10+ Year Old Account
    For whatever reason the PS4 / DS4 controller doesn't calibrate. Use this in the cfg.
    Typically here: C:\Users\aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn
    Alias {90,91,88,89,41,40,32,33,73,72,48,49,3,2,1,0,4,6,10,5,7,11,9,8}

15+ Year Old Account
    Its has voice acting, but its only for certain main scenario quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    For whatever reason the PS4 / DS4 controller doesn't calibrate. Use this in the cfg.
    Typically here: C:\Users\aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn
    Alias {90,91,88,89,41,40,32,33,73,72,48,49,3,2,1,0,4,6,10,5,7,11,9,8}
    Thanks! I'll try it out later tonight when I get the chance to!
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I bought the GotY version of this game which had 90 days of gametime. Fired it up today and everything is fine except one thing. This game doesn't seem to have voice acting at all, at least not during quests? Intro cinematics seem to have them, but it feels kind of weird that the NPC's you talk to don't say a word, they don't even greet you or anything like in WoW. Maybe I'll get used to it..
    I don't think everything needs voice acting. Wow for example has barely any and does not suffer for it. SWTOR on the other hand is fully voice acted and I found it annoying. To the point that my g19 keyboards space bar broke from pressing space so often to skip the text.

I am also glad ff14 allows you to move on after you skip the Dungeon unlike SWTOR which forces you to wait as some ppl read slow or keep the rp going to be annoying . On the flip side in a new Dungeon you don't really get a chance to watch cutscenes as everyone skips them and runs off ahead. Still I think a fully voices mmo is redundant. It's not necessary

10+ Year Old Account
    You can rewatch cutscenes in the inn by the way. Even dungeon ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    I've finally settled on lancer...

Fem kitty level 34 so far... still trying to get the dragoon job but marauder is stuck at 13 for now since I have no more leve allowance pain in the arse to level even with extra xp bonus only at 50% >.>

Laughed way too hard on a quest where buncha men were "observing" two fem kitties bathing had to /furious em off XD and that main story about cheese... me like cheese
    Try inst a quing for some stuff man like say the guildheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envy-DathRemar View Post
    I don't think everything needs voice acting. Wow for example has barely any and does not suffer for it. SWTOR on the other hand is fully voice acted and I found it annoying. To the point that my g19 keyboards space bar broke from pressing space so often to skip the text.

I am also glad ff14 allows you to move on after you skip the Dungeon unlike SWTOR which forces you to wait as some ppl read slow or keep the rp going to be annoying . On the flip side in a new Dungeon you don't really get a chance to watch cutscenes as everyone skips them and runs off ahead. Still I think a fully voices mmo is redundant. It's not necessary
    Actually since Mists of Pandaria the main storylines in WoW have voice acting and especially in the newest expansion, the entire leveling content is voice acted. But i digress. Its one of my main gripes with FF14 is the lack of voice acting and since it has alot of cutscenes its like watching a silent movie. That said if every patch includes storyline questing like they have so far because it takes less time to do it than with voice acting, i'll gladly read quest text over not getting any new story.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Actually since Mists of Pandaria the main storylines in WoW have voice acting and especially in the newest expansion, the entire leveling content is voice acted. But i digress. Its one of my main gripes with FF14 is the lack of voice acting and since it has alot of cutscenes its like watching a silent movie. That said if every patch includes storyline questing like they have so far because it takes less time to do it than with voice acting, i'll gladly read quest text over not getting any new story.
    Eh, to be fair the voice acting doesn't have a great quality, it's growing better with each patch, but you can tell going through the main storyline that it's the English actor's first time (the Japanese actors are apparently fairly powerhouse names)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Japanese VAs are great. Yes they are rather established and famous VAs in anime and games.
    The English ones are so bad.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/L...e_Voice_Actors
    You can search for "XIV" and google the names.

I should note that some localization / translations aren't always 1 to 1. So if you use Japanese cinematics you may not be getting the actual meaning with English text, so ehhh?

Also in terms of localization, let's say SCHs are more nerdy in their abilities in Japanese than they are in English. Skill names resemble the tactician character a SCH is.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-01-07 at 11:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got the dragoon job couple hours ago... jumpity jump jump XD (had a fc member suggest fate farming near aleport)

Also finished the second trial/primal (titan)... in a awesome FC so thats good :3

I havent even bother touching those professions (hand/land)... probably just a habit I developed in WoW... how "useful" are they (preferably the ones to focus on the most)

I'm on Cactuar btw
    Ahh since you're on cactuar if ya ever need anything look me up character name is Kyrin Kalani.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I ended up going to Faerie... I finally logged in at 9AM, and was put into a queue before I could log in...

... The queue was 1. xD
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Eh, to be fair the voice acting doesn't have a great quality, it's growing better with each patch, but you can tell going through the main storyline that it's the English actor's first time (the Japanese actors are apparently fairly powerhouse names)
    A lot of the English stuff is fairly hit and miss, but the same can be said of many MMO's. I really like Livia's voice actress - she added a lot of depth to the character due to the great voice that she put on for the role.

15+ Year Old Account
    I adore Merlwyb's english VA. I think she did a great job.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've personally never cared for voice acting except to hear strange words or names pronounced, I'd much rather quickly read a text and press next than wait for someone to read it to me.

Deleted
    After playing FFXIV few months around when 2.1 hit, I came back to this mmo after getting hyped about new expansion. This time on ps4 though and sadly I cant play it as good on controller as I was on keyboard. Using skills is fine but I can't grasp targetting, it just so imprecise that I had to switch main job from PLD to WHM since healing seems easier.
    Besides that game is great and it really nice to see how much stuff they added to the game in that time, and we will have another big patch in 2 weeks with expansion aroun the corner, awesome , Blizzard should learn from these guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    After playing FFXIV few months around when 2.1 hit, I came back to this mmo after getting hyped about new expansion. This time on ps4 though and sadly I cant play it as good on controller as I was on keyboard. Using skills is fine but I can't grasp targetting, it just so imprecise that I had to switch main job from PLD to WHM since healing seems easier.
    Besides that game is great and it really nice to see how much stuff they added to the game in that time, and we will have another big patch in 2 weeks with expansion aroun the corner, awesome , Blizzard should learn from these guys.
    EVERYONE could learn from em man...Best releases i have seen since classic rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    EVERYONE could learn from em man...Best releases i have seen since classic rift.
    Its definitely impressive. What they've released in 4 patches surpasses some expansions i've recently played.
    I'm close to finishing the content on 2.2, after finishing 2.1 content (not counting beast tribes, as that is only completed at pre determined rate, no matter how many hours you put into it any particular day) and i estimate already having spent close to 30-40 hours on just those 2 patches without repeating any dungeons or raids (i repeat trials because they are fast and if you're lucky and get a newbie its an amazing way to farm tomestones).
    I'm hoping i can clear 2.3 content at least before 2.5 but i'm definitely not gonna be ready for 2.5 from the get go.

That's... not a mistranslation. It's simply a style of speech not used all that commonly anymore. Read an old book, something over 100 years old. Have a dictioinary and thesaurus handy. Modern English has gotten much more simplistic than it used to be.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pray

: entreat, implore —often used as a function word in introducing a question, request, or plea <pray be careful>

Well I didn't know that XD

gah this game making me learn something complicated already... now I got a headache >.<
    Yeah, the dialogue is very archaic with the way they use words and phrases from the 1600s if not even earlier

I feel like that actually coincides with the bad English voice acting, you can tell especially when they're using archaic words that they kind of stumble over them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Yeah, the dialogue is very archaic with the way they use words and phrases from the 1600s if not even earlier

I feel like that actually coincides with the bad English voice acting, you can tell especially when they're using archaic words that they kind of stumble over them.
    That guy.. from the Scions , whats is name? Urianger, or Uriger or whatever. He makes me cringe with is "thy noblest of souls", "holier than thou" style of speech.