Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Speaking of tanking, I've only tanked an instance twice so far as a Gladiator (Sestasha or whatever) and I think I might try out Marauder instead. Gladiator just seems to be spamming Flash 24/7. =O
    That's not enough to hold mobs from DPS. It's good enough to hold mobs off the healer, but you will need to use the single target abilities to keep threat on the main target. I usually go (about level 30):

Shield Lob - run in, Flash - Fast Strike - Savage Strike - Rage of Halorne - Flash, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Well, it would kind of suck for DPS archers to have an advanced job that turned them into support. I guess they would have needed a second advanced Archer job to give them a DPS job.
    Then they should have dumped Bard for now and just had the Archer Job be Ranger.

It also seems support wouldn't work in a 4 man model. Maybe if the 8 man content was always balanced around having support and we had 2 Support Jobs it would be a different story. The whole concept was mis handled IMO.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any word as to when the digital download is going to be available? I can't find a hard copy anywhere in my city, and no-one seems to know when they're going to get more copies in.

are dungeons broken atm? my group says it's been trying to reserve an instance for about 20 minutes now. 70 minutes in queue for Amdapor Keep.

Deleted
    they are meant to be adding more servers in this maintenance i think, if so, that will open the flood gates for sales again

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    At higher levels I guess it changes? (I assume higher levels, because I have no idea what Rage of Halone is yet!) Right now if there's more than one mob, Flash 24/7 seems to make everything stick to me without any troubles. Kinda boring, really. Only reason I don't just spam Flash constantly is that I like to keep some DPS rolling to make the runs faster.
    Halone makes a big difference, plus you get your stun and pacify shield abilities in the mid-levels. Personally I usually run in and flash 2-3 times before going into a single target rotations and I don't have an issue with threat.

Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    Is there any word as to when the digital download is going to be available? I can't find a hard copy anywhere in my city, and no-one seems to know when they're going to get more copies in.
    i just saw Ebay's prices for pc collectors...$200. Jesus christ man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    are dungeons broken atm? my group says it's been trying to reserve an instance for about 20 minutes now. 70 minutes in queue for Amdapor Keep.
    Not enough instance servers. Even if you join as a full group, there is a queue for space in the instance.

Got my drg to 50 and it seems bosses in this game really punish melee dps. Plus those 1 hr duty finder wait times... T T

Deleted
    So apparently according to my Fc mates... stoneskin is only good at start and fights with a break... Regen creates too much aggro.... so i'm level 36 and just supposed to heal with Cure, Cure 2 and medica? Great...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    So apparently according to my Fc mates... stoneskin is only good at start and fights with a break... Regen creates too much aggro.... so i'm level 36 and just supposed to heal with Cure, Cure 2 and medica? Great...
    It's more of a "on trash" kind of thing where you don't want to do anything that will overheal too much which hots will most likely do. If a tank has trouble with holding aggro over any of your healing whether it be casted heals, hots or shields more than a few seconds after a boss fight starts then it's another issue(it's the tanks unless you are doing nothing but heal spamming when it's mainly overhealing).

Deleted
    Well, it's true that Stoneskin is honestly too expensive to be used as an actual "heal" mid-combat, but it's up to you if you can be bothered to reapply it before a big burst is incoming during a few lulls in combat.

And screw Regen aggro, just go put it up on the tank anyway. It's not THAT dangerous unless your tank is horrifyingly bad and if you don't have it running while he's pulling. During easier pulls I just put up a Regen and go to town in Cleric Stance with some DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Medicara / 2 is a lot more aggro gaining than regen. You shouldn't gain aggro just from one regen, unless the tank really is that bad.

It is beyond me how this game can be out for over 2 weeks and there aren't enough servers, dungeon servers, and the game isnt for sale anywhere. Bad business is bad business.

Deleted
    Cheers for the replies!

Just did sunken temple the 1st time... struggled 1st boss alot... got a FC group... 2 hit every boss after that. Only problem i find as WHM at the minute is keeping a decent amout of MP through a boss fight. Is this common?

Last boss though.... really fun!
    Last edited by mmocfcc53be431; 2013-09-10 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    A bit. You don't get your real mana regeneration ability until 38 (Shroud of Saints), with it being improved slightly at 48. And even then it's really the only thing you have, besides kind Bards singing Mage's Ballad or Ethers/Elixirs.

Then again, I suppose White Mages can't be amazing at everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yes. So long as the SCH is higher level than the MNK.
    Wait what? Can someone explain this to me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Wait what? Can someone explain this to me?
    You only get bonus exp for a job/class if have another that is higher level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    You only get bonus exp for a job/class if have another that is higher level.
    That sounds neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    It is beyond me how this game can be out for over 2 weeks and there aren't enough servers, dungeon servers, and the game isnt for sale anywhere. Bad business is bad business.
    I am inclined to agree. Makes me wonder if they're even working on it at all. I still want to play the game, but it's only a matter of time before people lose interest. Hopefully there will be a fix with the coming maintenance.