15+ Year Old Account
    Because login and character creation restrictions have hindered our ability to provide quality service, all Final Fantasy 14 service accounts will receive an additional seven days of free play time.

Furthermore, users who have yet to enter their registration codes will receive an additional seven-day trial should they register before 11.59 pm (PDT) on September 9, 2013. Moving forward, we will continue monitoring the servers to ensure that quality service and support are provided in a timely manner.

The emergency maintenance will begin at 5 PM EDT tonight and will require 10 hours to complete. The game publisher says that the maintenance will increase the number of available worlds, reduce stress on Duty Finder servers, and increase the number of concurrent logins allowed for each server.

The server maintenance will be completed on September 4, 2013. The additional seven days a free play time will be reflected on any service counts after the maintenance is finished. The MMO video game launched on August 27.
    Lets hope this fixes the login stuff because I'm tired of reading all the whiney posts here about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    Good bye? Have a good life.
    Thank you, same to you.
    No, I am not quitting.

Oh, I love being in Brazil right now.

The server isn't full at this hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Lets hope this fixes the login stuff because I'm tired of reading all the whiney posts here about it.
    It'll be a while before the whining stops. After maintenance people will whine about no free transfers, how 7 days isn't enough, how they should have been more prepared, how SE ruined their life, etc etc.

Give it a month or two.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    It'll be a while before the whining stops. After maintenance people will whine about no free transfers, how 7 days isn't enough, how they should have been more prepared, how SE ruined their life, etc etc.

Give it a month or two.
    Sadly accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to log in on Shiva, but the lag was horrific, 2-3 seconds lag spikes every 10 seconds (tried a dungeon). Not possible to play. I hope it`s because of the servers being overloaded and this will go away tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I managed to log in on Shiva, but the lag was horrific, 2-3 seconds lag spikes every 10 seconds (tried a dungeon). Not possible to play. I hope it`s because of the servers being overloaded and this will go away tomorrow.
    I have never experienced server-side lag, and I have managed to play at least an hour every day. Are you sure it wasn't your connection? Were others reporting the same trouble in /shout?
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2013-09-03 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Deleted
    I have never experience server-side lag, and I have managed to play at least an hour every day. Are you sure it wasn't your connection? Were others reporting the same trouble in /shout?
    I also have not received any type of lag since playing this game (when i manage to get on). The only downfall to this game i have seen, is actually getting on to the servers. Everything else is great!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never experience server-side lag, and I have managed to play at least an hour every day. Are you sure it wasn't your connection? Were others reporting the same trouble in /shout?

result:
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2942210319
    53 Mbps down
    71 Mbps up
    I think it`s not me... dunno really; but I know that the lag was not here 2 days ago (yesterday it was).

is the character creation still locked and the digital download still unavailable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc101 View Post
    is the character creation still locked and the digital download still unavailable?
    Yes, maintenance starts today at 5 PM PDT and ends 10 hours later. I would imagine they'll remove the restrictions shortly afterwards so keep an eye out.

I must say, there is something worse about this game than login issues, no AFK kicker and whatnot... there is absolutely no DC protection like other MMOs have. So even when these login issues get resolved, players with flimsy connections on high pop servers are going to have headaches.

Deleted
    The trait Freecure is a lie. Didn't activate a single time throughout the entire Haukke Manor run.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I get lag it seems is when there are a few hundred people around Dragonhead.

-Leviathan server.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    I must say, there is something worse about this game than login issues, no AFK kicker and whatnot... there is absolutely no DC protection like other MMOs have. So even when these login issues get resolved, players with flimsy connections on high pop servers are going to have headaches.
    No doubt.

I'm starting to feel this might leave a bad taste for the game in the long run. Unless you're just already highly invested in the game (AKA a fan of the series), I feel for the sub numbers not including the JP number which will probably stay a bit more stable.

When you can actually get in game, It's a decent enough game but hindered by terrible planning / management.
    Last edited by quras; 2013-09-03 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    No doubt.

I'm starting to feel this might leave a bad taste for the game in the long run. Unless you're just already highly invested in the game (AKA a fan of the series), I feel for the sub numbers not including the JP number which will probably stay a bit more stable.
    Sub numbers will probably be modest when it levels out, but that was what the team was expecting in the first place. I'm not too worried myself. They had expectations for a certain number, and with that certain number in mind they planned on 3 month content. I'm good with that.

The average JP player probably dislikes the game more than an average NA/EU player. They feel it is too westernized (this coming from the responses I have seen on JP sites/in-game).

Sub numbers will probably be modest when it levels out, but that was what the team was expecting in the first place. I'm not too worried myself. They had expectations for a certain number, and with that certain number in mind they planned on 3 month content. I'm good with that.

The average JP player probably dislikes the game more than an average NA/EU player. They feel it is too westernized (this coming from the responses I have seen on JP sites/in-game).
    Thats interesting. I had not heard that about the JP players.

I'm I remembering this correctly, about 600K gamers is what they were looking for, be happy with? Was that number mentioned in a video from them?

Dear god, please don't give as meaningful content to do, give us back our endless grind! ..fo real bro?

Deleted
    "the world is full...try again later" every single time. I can barely play the game.

I love this game but damn...they sure make it hard for me to keep on coming back.

The sad thing is that 5.4 patch (WoW) is just around the corner and if the problems persist, i'll have to move to the working game.
    Last edited by mmoced534fce7e; 2013-09-03 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras
    I'm I remembering this correctly, about 600K gamers is what they were looking for, be happy with? Was that number mentioned in a video from them?
    I thought I had bookmarked the interview but can not find it. I am fairly positive it was between 600k-800k. Which is extremely doable, and very likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Dear god, please don't give as meaningful content to do, give us back our endless grind! ..fo real bro?
    Waayyy different culture. Kinda glad I was raised in the US :P
    I mean, one of the bigger complaints I read on the JP beta forums was that they wanted FFXI exp grinding back. You know, where literally all you did was grind mobs in a chain exp party. Alllll the way to level cap.

Still, vocal minority and all. Surely not all JP players are masochists.