Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I thought tanks had been complaining about how dull tanking is, how the game is too easy, how threat management is a joke, etc, etc, etc. Actively swapping targets for threat generation and marking for DPS to focus on targets used to be a staple of tanking.

And don't all DPS have the enmity dump ability now?
    You haven't seen me complain about it . I quite like tanking in SB. The delicate dance of threat and DPS is engaging and rewarding for me. I quite like wrestling against the DPS/Healer for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You do realize, that a lob-pull is essentially a bodypull - 1 mob, yes?
    I do -0- threat to the other mobs AND am stuck in a 2.5s GCD, being able to do diddly squat.
    Lob pull is good though because you don't need to touch that mob for about 7 seconds which gives you time to focus on the others. Even though you're locked you still have CoS and SW to open with.

When there are 6-8 mobs, make sure you have FoF up so you can use that on CoS 1 flash, and then empty your TP into TE. Make sure while you're TE'ing that you're rotating auto's and SW/Cos on mobs to keep threat up. Remember if one gets away don't sweat it, unless it's like above 20% hp. Just Cover the person who drew aggro and keep on keepin on. You can provoke if you want, but that's not as fun as Cover IMO. If you don't have FoF up for the big pull you'll need probably a second or third flash after like 3-4 GCDs to keep threat until your second CoS.

I've just been leveling PLD in SB a little bit so far, though. Haven't run but one new dungeon. Still, seems more active than "flash should lock on all aggro" and then you just forget about it and become a would-be DPS.
    It is Although I'm still treating it as a would be DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I intend to do ex primals. How are those? Doable with a random party finder group or am I in for a big headache ?
    Susano is harder than Lakshmi IMO. I joined 3 learning parties for about an hour to 2 each. Maybe 5 hours total before securing a kill. My first learning party would likely have gotten the kill, but GF aggro took me away from them. Lakshmi I got it down in 5 pulls in a learning party. Would have been less If I wasn't shit with the extra action button.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Someone complaining on Reddit that Menagerie is too hard? REALLY?
    LOL I saw that.

People complained the Steps of Faith and Nidhogg were too hard. Personally, I think Menagerie is definitely harder than those two, but really fun as is. It's just typical "it's the first 2 weeks and not everyone has mastered the fight, therefore the fight is too hard" crap that happens with every single patch. Same thing happened for Weeping City as well.

Not happy is an understatement on my end.
    I completely understand the measure on the overpopulated realms that have hours long queue times and hundreds or thousands of AFK players that cause the problem in the first place. For servers that have no log in issues why the hell do we need to go through this shit? It's bullshit.

Can confirm there are high 1k queues for Omega. I play on it.
    Jeez. I suppose it's a blessing and a curse, though. So many people flocking there that they had to open another server, Louisoix, so the game's definitely growing there.

I thought at one point several months ago they said they were going to open 3 new EU servers, though. Seems to me that would be a good idea, at least on the surface.

- - - Updated - - -

People complained the Steps of Faith and Nidhogg were too hard. Personally, I think Menagerie is definitely harder than those two, but really fun as is. It's just typical "it's the first 2 weeks and not everyone has mastered the fight, therefore the fight is too hard" crap that happens with every single patch. Same thing happened for Weeping City as well.
    Wiping City Week 1 and 2 was the most fun I've had in any of the 24 mans. Actual fights with some bite to them? Hell yeah. I had terribly low expectations for WC after the snooze fest that was Void Ark...expectations were completely rewritten after WC (DS is probably the sweet spot for 24 man difficulty, imo).

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they ever nerf Wiping City or did people actually learn it?

It's definitely temporarily challenging. It's also a new fight so there aren't as many people versed on it (which won't be able to carry you as much) , I believe this is the main reason that it's getting known as a "hard fight".

As for my personal impression, it was fun and well put together, it definitely felt epic and you also need to pay attention to it. If you don't you either start messing your rotation up (which was my problem for the first 2 rounds) or you start dying to random stuff. It's objectively better to slack on your rotation than to not move when the water orb spawns (for instance).

I found that the water orb and the ice floor were the things that were setting people back the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Did they ever nerf Wiping City or did people actually learn it?
    People learned it; the fact they didn't cave in and nerf it made me respect them a bit more.

That said, WC was what, a year ago, so I may have forgotten some later nerfs. But they didn't do anything right when it came out...that much I do remember. People coming in there later in 260+ gear made it faceroll, so there really wasn't a need to nerf it.

Yeah, this whole forced disconnect thing on ALL servers is a fly-with-a-howitzer solution. It sucks, people are exploiting the game and keeping login queues insanely high, but don't punish all the players cos a couple servers have issues. Force those servers to re-log. Or better yet, fix the exploit...oh wait, that would take actual work...never mind...

Keep in mind there are two kinds of log in queues.

The first being that they only let in so many people at a time. Used to be 100, they nerfed it to 50. I actually started playing my alt (to get off Balmung for a bit), so I don't know if they unnerfed that. This queue is to prevent the server or software or whatever handles the transfers from being overwhelmend. (IE: Lobby to world, world to instance).

The second is the one you guys are talking about, where the world is actually full and you are waiting for people to log off.

I only bring it up because when you talk about the new servers, that is much more likely the "log in" queue, and not the "full world" queue.

I generally watch the numbers to tell which queue I'm in. If they are going down by 50 (or 100 or whatever number it is now) every time the screen updates, then I'm in the "log in" queue. That one is nice becuause you can predict how long you have to wait. It updates around 45 seconds to 1 min, it goes down by 50 or 100... you can do simple math.

If the screen is updating but the number is not going down, you're waiting for people to log off.

Evidence, since I'm really just guessing:
    That post where they said they were limiting the number of people who log in at a time.
    My anticdotal thing about watching the numbers.
    Everyone on the server got kicked one day due to a server error, and everyone in my discord was put into a queue but logging into an empty (progressivly fuller) world.

Lol. Yea. That's pretty stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I agree those countermeasures are pretty stupid, and should be applied only to full worlds.

They should also figure out a way to only log out people after 8 hours (or something) on those worlds. I mean, logging everyone off isn't going to help the screwed players get in... It's just going to cause a race where everyone tries to get back into the Q as fast as possible at the front of the line.

Rerunning Bardams Mettle it was bugging the shit out of me where those puppets on 3 wheel-legs were from, i just got it. They are the cardian guards from Windurst!

I can understand someone wanting to see the whole dungeon start to finish if they've never done it before. But if that wasn't the case, then throwing a fit over missing a boss is...incredidumb.

Speaking of incredidumb, I'll be so glad to get done with Allied Seals. Waiting on these boss FATEs is making me want to peel my face off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just been leveling PLD in SB a little bit so far, though. Haven't run but one new dungeon. Still, seems more active than "flash should lock on all aggro" and then you just forget about it and become a would-be DPS.
    It's been a while since I tanked as PLD (early HW) but I remember that it always needed more on the "FOTM" target than flash alone. Even with my DRK I needed to do more or my excellent non-random DPS would get the attention.

Granted though, since tank is not my main spec I was always around 20 item levels behind, maybe that's why I had to work harder.

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty tough. I'd imagine new players who do not know all prior primae could have serious problems.
    Also the timings are pretty unforgiving. I have good movement but even I get hit sometimes because I was forced to let the cast through to save butts.

It's understandable that some people will go "WTF is this".

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I can understand someone wanting to see the whole dungeon start to finish if they've never done it before. But if that wasn't the case, then throwing a fit over missing a boss is...incredidumb.

Speaking of incredidumb, I'll be so glad to get done with Allied Seals. Waiting on these boss FATEs is making me want to peel my face off.
    You're doing those? Eww. I would recommend joining an active hunt LS and/or using a tracker like the one on Ariyala's site (I would link but I cannot access it currently) to hunt down the ARR A ranks and kill them. 40 seals per, if you get full credit. Large amount of them are easily soloable now...which may make it a bit harder to kill them, too, since they are more prone to being sniped than ever before.

I had pretty much zero allied seals when 4.0 hit, and within 7-10 days, I had all the seals I needed to get max mount speed in all ARR zones. Granted, I was delayed on MSQ by Raubahn EX for 2 days, so I spent a fair amount of that pounding out those hunts for seals.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty tough. I'd imagine new players who do not know all prior primals could have serious problems.
    Problems with jump pots.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, if I create character to test if name is available, it'll free up instantly after deleting that specific character?

It would be interesting to know, with the current increase of duty finder dumbery on here, just how many people did in fact skip MSQ and use jump potions to level. Not saying this is the sole or even a majority reason, but there's a definite uptick in complaints at the moment with people being clueless. Just find it an interesting coincidence considering the guarantees that MSQ/Jump potions would have no bearing whatsoever on anything at all.

It could simply be a flood of more players with an expansion launch will always increase poor performance players among the swell, of course. I'm just saying it would be interesting to know.

Though if you use MSQ/level skip potion, you still keep the New player/Returning player icons right?

It's pretty tough. I'd imagine new players who do not know all prior primae could have serious problems.
    Also the timings are pretty unforgiving. I have good movement but even I get hit sometimes because I was forced to let the cast through to save butts.

It's understandable that some people will go "WTF is this".
    jump pots yo, the ride never ends

Problems with jump pots.
    Hehehe, beat me to it just a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    jump pots yo, the ride never ends
    They won't have any impact on anything, you're all freaking out over nothing!!!11!one!!11!

By the way, if I create character to test if name is available, it'll free up instantly after deleting that specific character?
    Yes.

/chrlimit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Yes.
    Thanks, wanted to check before I end up spending 7€ on name change and notice that name is unavailable.

On another note.. Odin is locked from new characters, so eh..