on ragnarok would be more appreciated, since i beleive my character is hibernating there at the mo til official release, just asking since the realms are considered na/eu and unsure what realm is actually based in eu
    None of them are physically located in Europe. All NA/EU servers are based in Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    As much as like raiding in MMOs (and I put in alot of hours playing as well) people like you make me so angry I want to club a baby penguin. I bet you'll hit max level in a couple days and be spamming the chat looking for the sparse people to go try instances with and complain about the game having no content on message boards and in game chat.
    So you hate me because I don't like the leveling aspect of the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    I guess every mmo launch in history was a disaster then uh.
    Oh and lets not forget the countless wow patch days.
    Pretty much, yes? I'm not hating on FFXIV, but this is not smooth. Maybe it's impossible to have a smooth launch (or early start) since traffic will be so much higher than it will be when it normalizes. Doesn't make it ok or any less frustrating, though.

Deleted
    seriously, thats so shit, ye thanks SE making eu suffer higher latency then others..., was among the highest gripes i had with 1.0 with everything in japan, not even 1 data centre for eu, they better get that sorted soon

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely seems they didn't expect nearly this many players between the US and EU. Says quite a bit when Japan servers are still up and they have more players but the moment US/EU gets overloaded they have to go into overdrive to fix the issues it causes. Still from what I've seen so far definitely not the worst launch of the mmos I've played(even though my group did get booted at the end of the 3rd instance).

- - - Updated - - -

So you hate me because I don't like the leveling aspect of the game?
    For a game like this where story has always been a major part of final fantasy(even if the story sucked in certain ones) it's pretty bad when someone just wants to rush to the end and not care about anything else along the way. For other mmos it may not be much because leveling truly does suck but the main attraction in this is the leveling and the story.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Pretty much, yes? I'm not hating on FFXIV, but this is not smooth. Maybe it's impossible to have a smooth launch (or early start) since traffic will be so much higher than it will be when it normalizes. Doesn't make it ok or any less frustrating, though.
    Ofc its frustrating. But thats sadly how tech these days work.
    So far it was definitly smoother then some other starts i experienced. The main servers seemed to be very fine until the dungeon servers started to derp.
    arrstatus still shows all .jp servers to be running. So their hardware seems to be more smooth. As i said earlier maybe the hardware in Montreal is just not as good as SE thought. Sad for us, sad for SE, sad for the datacenter but still something to be expected on the first day.
    Last edited by Asmalya; 2013-08-24 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Definitely seems they didn't expect nearly this many players between the US and EU. Says quite a bit when Japan servers are still up and they have more players but the moment US/EU gets overloaded they have to go into overdrive to fix the issues it causes. Still from what I've seen so far definitely not the worst launch of the mmos I've played(even though my group did get booted at the end of the 3rd instance).
    I agree. It's on par with most as far as frustrations.

I don't like the server locking though. TOR had one thing right and that was allowing Guilds to form before launch on the same server so everyone was guaranteed to play with friends. I rolled on Gilgamesh and it was locked 5 minutes later cutting off a good chunk of my friends. We all re-rolled on a new server but there are still stragglers and it's kind of BS if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

For a game like this where story has always been a major part of final fantasy(even if the story sucked in certain ones) it's pretty bad when someone just wants to rush to the end and not care about anything else along the way. For other mmos it may not be much because leveling truly does suck but the main attraction in this is the leveling and the story.
    I'm not going to argue with you. Everyone has their personal preference.

Still no code. GG blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    I agree. It's on par with most as far as frustrations.

I don't like the server locking though. TOR had one thing right and that was allowing Guilds to form before launch on the same server so everyone was guaranteed to play with friends. I rolled on Gilgamesh and it was locked 5 minutes later cutting off a good chunk of my friends. We all re-rolled on a new server but there are still stragglers and it's kind of BS if you ask me.
    In my experience spots open still up from time to time were you can snatch one. But ya the serversize seems to more conservative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Still no code. GG blizzard.
    You mean SquareEnix.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    LOL, habit is strong in this one