Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You do realise that this is a JP MMO and they tend to like them some long term grind right?
    thats what happened in 1.0, you might see what happened to that and the old devs

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    and it's been talked recently in other threads which we won't bring up here why it's a failing procedure (and that only 3 MMO's that are alive and kicking still have a sub). If I'm not getting something for that $15 a month that's specific ( something promised with a time line in this case 3 months updates) I feel it's a rip off and not worth the pain. Works for you? great! but i'm not gonna be ripped off again (looking at you WoW)
    Then why are you posting here in a topic for a P2P game?

I'm not going to get into a F2P vs P2P debate.

You do realise that this is a JP MMO and they tend to like them some long term grind right?
    As long as it's not daily quests I'm fine with that

guys, make sure you use the official forums as well to put in inputs for the game
    The official forums has shit tons of restrictions, you can't post till your lvl 20 and at lvl 50 you are limited to 20 posts a day or something like that.

For instances, and FATES, (and leves?) you can scale your level to the content.
    cool

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Then why are you posting here in a topic for a P2P game?

I'm not going to get into a F2P vs P2P debate.
    Because if you bothered to read I don't mind P2P when it offers something and in this case 3 month update cycle. But if it's like WoW where it's just "future updates" then I'm not gonna fall for that rip off

Which is why I asked the question in the first place to determined if I should buy this game for PS4 or not when it comes out.

Deleted
    zito, read this, i agree to why yoshi has said here
    http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/fi...lay-exclusive/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    thats what happened in 1.0, you might see what happened to that and the old devs
    ..and what you said has no relevance to the conversation. Final Fantasy XI is still a P2P model and it's just over 10 years old.

Theres a guild streaming raids on twitch now, from a scholar healer pov, my choice of healer when I can get in lol

http://www.twitch.tv/frostx

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultima Weapon ain't easy. It's basically like a bullet hell game...so much movement!

I just want to finish this so I can have my mount and go to sleep. D:

15+ Year Old Account
    Because if you bothered to read I don't mind P2P when it offers something and in this case 3 month update cycle. But if it's like WoW where it's just "future updates" then I'm not gonna fall for that rip off

Which is why I asked the question in the first place to determined if I should buy this game for PS4 or not when it comes out.
    It offers the same thing that wow does, future updates. The only thing they give you for your subscription is the right to login tomorrow.

It offers the same thing that wow does, future updates
    Inconsistent updates, I was looking for specifics which I got from someone else so thanks anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    ..and what you said has no relevance to the conversation. Final Fantasy XI is still a P2P model and it's just over 10 years old.
    if you played 1.0 you will understand the relevance, 1.0 was very grindy and was a game that also had western gamers in mind, yes japs get the better treatment, but 1.0 was a bad grind, it was utterly destroyed and most western players hated it, a large element was the grind, so im basically disagreeing what what the poster said with this version being grindy cos its a JP game, normally yes he would be right, but these devs learnt from the old ones who basically got removed from the project and yoshi-p team took over, and one of the things that was dealt with was that level of grind, yes all mmos are grindy, but 1.0 was bad at it

10+ Year Old Account
    So you payed for a game and then you rent the game without getting a guarentee ? Yea that might work for you but not for me ":/
    So, have you never heard of WoW or most major MMOs for that matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Inconsistent updates, I was looking for specifics which I got from someone else so thanks anyway.
    What? How can you say that when the game just launched? Yoshida said to expect a MAJOR content patch every 3 months. Seriously, you're just making stuff up now.

What? How can you say that when the game just launched? Yoshida said to expect a MAJOR content patch every 3 months. Seriously, you're just making stuff up now.
    I was refering to WoW to inconsistent updates and I was looking specifics on FF14 updates to see if a monthly sub was worth it. This is why you READ FULLY instead of jumping in.

Deleted
    will be honest, the full roll outs will mainly occur if they deem this game a success for some time, considering how much this project cost them, its understandable, but still no excuses really of messing things up anyways, hopefully they bring out some nice things.

the features im looking forward to most is the DX11 support, and hopefully implement a 64 bit client (no word on this yet), sadly the DX11 support roll out will occur a new client download..., but in other notes, yoshi actually wants this game xfire and sli compatible, thats a freakin decent engine then

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    The current plan, I believe, is content every 3 months.
    Yup and the up coming patch preview looks rather nice.

------------------

PSB: How regularly do you plan to update A Realm Reborn, and what sort of content can we expect?

Yoshida: We’re planning on doing a major update every three months once the game has been released, and continuously adding large-scale content. Ongoing support for the game will be included in the monthly subscription.

We’ve already begun work on the first update that is currently called patch 2.1 and will introduce a large-scale housing system, as well as “The Wolves’ Den” — the first ever PvP content in the series. Furthermore, the update will include new dungeons, a new daily quest system, new Primal battles, extensions to the main story, and loads of other new content to enjoy

Full article: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...-realm-reborn/

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my God...
    Epic conclusion to an epic storyline. I am soooo satisfied right now. ;-;

Yoshida and team really worked their asses off on this game. They managed to bring the magic of a Final Fantasy game into an MMO while maintaining an incredibly enjoyable experience. This story definitely is up there, imo, with the single player Final Fantasy games. They even gave it ending credits with the FF theme. This feels so nostalgic. So happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was refering to WoW to inconsistent updates and I was looking specifics on FF14 updates to see if a monthly sub was worth it. This is why you READ FULLY instead of jumping in.
    Define consistent updates? Consistent updates to me could be once a year, once a month, once very 3 months. As long as they keep coming, its consistent is it not?

If your expecting content updates every 3-4 weeks you need to go play GW2. I prefer my content updates to be meaningful and have some longevity in the game, not flavor of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Define consistent updates? Consistent updates to me could be once a year, once a month, once very 3 months. As long as they keep coming, its consistent is it not?

If your expecting content updates every 3-4 weeks you need to go play GW2. I prefer my content updates to be meaningful and have some longevity in the game, not flavor of the month.
    I was refering to WoW to inconsistent updates
    and I was looking specifics on FF14 updates to see if a monthly sub was worth it.
    Why does nobody read?
    Last edited by zito; 2013-08-30 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I'm sleeping for REAL this time. Before so though of course it's screenshot time! It was worth losing all of my night for this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does nobody read?
    Reading is hard. Jumping to baseless conclusions, on the other hand, is quite easy.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Ok, I'm sleeping for REAL this time. Before so though of course it's screenshot time! It was worth losing all of my night for this:

Just like yesterday when you had to go to work and you went to work and then back on this forum? XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Reading is hard. Jumping to baseless conclusions, on the other hand, is quite easy.
    Story of my life