Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squadz View Post
    Anyone have any ideas? Graphic drivers are updated.
    something is telling me you have all the settings maxed out, FXAA, physics and shadows and full world spell effects.

ive got a more powerful system then that, in order for me to maintain 60 FPS running around anywhere, i need to adjust shadows, physics quite the well down, and i dont need FXAA on, looks good enough without it, also have other spell effects off, if people are doing fate zergs with 300 people, thats very intense no matter the system.
    take of limb darkening as well, the game looks better without it imo, and motion blur i hate anyways in any game so i take that off
    a svara zerg, with those settings adjusted, i get 40-45 fps sustained, which is very good when you consider how many people are there.

the 24 man raids arent released so there isnt a consistent measure of FPS yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Who do we petition to get this game it's own sub forum? I think it deserves one.
    Thread is quickly approaching 1 million views, with several ongoing topics within. I agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There isn't enough thread activity for there to warrant it's own sub forum.
    in fairness and going with that logic, that should mean the RIFT and SWTOR sub forums should be removed

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    in fairness and going with that logic, that should mean the RIFT and SWTOR sub forums should be removed
    Along with the hearthstone tcg forum.

I support this idea. They should be archived and turned into megathreads.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Longevity and interest then Sunshine / Bibi would consider it. Key thing is longevity though.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Personally I'm not sure, if gold should be "easy" to get. If you are barely getting more than you are spending, I think it COULD be ok. Using money should always be something you should think about. If you can get so much gold that you don't need to care about how much you spend it, its not very fun. Being able to reach things like max amount of money is, imo, kind of stupid.
    I somewhat agree; too much easy come money = inflated markets. Too restrictive earnings leave a flattened economy and a feeling of frustration. It is a delicate balancing act. WoW got it wrong the last few years. Basically, some people are virtual millionaires, while others remain relatively broke. You could say in SWtOR, you could easily become a billionaire with dedication; the market isn't overly inflated on any particular item; since even the expensive things can be earned with a few days of a few hours of dailies. The BiS mods/augs/aug kits/etc can be extremely costly, but that is BiS and you only spend that once in a great while; all other stuff is ease of access (unlocks), vanity (mounts, cosmetic gear), or not spending credits instead of real money (cathar race).

I hope the economy works out to a place where you don't need millions to buy stuff and you don't feel like you are always broke.

The self repair vs vendor thing should be looked into (reducing the cost of the self-repair mats would be ideal).

note: I haven't repaired gear myself yet, just going by above posters; same with gil earnings, as I've no max level of any class yet

I think a sub-forum would be nice, but I understand why they are apprehensive. I feel it is worth it though; and think sites are too weary; but megathreads are shit for most people. Scathing through 12,000 posts to find information is hell; and posting outside the megathread is locked and sent to it. It is too messy.

This problem seems even more ridiculous in my eyes when you see just how many WoW specific sub-forums there are. 26 WoW based sub forums, if I counted correctly (class, recruitment, world firsts) ...

Here is the insult (unintentionally). Hearthstone has its own subforum, and it is in a closed beta still.

This game is released and has about 565 pages and >11k posts. It is a bloody mess. It has locked sales because it exceeded expectations. People are still wanting to buy the game. We've had many people, including myself, not able to find appropriate information in the thread, like links; and it is hard to follow discussion when everything under the sun is lumped together.

The argument for it ... It doesn't require more server space. All it does is add an organizational tool to improve discussion. Does every game need one? No. But most MMOs who break 3-500 pages should be highly regarded as needing it. This is MMO-Champ, you know Also, if the board died out in 6 months or 6 years ... in the end, it doesn't hurt; there is no real negative side effects.

If it is felt that the mods of the current Video Games Discussion are able to mod this long ass thread as well as the rest of the board, then moving this game to its own sub forum wouldn't prove any real added work at moderation either; besides having threads be topic specific instead of one mish mashed thread.

Ok, done trying to argue the point for a FFXIV sub-forum. As the saying goes; que sera, sera.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Longevity and interest then Sunshine / Bibi would consider it. Key thing is longevity though.
    no i agree with what you say, i was hoping more people who are currently playing would discuss things in game, like ui etc, dungeon balance a bit more, could be due to it being new, but i presume with the way rift and swtor sub forums have gone, best to see if it sticks.

been putting input my self on the official forums for more QOL stuff, just more options and such

Man the Hamon Holyfist questline by itself made being a Pugilist worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There isn't enough thread activity for there to warrant it's own sub forum.
    I would strongly disagree with your assertion. 66 pages this week/month alone (over 3k posts).

I think (other than obvious Blizzard bias), Hearthstone would've NEVER gotten its own sub-forum if it was made by any other company. Those give-aways are great, but it proves the rules are bent depending who makes what. A closed BETA has its own sub-forum. This isn't a disrespectful opinion to see bias, no insults intended ... it does sadden me though that they fight tooth and nail against other sub forums; the is a forum based site with a news section. Anything they can do to aide in large discussions should be of great importance. It isn't like it hurts the forum to allow discussion to happen with greater ease and focus.

They will do what they will do, and it is their right to do so ... I don't believe in petitioning for it; it is used too much in this genre as a pitchfork style demand instead of a polite request.

Requesting and making a good argument for it, and having them discuss (not dismiss) why it is so important to not give it. The 'longevity' issue is not one I personally can agree with. Restricting ease of access of discussion itself hinders the longevity of the topic on the particular board. People will stop looking or look elsewhere if they have to wade through an overwhelming mess. I've done this with subjects of great interest in other topics outside gaming. Meet a thread with thousands of posts and you will find most people will just not tackle that burden.

Keeping people on the site should be important. You want people to be here and be part of the mmo-champ/curse community. You want that experience to be as pleasurable and easy to access as possible. Unique user retention should be one of the major stats that are important to a site like this. More sub-forums for other games won't stop them from being the king of wow-related news and discussion. It will just increase their retention and spread the idea that this site is the go-to place for all MMO discussion, and gaming in general. That should always be part of the focus and goals for the bigger picture.

But, who am I? Just some sugary goodness ^_^ they can focus and run it however they want They are paying the bills fine the way they do it

I still can have the opinion it could be modified slightly here and there for the entire community though! ^_~

10+ Year Old Account
    my Duty Finder keep telling me a member did not accept and it will search for another...
    been this way for 1h.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    I agree, Rift, gw2, diablo, SWTOR sub forums should just go. Adding FF14 to that list isn't going to make it better though.

There needs to be a constant flow of activity not just because of release.

would strongly disagree with your assertion. 66 pages this week/month alone (over 3k posts).
    Most of the posts are from regular participants of this thread and only gotten recent activity because of the launch of the game. Outside the initial launch post hype it's going to be dead enough that it won't need a sub forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I am so broke with alchemy at 50, lol. I need one more quicktongue 3... and it's stupidly expensive.
    Do shards go high on your server? I have a water shard farming spot that gets me like 150 shards/hr. I can sell a stack of 100 for usually 5000 so thats 15k every 2 hours. Not too bad.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as adding a sub forum for this goes I've always found it odd that this site is still called mmochampion when in reality it is nothing but WoWchampion. Mmochampion would be true to it's name if there actually were forums for most mmos and others were talked about on the front page, not only showing what curse bought out.

If this doesn't get it's own forum due to lack of posts/longevity then why not go ahead and remove the rift/swtor/diablo/minecraft/gw2 sub forums because clearly those aren't getting much attention either.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-09-07 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Do shards go high on your server? I have a water shard farming spot that gets me like 150 shards/hr. I can sell a stack of 100 for usually 5000 so thats 15k every 2 hours. Not too bad.
    No, not that high, but people are selling em in the quantities of 1000s which is quite hilarious. No one is going to touch it when it's in the quantity of 2000s, 5000s for em...

Thinking of doing a gathering though, not sure if I should start with mining or botany.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-09-07 at 07:26 PM.

if only botany let you grow your own nodes.....

Maybe I'm blind and its possible, but I cant seem to figure out how to get ALL enemies on your enemy list before you deal damage to them. Like in dungeons when a tank pulls a group of three or so I would like to see all their bars on my enemy list not just the first one I attack. Anyone know if there's options to make all aggro'd enemies show on the list?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverkit View Post
    Maybe I'm blind and its possible, but I cant seem to figure out how to get ALL enemies on your enemy list before you deal damage to them. Like in dungeons when a tank pulls a group of three or so I would like to see all their bars on my enemy list not just the first one I attack. Anyone know if there's options to make all aggro'd enemies show on the list?
    Fairly sure you have to hit / agro an enemy for it to show up initially.

Just wanting to know peoples thoughts on this game so far? Is it worth buying? Huge fan on Final Fantasy, but friends of mine have all said bad things about it. Just wanting other perspectives before I go out and waste money.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Fairly sure you have to hit / agro an enemy for it to show up initially.
    Aww I was afraid of that. Would be nice if they could change that later on. Love the enemy list, as an Archer the aggro meter is my best friend lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well took 3 tries but finally got my Ifrit-egi! Needed the boost from Echo >.>