Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    That guy on the right reminds me of Mistertique.

(NSFW) http://oglaf.com/mistertique/

Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    Yes. It's expac only.
    ok thank you.

ZW quest will not continue? Two thoughts:

1. All that time and effort people inested into them... now looks pointless. (Yes, I saw the part on him wanting it to be useful, though without someadditional info that's as vafue as saying that your Siege of Orgimmar raid gear would be useful in WoD). Adding a new tier of more powerful gear invalidates the ZW.

2. Why even start the ZW post HW? Again, they say they want it to be useful, but IDK what that means. ATM there's no reason to start it and every reason to work on those new weapons he's talking about in the letter.

Also noticed the housing, which reminded me to ask: how much time (realistically, from a non-gold farmer standpoint) do you have to invest to get a house? (The smallest possible real house where you can pu in decor and yadda yadda yadda). Do you have to be 50 to get one?

Lastly, I haven't been following the airship thing too much, but what utility do they provide? Are they just mobile bases with repair and vendors and stuff? Are they a platform from which your ranged can cast from? Or are they just an awesomized goldsink?

10+ Year Old Account
    They will be used to reach areas you cannot otherwise for guild content also think of em as super retainers too.

I managed to find a reliable group for T9 earlier! I'm glad that's out the way. It's a pretty fun fight once everybody knows what they're doing. Now I'll have to hope I can get T10-13 done before the expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

1. All that time and effort people inested into them... now looks pointless. (Yes, I saw the part on him wanting it to be useful, though without someadditional info that's as vafue as saying that your Siege of Orgimmar raid gear would be useful in WoD). Adding a new tier of more powerful gear invalidates the ZW.

2. Why even start the ZW post HW? Again, they say they want it to be useful, but IDK what that means. ATM there's no reason to start it and every reason to work on those new weapons he's talking about in the letter.
    According to them having the Zodiac will give you some kind of advantage starting with heavensward, my bet is it'll turn the old zodiac into the new weapon and you skip having to make it from scratch

I like it, people (and I'm not saying you, I know this forum is reasonable) can bitch all they want about having their exclusivity being made meaningless, but it's not fair or right to make new people do a horrific amount of incredibly grindy content that after the new relic will be mostly irrelevant except for low level and trial roulettes, even if they do buff the drop rate significantly.

Also, no ZW for the three new jobs.

Also noticed the housing, which reminded me to ask: how much time (realistically, from a non-gold farmer standpoint) do you have to invest to get a house? (The smallest possible real house where you can pu in decor and yadda yadda yadda). Do you have to be 50 to get one?

Lastly, I haven't been following the airship thing too much, but what utility do they provide? Are they just mobile bases with repair and vendors and stuff? Are they a platform from which your ranged can cast from? Or are they just an awesomized goldsink?
    They'll start off simple but by the end of 3.X patch series (they plan to expand it each patch), you'll be able to fly them, reach exclusive zones, and (iirc) fight rare monsters (you'll be able to craft cannons on them for instance).

I'm not being negative, i'm countering the amount of positivity here

I may sound like I'm bashing the game. I am not. It's a great game. I just don't really like the way they handle the expac's infos. I really hope they'll prove me wrong and I'll make my mea culpa

I guess I'm a pessimistic type of guy.

Sorry if I annoyed some of you

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

I may sound like I'm bashing the game. I am not. It's a great game. I just don't really like the way they handle the expac's infos. I really hope they'll prove me wrong and I'll make my mea culpa

I'm with you, it flustrates me (I know what I said) that Square's so tight-lipped about such important stuff, but they haven't really had any major fuckups so I've got a lot of faith in them

Of course, their margin for comparison is for 1.0, so it'd be pretty impressive if they fucked up that bad again

10+ Year Old Account

Thing is the overhauled Warriors in 2.1 and have been refining classes regularly. They don't do wild swing buffalo nerds like blizzard does for instance. They generally make minor tweaks unless a serious underperformance is found in those cases a buff is given. Again see warriors being buffed instead of paladins nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Good. It keeps things interesting and doesn't end up with a situation where everything is revealed months in advance. I firmly believe that the amount of information being revealed about WoW's content patches is a large contribution towards that game's stagnation.
    I almost couldn't believe when Blizzard released all Draenor cutscenes before the game even launched. I hate having the storyline spoiled in any game, and risking doing so by the developer itself felt really dumb. Also, I already know what is coming in 6.2, and I am not even subbed anymore.

Oh well, at least I can keep up with the story very easily.

10+ Year Old Account

But the serendipity - isn't it something that is missing from WoW? I really love not knowing what I am getting into. How do the 3 new jobs play? What do they have as new end game? What all are changing?

I know more of HFC than I do of Heavensward. And I love that about FFXIV. It's an adventure - and we are all part of the discovery together.

Something which I used to feel back in Vanilla. Something as trivial as taking a new NE toon from Auberdeen all the way to Stormwind -- it was exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I managed to find a reliable group for T9 earlier! I'm glad that's out the way. It's a pretty fun fight once everybody knows what they're doing. Now I'll have to hope I can get T10-13 done before the expansion...
    T10 is easy as long as people know how to do a number priority.
    T11 is easy if people are not colour blind.
    T12 is easy if you know how to not get in the line between a bird and its target.
    T13..... have fun

- - - Updated - - -

The only SMN rumour I have heard so far:

They will swap Contagion and Tri Disaster. So SMN can now use Contagion baseline, on the other hand Garuda becomes the "AOE" agi (AoE windblade + Tri Disaster), whereas Ifrit is the single target. With Contagion being baseline SMN can use whatever they find suit the situation.

No confirmation but some said the animation of the new Tri Disaster is in the benchmark.

Hows the dps classes compared to warcrafts classes? In WoW ive dps'ed raids as a hunter, warlock, rogue, and warrior. How unforgiving is melee? Is there a ranged physical damage dealer like hunters and hows the damage compared to the magic and melee dps guys?

@Grym : It's not a rumor... it's a fan made theory. You can clearly see in the benchmark the SMN use Tri Disaster.

Tbh, what they can do is make tri disaster be a aoe spell that triggers contagion (and it's cd even though you're not using Garuda) and some others things. It would make Garuda less mandatory, buff the usefullness of tri-disaster...

But that sounds OP. An aoe contagion... lol... but then again the spell is called "tri-disaster" so it should bring doom upon the world.

Homophobia is so gay.

Comparison to WoW leads many to dislike the game. It's "slower", with a 2.5 second CD, hastened to around 2s by endgame. You're going to feel "weak", since you are only going to see 3 digit damage numbers for the most part.

Most classes are well balanced. There is no dps meter, so you are much more free to play what you like. Most bosses will either die or not die based on how well you play, not what your dps is. There are not as many "dps checks"

There is a ranged physical class (archer / bard). Again, everything fairs pretty well in comparison.

You don't really have to move too much more as a melee then a ranged. Most bosses make everyone move about evenly. If you do have to move more because of boss re-positioning, it is balanced by the longer CD. You're both usually gonna blow a CD. If a caster has to move a little less, he's gonna be hurt more since he interrupts his 2.5s and needs another 2.5 to get casting again.

I'd say just try the game with an open mind. The story, community, and variability (be any class at any time) are fantastic. Catch a free weekend if you want, but the opening first few days (like any mmo) are very slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Hows the dps classes compared to warcrafts classes? In WoW ive dps'ed raids as a hunter, warlock, rogue, and warrior. How unforgiving is melee? Is there a ranged physical damage dealer like hunters and hows the damage compared to the magic and melee dps guys?
    Hunter: we have Bard, also uses bow but no pet. Their damage is decent however some of their abilities will give a 20% damage penalties, but some of those buff are very useful like TP (energy) regen, mana regen and such. They also got songs to reduce target's magic resist by 10% and that one doesn't have damage penalties.

Warlock: We have Summoner. Pet + dot class, enough said really.

Rogue: we have Rogue too, and eventually it becomes Ninja.

Warrior: in FFXIV Warriors are tanks, if you are OK with it. Imagine Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Warrior: in FFXIV Warriors are tanks, if you are OK with it. Imagine Arms.
    They are 2H tanks right? They are master swordsmen who don't need any stupid shields to stay block? Sounds cool!

They are 2H tanks right? They are master swordsmen who don't need any stupid shields to stay block? Sounds cool!
    They use axe. Dark Knights will use 2h swords (and they'll tank).

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    They use axe. Dark Knights will use 2h swords (and they'll tank).
    So who uses 2H maces?