15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansTrolley View Post
    I asked for a refund. I didn't get my code in my e-mail. I couldn't log in to anything at all because I had no security token. (Which is $10?). And the customer support website is lost in translation at best. It's not a good first impression.

If you're enjoying the game and playing it, good for you. But I'll pass. Not worth the headache.
    You don't need a token to log into anything unless you have one activated, which you can't do without an active game license.
    Unless you ordered from the SE EU store you would have gotten your early access code with the purchase.

How the hell are you supposed to do the 20 arcanist quest at level? 10 higher level mobs at the same time basically one-shot me and two-shot my Topaz.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I blame kotaku's shitty design.
    If I was reporting things or making a blog. I would certainly lay out all the facts and show the dates. Kotaku, you continue to disappoint me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm pretty sure I ordered from the US store. And I'm pretty sure the token kept popping up. It just didn't demonstrate good customer service.

The only helpful things that existed were the North American players who tried to help others out. lol. So have fun, guys.

Haven't had any problems except waiting in some 5-10 min server queues whenever I actually decide to sleep and log off, the game is amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, a question to any EU players: what is your ping like?

I can see high ping being a pretty big issue, especially on fights like Titan where you have a small window to avoid one-shot attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoa View Post
    I posted a page or two back what my problem was, which is an issue with the download client/launcher itself.
    Yeah I may have had that as well...I actually got up just a few minutes before replying so still pretty tired.

I have to say I really enjoy the single target melee Limit break on my Monk. They really need to put that button in players trays though because in my first dungeon I got yelled at for not using my limit break and I had no ideal the button for it is in my abilities list "P".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I have to say I really enjoy the single target melee Limit break on my Monk. They really need to put that button in players trays though because in my first dungeon I got yelled at for not using my limit break and I had no ideal the button for it is in my abilities list "P".
    Limit Break system is a lot of fun.
    I do hope they expand on it though; like giving players their own personal limit breaks (similar to the FFXI '2hrs').

Does anyone know why when there is rollable loot in a dungeon chest I can't see the item unless I go click on the chest too?

Server is full.

And I am shocked!

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know why when there is rollable loot in a dungeon chest I can't see the item unless I go click on the chest too?
    Lower right corner of your screen you get a popup, usually a small rectangle. Click it and you get the roll window.

I've noticed one annoyance already, there are no means to tell how full a server is.... =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Server is full.

And I am shocked!
    Posted this on the FF14 forums in response to the Japan congestion announcement they made this morning.
    BTW, even on release day with all this still transpiring people are defending SE.

Apologies are meaningless, what is important at this point is clear communication and timeframes of resolution. The post today was very confusing and unclear as to which datacenter (or both) they were referring to.

Everything up until today can be written off as early access woes.

However, today is the official release and there are outstanding issues across the board:

1. A population of people who pre-ordered/bought the game still have not gotten their pre-order code or digital rights confirmation - players can't get access to the game

2. Server capacity has been lowered, mixed with no idle auto-disconnect feature keeps server at full or near capacity around the clock - players can't get into the game
    -This causes people to game the system by leaving players logged in 24 hours a day in order to get around the login process and worsens the login wait times.

3. Some servers are locked to new character creation (on the day of release....) and cannot play with friends who are on a locked server - players can't play with friends
    -The server queue system is not working, players get error 1017 a world is full and must sit and spam the login screen to try to get into the game

4. The error 90000 issue is still occurring and removes players from the game and depending upon time of day can't take extreme amounts of time to get in due to #2/#3

5. There has been no direct and clear communication from SE to the NA/EU datacenter customers about a plan to resolve the capacity issues or fix the queue system - This is the #1 rule of IT outages

Remember today is launch day, they had a 1 million player beta 10 days prior, they have historical evidence of prior AAA MMO launches, and this is an MMO re-release.

Its very difficult for even the most patient of us to just sit here and hope.
    Last edited by jearle; 2013-08-27 at 05:03 PM.

Deleted
    Gold sellers in cerberus eu already

Reposting announcement

"
    08/27/2013 8:03 AM
    Regarding Congestion in Japan Data Center Worlds (Aug. 27)
    Thank you very much for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Currently, an extremely high number of players are enjoying the game. Should the number of players continue to increase at the current pace, there is the possibility that our expectations and server capacity will be greatly surpassed. Therefore, in order to maintain a stable gameplay environment, we are implementing login and character creation restrictions.

In order to be able to welcome a drastically greater number of players, we are starting as early as this week with preparations to increase our facilities, to be ready by early next week. Until that time, we will be continuing to implement these restrictions as required, and we ask for your understanding and patience.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and once again thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is this Limit Break? You're talking about Pugislists right?

I'm only level 10 right now, starting to see the mob difficutly ramp up. Fighting at level mobs (lvl 10s) almost kill me and I barely kill them before I die. And that's with avoiding any shit they're doing and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalaar View Post
    Gold sellers in cerberus eu already
    And they aren't going to log out and they are taking up space. They are on every server by now. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    And they aren't going to log out and they are taking up space. They are on every server by now. =/
    Now..I never thought of that. Damn...
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    What is this Limit Break? You're talking about Pugislists right?

I'm only level 10 right now, starting to see the mob difficutly ramp up. Fighting at level mobs (lvl 10s) almost kill me and I barely kill them before I die. And that's with avoiding any shit they're doing and all.
    Limit Break is a group ability that builds up when in a party, t hen you can use the limit break ability based on your role, tank , dps, heal.

You shouldnt be struggling with the PUG that early, are you doing the quests and equipping new gear?
    Just rotating through the combos wrecks stuff usually. You can use that level 8 2m CD for heals or pop potions to keep trucking.
    Last edited by jearle; 2013-08-27 at 05:10 PM.