Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I just thought the 1000 lore would be nice
    It would be, and if there was a guarantee I'd get it, it might be worth doing. But there isn't. I'd rather spend my time doing something I KNOW will reward me, not something that MIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    It would be, and if there was a guarantee I'd get it, it might be worth doing. But there isn't. I'd rather spend my time doing something I KNOW will reward me, not something that MIGHT.
    Then don't do it. The point of it is side content to earn a chance at some goodies. Like hunts or the Gold Saucer. I don't mind RNG being side content. Now if gear in FF14 started doing a Legion and having a chance to roll "Alexanderforged" then I'd start getting pissed.

I mean yeah I get agitated when I don't get a line but it's not gonna affect me.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-03 at 04:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Ι mean... pvp isnt torture anymore though! Queues pop fast and you get showered in wolf marks even if you just do 1 frontline a day! Should be easy enough to get in a week of very very casual pvp
    Hmm... maybe I'll check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, it's SE trollfacing you week by week with bullshit RNG. TBH, unless you're just that desperate for the currencies(or want the cheevs tied to it), I wouldn't bother. Trying to get the SC points and complete the goals just felt like a giant waste of time compared to how I could get them in much faster, more efficient ways.
    It is a waste of time, now that I'd have to run content extra for it.
    It wasn't when I ran the content anyway and filling the book was a byproduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    The torture may not be the queue time so much as having the shit beat out of you repeatedly if you're new to pvp.
    Yeah but you get wolf marks win or lose so it's not too bad. Though not sure how the rewards actually work, at first I was getting 600 marks when losing but then I started getting 900 for the loss. So maybe someone knows how that is supposed to work?
    Last edited by everydaygamer; 2017-02-03 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Yeah but you get wolf marks win or lose so it's not too bad. Though not sure how the rewards actually work, at first I was getting 600 marks when losing but then I started getting 900 for the loss. So maybe someone knows how that is supposed to work?
    In Frontline, you get 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and different amounts of marks for each. In Feast it's win or lose, though I'm not 100% on whether the amount is different if it's ranked, matched party or solo.

First few days I did more than 2-3 matches and didn't really enjoy it...I'm not a PvP person, I just did it for the extra marks. Now I just do the Frontline Roulette. It's always Shatter, which is deceptively easy. Winning team usually doesn't engage in much actual PvP since the main goal is to get to and destroy the tomeliths ASAP when they spawn. If you get side tracked and caught up in PvP it gives time to the group who's not fighting to get to and destroy the tomelith. The only time my team won, we just kind of sat in the middle picking of stragglers and then hauling ass to the tomeliths that spawned and doing as much damage as possible to get the most points for the kill (they're worth a certain max number of points, and that number gets divided amongst the teams that damaged it) and then hauling ass back to our staked off area in the middle. First team to 1600 total points wins.

Yep, it's SE trollfacing you week by week with bullshit RNG. TBH, unless you're just that desperate for the currencies(or want the cheevs tied to it), I wouldn't bother. Trying to get the SC points and complete the goals just felt like a giant waste of time compared to how I could get them in much faster, more efficient ways.
    It's just potential bonus stuff. I will spend SC points and try to set up for 2 lines. Getting 3 lines is as likely as winning Jumbo Cactpot.

Speaking of which, that one time I was at 8/9 seals and the last one was literally one spot over from me having 3 lines and 1 million MGP...urgh.

Unrelated news...PLD anima at 260 now and all of my BLM gear upgraded, so my checklist of things I want done before Stormblood is starting to get a lot clearer:

- Finish anima weapons (MNK one halfway to 270...then 4 to go o.o)
    - Bird farming (only have Ravana one so that's gonna be a while maybe)
    - Fenrir mount (don't think I'll be able to grind out enough MGP to get the other 2 pre-SB, barring a WT 3 line or Jumbo Cactpot win)
    - Get all jobs to 60 (MCH and NIN left, and being I'm out of potsherds for materia, probably start running PotD and finish those two, which are 55-56, respectively)
    - Upgrade tank/healer/MNK gear (natural byproduct of simply playing, so not worried)
    - Gear other jobs enough to where they can be halfass useful when starting the SB leveling grind

Edit: Another completely unrelated note. The new /dote emote available from the current holiday event is absolutely hilarious on female highlander (further proof we are the bestlanders ). Femroe one made go...wait, what? Sad, cause they're my next favorite race/sex combo.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-02-03 at 04:43 PM.

Well i've cleared my questlog again. At this point its Garo sets, DRK umbrite stage Relic and Dun Scathe for alt job gear till next months second half of the patch, wrote a thing about it all here - http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.c...te-review.html - but man was all the teasing of an Omega no show my one big disappointment with the patch.

Jobs are all capped, not bothering with better craft/gather gear cos it all gets invalidated next xpac, done with dailies. Gonna try and pump my Chocobo on up to 20, do Hunts to get upgrades for 260 rings so I can buy another set and replace the 230's, run POTD every week for Scripture.

I'm currently trying to rank up my GC so I can do Ishgard hunts :l

Just figured out I can give them dungeon gear for seals, so that solves my seal problem has I work on the hunt log for it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm currently trying to rank up my GC so I can do Ishgard hunts :l

Just figured out I can give them dungeon gear for seals, so that solves my seal problem has I work on the hunt log for it
    You can also buy the crafted 110 gear off the MB and turn it in, if you have the Gil to burn.

You can also buy the crafted 110 gear off the MB and turn it in, if you have the Gil to burn.
    easiest way now is que for a1S for the relic light spammers, wait till the end for the loot nobody wants and turn that in, also good for GSM desynth.

I cant get back into it. I shoulda just grind fates back when it first came out on like 3 alts. Now I cant be fcked with the grind

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone with the PvP gearing tip. Dinged 60 yesterday and within one hour i had all my right side gear with 235. Now to work on the left side pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Thanks everyone with the PvP gearing tip. Dinged 60 yesterday and within one hour i had all my right side gear with 235. Now to work on the left side pieces.
    I'd make getting the weapon your priority, like every RPG it is by far the most important part of your gear. In my case, upgrading from a leveling weapon to the PvP one almost doubled my healing output alone. By comparison, upgrading my leveling gear to 230/235 pieces was ~10% increase on that per piece. Still significant of course, but nothing like as significant.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you guys just run 4v4 Feast over and over?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    So you guys just run 4v4 Feast over and over?
    I did 8v8 Feast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I did 8v8 Feast.
    Same, though I throw in frontlines (shatter) now and then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Same, though I throw in frontlines (shatter) now and then.
    Yeah, it's just that I find Feast giving me faster and "easier" Wolf Marks compared to Shatter.

*Feast above, Frontline below.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing PLD (shit gear 205) no one even targeted me and i just ran around hitting other people. I have no idea what the goal of 8v8 is but we won. I got 500 marks for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Playing PLD (shit gear 205) no one even targeted me and i just ran around hitting other people. I have no idea what the goal of 8v8 is but we won. I got 500 marks for nothing.
    I'd say that as PLD in Feast, that's your job - be annoying and stun enemies, harass them.

With you having so much health and defense, most people aren't going to take you down first.