Deleted
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but will there be no raids available at launch? Primals/trials hardly count, in my book.

You'd think they'd learn from every single other MMO that failed due to little or inexistent endgame content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    The social account and membership accounts aren't linked. Upon successful registration of the 18 digit preorder key on the social site you will receive an email with a 20 digit key to input into you membership account. These will add the bonus's to your account.
    Not to be a nuisance, but on the preorder page, when I accessed my 'social account' at first it showed no registered games. After trying to add the code in a few times, Final Fantasy XIV randomly popped up under it. Does that not indicate that at least it recognized my code? If not, why is my code not working? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but will there be no raids available at launch? Primals/trials hardly count, in my book.

You'd think they'd learn from every single other MMO that failed due to little or inexistent endgame content.
    You're wrong, everything I've seen said that The Great Labyrinth of Bahamut and The Crystal Tower will be available at launch. So unless something changed I would expect them to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Not to be a nuisance, but on the preorder page, when I accessed my 'social account' at first it showed no registered games. After trying to add the code in a few times, Final Fantasy XIV randomly popped up under it. Does that not indicate that at least it recognized my code? If not, why is my code not working? D:
    Just wait, servers are getting destroyed and SE hasn't said anything so there's no reason to panic just yet.

Can someone clarify for me.

Yesterday on the 19th. I received an e-mail with the subject "Square-Enix, Inc. - FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package Now Available" this e-mail contained a 18 digit code called "Digital Rights" is this the code I need to enter in the early access website or not? Do I need to wait for them to send me another e-mail with the code I need to enter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its saying my pre order code is not working too. These guys over at Square should have been more prepared. Its not like MMOs and releases are a new thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad I don't have to deal with this mess, also happy they got rid of the PoL crap from XI. They really need to condense their sites and work on their communication. You would think after dealing with XI and other games that they would have better communication skills with the West. I feel sorry for everyone who is dealing with their account issues/pre order.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, there should not be multiple log ins for multiple sites. That is bad design, I dont care what part of the earth you live in. Bad business strat is bad.

The problem is that square did not build these applications internally. They out sourced both websites, neither are integrated, nor do they share data. . . . if they cant handle that. . how are they going to handle millions of players?

Suddenly I'm wondering if I should wait a few weeks before buying this game.

Stolen from another forum:

Right I've spoken to SE support again directly, this is the info fed to me:

Currently even though the page is live to the public, it's not actually working as intended.

- Don't use the http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/ (or na / jp) link(s) as it won't work.
    - Everyone will be notified, that entered their email address into the official site previously as to when the page is actually 'actively functioning' to redeem your codes.
    - The XXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX , 18 digit code you receive from your retailer you purchased the pre-order from IS the code you use @ http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/ but only to be used when the community (as a whole) is notified via email that the page is up and functioning officially for use. Support advised me to advise anyone, not to use the page until said notification email is received (he approximated within the next 24/48 hours)
    - I asked them "Is my code now void..." because the game is now registered against my SE account but on PC instead of PS3, they reassured me that the code will not be void and to try it again when the page is active. If it doesn't work, then to phone them directly and they will address it.

Hope this alleviates some concerns or confusion.
    To be fair I didn't recieve anything from SE saying the site was live.

Does this serial key nonsense apply to those that bought the direct download version of the game off SE?

The only email I received from them is this: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=t69zpe&s=5

No code no nothing...

The SE account service history part says this for me: Apr. 4, 2013 FINAL FANTASY XIV Registered .... but that was the beta no? I didnt buy the game till the 12th of August.

Ridiculously confused if I have early access or not lol (like everyone else I imagine).

Quote Originally Posted by Mukz View Post
    Does this serial key nonsense apply to those that bought the direct download version of the game off SE?

The only email I received from them is this: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=t69zpe&s=5

No code no nothing...

The SE account service history part says this for me: Apr. 4, 2013 FINAL FANTASY XIV Registered .... but that was the beta no? I didnt buy the game till the 12th of August.

Ridiculously confused if I have early access or not lol (like everyone else I imagine).
    You qualify for early access, they haven't sent out emails yet so nothing is out of the norm at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    will one with a level say 30 toon be able to play in a dungeon with his level 15 friend? Will the level 30 be scaled down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    will one with a level say 30 toon be able to play in a dungeon with his level 15 friend? Will the level 30 be scaled down?
    Yup, you would be scaled down.

Right, well I had gotten through the errors, but I guess with support confirmation that it's all hogwash, as well as not having gotten any email yet, I guess I'll "try again later".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DelonK View Post
    Well, I preordered it in the Square-Enix shop...
    If you pre-ordered it from the SE shop, then in the confirmation email you got, the key was at the bottom.

Product SKU: PC Download
    Product Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package
    Qty Ordered: 1
    Amount: $0.00
    Serial Number/Product Code: XXXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    other abilites I would like to use on my SMN is Aero, Thunder, and stoneskin (I think we are limited to 5?)
    Yeah, we are limited to 5 as SMN is a job.

I will probably go for the same abilities. SMN is a DoT class, so more DoTs will be better than direct damage, cast time skills as you won't be taking any skill speed.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    If you pre-ordered it from the SE shop, then in the confirmation email you got, the key was at the bottom.

Got that, but code is not working....

Quote Originally Posted by Horkshir View Post
    Got that, but code is not working....
    None of them are, the site isn't officially live yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    So I have been looking through all the abilities to see what I would be subbing on my Summoner and wondering if everyone is going to come to the same 2-3 basic abilities on all DD?

Blood for Blood Lancer lv 34 20% Damage increase/25% damage taken increase for 20 seconds CD 80s, The level 4 Archer ability 20% damage for 20 seconds CD 180s, and the puglist 20% crit for 20s CD 120?

-blood for blood seems automatic 80s CD is hard to beat....no guts no glory
    -the archer ability seems like it will be likely, but that might be my WoW thinking kicking in from the CDs you see in that game.
    - the puglist ability im not sure since I dont know the crit mod. is it 100%? if so I think it might be an auto include as well. If it is only 50% then it might be iffy

other abilites I would like to use on my SMN is Aero, Thunder, and stoneskin (I think we are limited to 5?)
    Keep in mind the moment you equip the job crystal, you'll lose access to all those abilities as a SMN.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post

Only true for the NA shop though. EU did not get a code.