Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    No, but you can't demand perfection out of everyone on the first attempts. For any encounter. Not everyone is part of a hardcore raiding guild, you know. People need time to adapt, learn the timing of key abilities, and perfect their strategy. Soccer is nothing new, right? You just kick a ball around, right? It's all in the execution and the skill of each individual player.
    But obviously everyone that does hardcore in this did hardcore in another mmo amirite? It's hard to believe anyone could truly believe that things are so easy in one game just because they did hard content in another game(watching videos means little compared to actually doing the content for yourself). Yes for some players a lot of these mechanics are nothing new and take little time to adapt even when the game mechanics are slightly different, but what those few people don't understand is that they are part of the few, the majority of players have a hard time on these things.

There will never be an mmo that will be truly hardcore that appeals to more than just a minority or the Asian market aslong as companies like money. Expecting even the simplest things in a game(like some want) to be deadly is never coming back, that dream that these people hope for will never be because they already lived the hard content dream and any new hard content in another game is just "same old same old". I'm definitely not the most casual player ever and not going to lie when I say I've already started min/maxing and play this game far more than I should but just because a lot of mechanics are easy for me I actually like seeing other players, if starting content is all bleeding edge the player dropoff is far greater than any problems other mmos have ever had with major changes.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-09-11 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I haven't seen any boss with a hard mechanics, even garuda hard mode.

I watch videos of it and I can't see how people are stuck on her. I really can't.

Phase 1 is kill adds and hide behind rock when she teleports, phase 2 just looks like you avoid giant circles and kite her around and then she summons 2 adds of herself. I don't know what they actually do but it just looks like a bunch of aoe damage which is easily healed through with succor and medica II and that's it. Nothing interesting.
    The mechanics aint too hard, can be challenging if you are undergeared, but the way this game copes with high latency players really drives me nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but you can't demand perfection out of everyone on the first attempts. For any encounter. Not everyone is part of a hardcore raiding guild, you know. People need time to adapt, learn the timing of key abilities, and perfect their strategy. Soccer is nothing new, right? You just kick a ball around, right? It's all in the execution and the skill of each individual player.
    Quarn gave me and the first group I had so much trouble we never downed the first boss(off and on tunnel visioning for all involved) and the bext time got him secobd or third try...Last time was much easier and I knew when those damn wasps were coming before they did.

Last boss was cakewalk...Ok not fully but yeah.

I for one LOVE it I had to improve and get better and it was fun...Alot of others will just rage quit though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dereva View Post
    Oh yeah I do that as much as I can. I don't get how people can find Qarn difficult, it's one of the easiest dungeons for me.
    I'm too scared to check the actual forums lol. I know a lot of people will be complaining about that, the mechanics aren't hard, people just need to pay attention. I understand getting hit by one or two reds once in awhile, but constantly getting hit with them? No no.

I'm just more annoyed with the constant restrictions everywhere
    You cannot do this while in a duty. C'MON, allow me to whisper jeez ha.

This game is fun when you get an excellent tank. If not, it's a drag.
    Has to do with how hectic it CAN get for pugs especially and tunnel visioning it's really not that hard with proper dos and target swapping but some forget to swap sometimes people firget to remove doom and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've enjoyed the difficulty curve. Feels like I'm getting back to my roots.

Also, Seven Gods it was expensive but I finally got my full Alchemist set. I finally feel...well, like an alchemist. XD Overall it cost me a good 150k. Back to farming shards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've enjoyed the difficulty curve. Feels like I'm getting back to my roots.

Also, Seven Gods it was expensive but I finally got my full Alchemist set. I finally feel...well, like an alchemist. XD Overall it cost me a good 150k. Back to farming shards.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lZivOZF.png[IMG]
    Wow. Looks great but damn that's expensive.

I like the proprietor(?) set though, so good <3

What's your stat at with that set.

Deleted
    That's snazzy.

And my admiration for you, I currently can't imagine my self hitting 50 in any Discipline of the Hand for a good while.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a cool set Check your market out, maybe it won't be too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What's your stat at with that set.
    292 Craftsmanship
    263 Control

That is with 2 materia melded. I have 3 more slots to put them in, it's just that the materia is so expensive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    That's snazzy.

And my admiration for you, I currently can't imagine my self hitting 50 in any Discipline of the Hand for a good while.
    Ha it is definitely not easy. Hopefully I can start recouping the costs by selling high end mats/gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Sooo what is your guys take on STR vs VIT for warriors?
    VIT.

The only reason you'd ever want STR on a tank is for it's parry value, which you'll get plenty of on high level tank gear.

Gawd I love this game! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    VIT.

The only reason you'd ever want STR on a tank is for it's parry value, which you'll get plenty of on high level tank gear.
    I keep seeing people thinking Max HP is a major contributor to tanking or something.Don't fall for this. Get STR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    I keep seeing people thinking Max HP is a major contributor to tanking or something.Don't fall for this. Get STR.
    Frankly looking wt mix but yeah....Warriors are like Monks in WoW in that they're not your normal tanks.

Frankly looking wt mix but yeah....Warriors are like Monks in WoW in that they're not your normal tanks.
    They're more like Blood DK's were in Wrath, Self healing is their block and they have more CDs to use than the Warrior does to mitigate the issues. They also do more damage, which I guess is another similarity (Blood DK was viable with 100% ArP).

Also, I was watching a stream last night and someone mentioned that they were increasing the server capacity again this maintenance but I can't see anything that clearly states on the launcher that indicates this, only:

"At the following time, in order to add new content to Worlds, enhance instance Worlds, further enhance Duty Finder performance, and to address several confirmed issues "

It says "enhance instance Worlds", does that also include server capacity?
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-09-11 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Torn up between renewing my wow sub or getting this. Is this game still not worthy of getting its own subforum here on mmo champ, wanna see threads about diff topics on this game.
    tbh i would hold off for a while if you want to play endgame, but don't want to clear a raid that yoshi believes less than 100 players will clear.

endgame content is... not really existent. i like the game and everything, but 2 dungeons, a long ass gear grind, 3 boss fights, and a raid that probably more than yoshi himself projects will see, but still relatively few people will see, is not really "endgame".

Sooo what is your guys take on STR vs VIT for warriors?
    doesn't matter as much as people think it does

but less strength should not adversely effect your threat generation, more hp is going to let you take bigger hits

Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    doesn't matter as much as people think it does

but less strength should not adversely effect your threat generation, more hp is going to let you take bigger hits
    Well, you'll have 30 points to play with. You get 15 health per point, you can either get 450 more health or about 60-70 damage per swing, more parry (Probably negligible) and Enmity through increased damage. Considering that Warriors have the highest health of the two tanks to help make up for their lack of Block, you'll already be up in health so it's probably best to increase your already higher damage while supplementing your health, say 20/10 Str/Vit. If you're filling the role of an OT then 30/0, as you'll be DPSing between adds you're tanking and you'll generally be tanking weaker adds and not the boss so the extra health will be wasted mostly, like the adds on Garuda.

15+ Year Old Account
    <Snazzy Looking Miqo'te>
    Very pretty...except your avatar lies to me! D: I thought you were a lalafel!

Deleted
    Woo, Madman's Whispering Rod get! Out of curiosity, does one get to continue using their weapon once that portion of the Relic weapon quest is done, or does the NPC take it from your hands?

Now to wait for Quicktongue 3 Materia to drop below below something other than 200k gil for one... I feel so dumb for thinking 70k for two of them during the weekend was too much. :/

Also, does any Alchemist know what leves to focus on once High Quality Hi-Potions stop being viable (in Quarrymill)? Currently getting 100k exp per allowance on those, with HQ Hi-Potions being fairly easy to proc.
    Last edited by mmoc7d4827b7f1; 2013-09-11 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    you'll already be up in health so it's probably best to increase your already higher damage while supplementing your health
    thats what you'd think, but according to some warrior on tank roles forums first boss in binding coil of bahamut hits for like 4k with an ability and has 1.5k swings and only keeps hitting harder. only groups ive seen making any progress in binding coil of bahamut with a warrior has had at least like 7200 health.

warriors are more gear dependent than paladins and are going to have a rougher time this early in the game. at least, that is what people are hoping. probably at a certain point of health you will just want to start stacking strength or crit, depending on how well they scale

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    It says "enhance instance Worlds", does that also include server capacity?
    They may do something to alleviate population and allow character creations, but that is referring to Duty Finder. It's less noticeable if not non-existent at lower levels but instance servers (Duty Finder) are congested. I can queue for AK with a full FC group and have to wait 20-30 minutes on it to "reserve" our instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Very pretty...except your avatar lies to me! D: I thought you were a lalafel!
    Lalafells make prettier avatars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Also, does any Alchemist know what leves to focus on once High Quality Hi-Potions stop being viable (in Quarrymill)? Currently getting 100k exp per allowance on those, with HQ Hi-Potions being fairly easy to proc.
    The next 'good' one that I can remember is poison potions. I believe it is a level 30 or 35 leve.

Cancelled my WoW sub (only 2nd time in 8+years).! I might be back in the next xpac, maybe. now im just waiting for SE to open up for Digital copies being sold again. I want to play so much lol. and not a single hard copy in any stores in a 200km radius here....

any hint at when they might open up for sales again? and when you buy the Game does it include 1 month of game time?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at level 21 conjurer 8 arcanist. Can't wait to get white mage!

I can't get over how good the community for this game is (at least right now), easily the best of any MMO I've ever played.