10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else get a little upset when they saw this?

If the live letter isn't until almost a month from now, I don't even want to think when the patch is going to be...

First off 2:30 am lol

Second when was the last patch released? it is suppose to be every 3 months no?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Anyone else get a little upset when they saw this?

If the live letter isn't until almost a month from now, I don't even want to think when the patch is going to be...
    TBH i had long thought the patch would be when the PS4 version comes out...Sooo like a month later...

This is the test of FFXIV if it can keep subscribers now then it will last if not then....But if you ask me it should be able to. Alot of lower level guilds are still working on coil(mine included) doing dailies working towards houses and so on...

Not like there is nothing to do after you beat coil either since you can gear "alts" by farming it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    First off 2:30 am lol

Second when was the last patch released? it is suppose to be every 3 months no?
    3-4 months these days..And TBH i have heard some people talk about the IDEA THAT MAYBE the Musketeer will be included..Might make sense seeing as the PS4 is being added as well.

So last patch was Dec 12th so next major patch would be late march early april.

In answer to those concerned about the game being on sale last week, all I can say is the half price offer encouraged myself and 4 friends to purchase it. We are all enjoying ourselves so far and have already committed to another 30 days on top.

Speaking as a regular wow player I can honestly say I can see myself playing this until the next wow xpac release because so far this game has been the mmo I have been looking for to play on the side.
    I am one of those people happy to sub to a 2nd mmo as long as its good enough to warrant my money.
    (Played Rift for 2 years alongside wow until they took it free2play)
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Well for sub games with a box going on sale pretty early is expected. The real money comes from the continuous subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post

3-4 months these days..And TBH i have heard some people talk about the IDEA THAT MAYBE the Musketeer will be included..Might make sense seeing as the PS4 is being added as well.
    I'm trying to keep myself from expecting it, but the thought has been rather exciting. It's not unheard of for SE to sneak in huge features at the last minute, so anything is possible I guess.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    They will release Beastmaster in the next patch!
    You cared enough to post.

Blue mage blue mage blue mage

<3

I am so hoping for another class. I like most others will jump on it right away... I hope it has some tough restrictions to unlock it so not everyone and their dog will be playing it on day one... but I only say that because i'm on my way to getting everything to 50 lol.

Edit: my banner is a bit dated... I have a ton more leveled than is shown lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutartwo View Post
    I am so hoping for another class. I like most others will jump on it right away... I hope it has some tough restrictions to unlock it so not everyone and their dog will be playing it on day one... but I only say that because i'm on my way to getting everything to 50 lol.

Edit: my banner is a bit dated... I have a ton more leveled than is shown lol
    That would be nee jobs more likepy..

One given example was a way they could make a Redmage by requiribg a BLM and WHM instead of two classes.

So, any advice on what realm to pick for a newbie? Would prefer a populated one, but (if they even exist), one without like queue times during popular hours. I'm pretty much going into it by myself so I don't know anyone at all (unlike how I picked my WoW realms)

Also if there are any good beginner guides out there that anyone can link, would be much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    So, any advice on what realm to pick for a newbie? Would prefer a populated one, but (if they even exist), one without like queue times during popular hours. I'm pretty much going into it by myself so I don't know anyone at all (unlike how I picked my WoW realms)

Also if there are any good beginner guides out there that anyone can link, would be much appreciated.
    Hmmm well Adamantoise is mine and we are doing pretty well.

As for guides not sure but some tips

try not to use up regular quests they will be useful in leveling classes you would enjoy less. Focus on fates(world quests) hunt log(you'll find out after your first class quest at lv1)

also look into your main class and see what the second one f9r your job is(such as a Marauder needing Gladiator at 15 to unlock warrior)

Most stuff will be shown to you and consider leaving on help hints till say level 22(or rather you unlock your grand company) it will guide you through this games unique traits.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post

Cactuar is mine, I find it to be populated enough.

I would also suggest rolling as a dps first instead of a tank (MRD or GLD). Get used to the game and what roles people fill. I've seen many a player jump in as a tank first not knowing exactly what they are supposed to be doing in that role.

so anyone suggest a realm with a good amount of raiding fcs? I'm currently on midgar and idk it seems lacking. Not sure if the game's population is just lower overall or if it's the server.

Best thing I can recommend is http://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT
    However, I've noticed in this game, it's less about "raiding fc's" and more about who you know. I have a lot of linkshells that I pull people to clear t1-5 from, and my usual static consists of people from quite a few different fcs. I like it better that way.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Best thing I can recommend is http://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT
    However, I've noticed in this game, it's less about "raiding fc's" and more about who you know. I have a lot of linkshells that I pull people to clear t1-5 from, and my usual static consists of people from quite a few different fcs. I like it better that way.
    What server are you on? It doesn't have to have a bunch of "raiding fcs" per say, but a healthy population of people doing runs all the time (and not having it fall apart after 1 wipe). I'm currently on midgar and when I last played (about a month ago) it was fairly dead.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    What server are you on? It doesn't have to have a bunch of "raiding fcs" per say, but a healthy population of people doing runs all the time (and not having it fall apart after 1 wipe). I'm currently on midgar and when I last played (about a month ago) it was fairly dead.
    Admantoise. It's a med-pop server that sees success in t5 pugs. I'd honestly recommend Cactuar or Gilgamesh as high pop servers that are active at nearly all times of day, rather than mine which is only really active on evenings/weekends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Admantoise. It's a med-pop server that sees success in t5 pugs. I'd honestly recommend Cactuar or Gilgamesh as high pop servers that are active at nearly all times of day, rather than mine which is only really active on evenings/weekends.
    Yeah but Adamantoise has a nice community(by and large) as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah but Adamantoise has a nice community(by and large) as well.
    I wouldn't go that far.