The programming work for Blitzball was really horrible. AI was so stupid. It would probably need so much work to add it into FFXIV so I wouldnt bet on it ever getting added.

Would be fun to have the exact same version of the FF8 card game in FFXIV though. That game was a blast, except for when the AI was cheating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    That game was a blast, except for when the AI was cheating.
    I have a feeling if a card game is on the to-do list for 14, and you can challenge NPCs, that Gilgamesh will cheat.

Random + Plus rules = I want to cut myself just thinking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I loved Blitz ball, probably spent more time playing that than the actual game, Im not sure it would fit into XIV's world. I could see the card game though, definitely.

I don't fully understand this. We're not allowed to talk about, if we got a beta invite at all or what it's like in Beta. Then what are we allowed to discuss. I thought expression we got an invite didn't infringe on NDA. Obviously because of my question, something has happened that I want discuss this topic more in length.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I don't fully understand this. We're not allowed to talk about, if we got a beta invite at all or what it's like in Beta. Then what are we allowed to discuss. I thought expression we got an invite didn't infringe on NDA. Obviously because of my question, something has happened that I want discuss this topic more in length.
    They have official beta forums you can visit for discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    ---------
    I haven't gotten an invite so I'm not sure exactly how registering goes, but the NDA is pretty clear on the rules.

There is a lot of official news we can discuss here; the only thing we can't talk about is beta details.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-04-17 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not our rules, but it is their NDA in which you may not reveal that you are invited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill just leave this right here, your welcome

http://gamerescape.com/ffxivarr_beta_key_giveaway/#keys

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's not our rules, but it is their NDA in which you may not reveal that you are invited.
    I won't argue with that. It's just a little.. frustrating, when I know close to nothing about the game, then I discover something in my email and I can't discuss it. I suppose google will be my friend today in researching what I need to know about this game.

Honestly, I haven't checked into this game at all. Until..a few days ago for a reason I cannot disclose.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post

Thank you. This will be great use to those who yet to be invited.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post

Well, they went damn fast :P

I suppose if you can't talk about what's really IN the Beta, you could talk about what you'd LIKE in the final game?

I'm still not sure why everyone got so excited by the Magitech armour. I thought it was a bit "meh" and far too "pointy". I really like how chunky and thick they looked in FF6, but the chocobos do look cool. Will be nice dressing them up and showing them off.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61657

i suggest watching the latest newsletter from the producer a lot of never before seen areas and places in this one...

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    I would just be extremely cautious. I know Legacy members has been openly said by SE themselves would be Beta testers automatically. But I wouldnt express my membership in public forums.

i'm not saying whether or not i'm in but i AM a legacy member so take what you will from that lol

there are gonna be more and more invites giveaways and sent out soon it's only beginning and starting with phase 4 it will be open beta so anyone who registers a square enix account will have access. i'm fairly confident this is information publicly available in the newsletter

posted another edit with another beta key giveaway

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/0...-key-giveaway/
    Last edited by Bigitybones; 2013-04-18 at 03:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    They have official beta forums you can visit for discussion.
    To be fair, you can't really hold a real discussion with a lot of those people.

Depends on which forum you mean Saxonn, the Beta forum is quite civil and quite a bit of normal discussions, way more civil than this thread.

But I guess, whining about it is as lot easier than to just act normally on such a forum <3 (this goes both for the whiners about games, and people complaining about the forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    To be fair, you do enforce their rules.

It would be nice if they invited people who bought the game originally before giving away keys to every tom, dick and harry <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    It would be nice if they invited people who bought the game originally before giving away keys to every tom, dick and harry <.<
    if you were a loyal customer you would've gotten invited as all other legacy members.

The official website just uploaded some new shiny screenshots,I like this spear

I got a Beta invite, but their website is to confusing to navigate. too many hoops to jump through just to get my account setup to download the Beta.... /pass

because making an account and clicking on a link to download client is hard? please dont play the beta, we need usefull people, not whiners.

on topic, love that spear, looks epic