Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Lots of juicy stuff in the new story quests. Some of it I suspected already but it's set everything in motion for the expansion rather nicely.
    when i finished the questline the first thing that went to my mind is "they really went all Game of Thrones on us jesus...." also raubahn is now my fav char cause reasons...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    The gear from the vendor in N. Thanalan gives tier 3 materia. I remember because this is how i got my 2 m+ gil in 2.0 lol.

Also for your relic this may help: http://bitsmaine.org/ffxivrelic/?job=Dragoon
    It does give it but its more likely to give t2. lvl 49+ is more reliable gear for t3 with a chance of t4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    It does give it but its more likely to give t2. lvl 49+ is more reliable gear for t3 with a chance of t4.
    hmm I've never gotten tier 2 from it, prob just lucky

edit: just to clarify, I went to the vendor to look again. There are some pieces that are below lv 45, I think I only bought lv 45+ gear. It was a year ago so I can't remember exactly.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2015-04-01 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    edit: just to clarify, I went to the vendor to look again. There are some pieces that are below lv 45, I think I only bought lv 45+ gear. It was a year ago so I can't remember exactly.
    What Materia you get is tied to Itemlvl. Itemlvl 31-44 gives T2 Materia with a chance for T3, 44-X gives T3 with a chance for T4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    when i finished the questline the first thing that went to my mind is "they really went all Game of Thrones on us jesus...." also raubahn is now my fav char cause reasons...
    I can't wait to see what they have in store for the future. They didn't pull any punches this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never insult the main story quests again, lmao.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I will never insult the main story quests again, lmao.
    They really went all out for the "finale." I have pretty high hopes for Heavensward's story. :3 Also can whm's get the spell that Y'shotla casted? CUZ IT LOOKS AMAAAAZIIINNG.

Deleted
    Magitek armor has FFVI Terra's theme now, it's sooooo good.
    Also Y'shtola's spell was probably Holy.

i actualy think all those spells were limit breaks like they said each class would have one
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Magitek armor has FFVI Terra's theme now, it's sooooo good.
    Also Y'shtola's spell was probably Holy.
    Didn't even come close to looking like Holy.

I have a question.

My allied seals are at about 2k, but right now I don't know what to spend them on. My tomestones of soldiery are nearly capped. Every now and again I do hunts, haven't done much endgame yet. I have full 100 gear (all weathered), a couple of pieces I upgraded to 110 (like the ring so I could get another 100) and my relic weapon is 100 (atma).

I still have a lot of dungeons to run, but haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to it, which is why I just have been casually doing hunts.

So the question is: What should I spend my tomestones and seals on? I see people in 120-130 gear still showing up to hunts in droves, so they obviously NEED seals/tomestones. But what for? I have a book right now for the next relic phase, but it's been slow going (been getting tomestones faster than I can go through books).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then, that went dark as hell (main story).

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I have a question.

My allied seals are at about 2k, but right now I don't know what to spend them on. My tomestones of soldiery are nearly capped. Every now and again I do hunts, haven't done much endgame yet. I have full 100 gear (all weathered), a couple of pieces I upgraded to 110 (like the ring so I could get another 100) and my relic weapon is 100 (atma).

I still have a lot of dungeons to run, but haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to it, which is why I just have been casually doing hunts.

So the question is: What should I spend my tomestones and seals on? I see people in 120-130 gear still showing up to hunts in droves, so they obviously NEED seals/tomestones. But what for? I have a book right now for the next relic phase, but it's been slow going (been getting tomestones faster than I can go through books).
    Probably for more relics. I see many people with 2-3 zetas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question.

They're doing it for Alexandrite, which drops from Fates in the area or is purchasable with allied seals. Its for a relic step after the books. Soldiery is mostly used for crafting items or alts after you're "done" with it on one class. I pretty much dont know anyone that just plays one job. I've got 6 I cycle through pretty regularly.

Also hunts dropped Blood soaked and unstained hunting logs which is used for Carbon Coat/Twine and Sands/Oil of Time.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    They're doing it for Alexandrite, which drops from Fates in the area or is purchasable with allied seals. Its for a relic step after the books. Soldiery is mostly used for crafting items or alts after you're "done" with it on one class. I pretty much dont know anyone that just plays one job. I've got 6 I cycle through pretty regularly.

Also hunts dropped Blood soaked and unstained hunting logs which is used for Carbon Coat/Twine and Sands/Oil of Time.
    Well you also need 6400 soldiery for the relic quests as well.

Just got my whm really enjoying the game so far but i have a question im wondering what endgame will look like since im not a "hardcore" raider i know theres alot of crafting but what else can i expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Armbre View Post
    Just got my whm really enjoying the game so far but i have a question im wondering what endgame will look like since im not a "hardcore" raider i know theres alot of crafting but what else can i expect?
    What casuals can do:

Lots of dungeons (17 dungeons at level 50).
    3 casual raids, they are called the Crystal Tower raids. They are slightly harder than LFR in WoW but 101% puggable using the Duty Finder.
    Extreme primals.
    Crafting (as you mentioned).
    Relic quest (lots of grinding here).
    Side story quests.
    Beast tribe quests. They are basically dailies, whenever your reputation rank increases you unlock a new quest to progress their story.
    Main story quests.
    Housing. They are pretty expensive but highly customizable.
    Gold Saucer, which includes Triple Triad and Chocobo Racing.
    Level up other classes if you feel like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want the egg hat....

I don't have one

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a list of all mounts with unique music?
    There is only a couple as far as i'm aware

Fat Chocobo
    Company Chocobo
    Magitek armour

and the rest of the mounts have this same generic relaxing music which the Magitek armor used to have. When I first got my Unicorn mount I thought it was the music for that mount. I quickly discovered that no. It's just the mount music in general as my Behemoth, Wedding Chocobo, Unicorn, Coeurl and Eyeball all use it
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2015-04-02 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post

Just want to make sure there isn't something I should be buying that I'll need later. Seems Alexandrite is the main thing I should save the seals for.

I'm just mainly concerned with my soldiery. I want to do more hunts, but I don't want to be capped either. Need to find something to buy! Eventually I'll probably get some gear for other classes, but I've yet to level any. All of my classes are at 30 though (I just wanted to unlock all jobs).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    There is only a couple as far as i'm aware

Fat Chocobo
    Company Chocobo
    Magitek armour

and the rest of the mounts have this same generic relaxing music which the Magitek armor used to have. When I first got my Unicorn mount I thought it was the music for that mount. I quickly discovered that no. It's just the mount music in general as my Behemoth, Wedding Chocobo, Unicorn, Coeurl and Eyeball all use it
    Seems the Draught Chocobo also uses the Company Chocobo music (which is why I thought it was default). Thanks for the info.