Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    WILL HE COME WITH THE SONG AGAIN?!???!

That's amazing. I need that in my life.

I thought this FF13:LR trailer would be relevent to 14

Deleted
    man thats just bad, on another note, are SE trying to make lighting the next big character or something? if they are, not really working, maybe they are trying to dust off cloud or something but that isnt gonna happen ;/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think it's bad when they put more work into customizing/vanity in LR than they did in 14, sucks that unless things change we won't even get vanity slots till 2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    man thats just bad, on another note, are SE trying to make lighting the next big character or something? if they are, not really working, maybe they are trying to dust off cloud or something but that isnt gonna happen ;/
    Cloud is Squaresoft's. Lightning is Square-Enix's.

Never going to happen.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post

Never going to happen.
    Wut? but it's the same company whether many bad changes have been made or not since Enix and Square merged it's still the same thing and characters are still owned by Square Enix.

Now if you were to go into territory like who owns the rights to everything that is say Xenogears then that's where it gets a little different because it wasn't Square that made it in it's entirety and they honestly cared little about it while working on FF8(which is why Monolith Soft was formed because of bad decisions). Point is FF7(and all the others before the merger) are owned entirely by SE and they could use their likeness in anything they want. Only reason why Lightning will be in 14 is nothing more than trying to show off their latest poster child and get people hyped for her game which may or may not suck a little less than the last 2 in the trilogy.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-09-27 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And? Square-Enix still owns the rights for those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Wut? but it's the same company whether many bad changes have been made or not since Enix and Square merged it's still the same thing and characters are still owned by Square Enix.

Now if you were to go into territory like who owns the rights to everything that is say Xenogears then that's where it gets a little different because it wasn't Square that made it in it's entirety and they honestly cared little about it while working on FF8(which is why Monolith Soft was formed because of bad decisions). Point is FF7(and all the others before the merger) are owned entirely by SE and they could use their likeness in anything they want. Only reason why Lightning will be in 14 is nothing more than trying to show off their latest poster child and get people hyped for her game which may or may not suck a little less than the last 2 in the trilogy.
    Not my point. It's about the fanbase, and what the merge did to it.

If they do turn lightning into a poster girl, it'll be Square-enix's, and nostalgia + the quality of recent works compared to older works dictates that the poster girl of Square-Enix will never be on the same level than Squaresoft's poster boy.\

As far as "dusting off Cloud" goes, Lightning will have no impact on it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not my point. It's about the fanbase, and what the merge did to it.

If they do turn lightning into a poster girl, it'll be Square-enix's, and nostalgia + the quality of recent works compared to older works dictates that the poster girl of Square-Enix will never be on the same level than Squaresoft's poster boy.\

As far as "dusting off Cloud" goes, Lightning will have no impact on it.
    Here's the thing though, you honestly think Square cares about it's fanbase? Hell they've given us 3 games with Lightning in them so far even when there's been far more outcry than blind idiots who will follow the company to the end of the world. If they want to put Cloud or any other FF character in any of their games they have the right to do so whether the fanbase says otherwise or not.

Almost all characters that have ever come out of Enix and Squaresoft now belong to SquareEnix whether fans like it or not. If they suddenly resurrected an older game just burn it to the ground and bury it again the fans have no input on it even if people liked the characters.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-09-28 at 01:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Well, she already is, she has 3 stand-alone games. I don't mind, I like her character. Plus it's an awesome cross-promotion. Only other game i can compare to that does it is WoW and they want you to buy a special edition of a game to get a pet in the other game, Squeenix is making a free FATE that gives you free cosmetics, nothing really bad about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmm... if Square Enix didn't want to milk on FF7 then there was no reason to make Advent Children in 2005 or games further than that.

Oh not to mention Dissidia which milks on ALL fan service.

... oh wait, FFXIV is all fan service too. I'm so confused on what the problem is, not to the point of "they can do what they want" but more so why it's wrong for square enix to touch cloud, which they've done time and time again...

Square-Enix can do what ever they want though, if you haven't noticed the game is just a GIIIIAANT mash up. Hell one of the raids is the final dungeon of FF3, your dragoon armor IS Kain's armor, can't really get more mash uppy than that imo.
    Last edited by Tazila; 2013-09-28 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem isn't them using fanservice, it's them using fanservice to cross promote. They are using the Cloud costume in Lightning Returns to promote the game by using an extremely popular character. They're using the Lightning FATE to promote the same game. It just doesn't sit well with me. The Gold Saucer, Crystal Tower, Magitek Armor, etc are all fanservice actually meant for the fans...not to sell some stupid game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    The problem isn't them using fanservice, it's them using fanservice to cross promote. They are using the Cloud costume in Lightning Returns to promote the game by using an extremely popular character. They're using the Lightning FATE to promote the same game. It just doesn't sit well with me. The Gold Saucer, Crystal Tower, Magitek Armor, etc are all fanservice actually meant for the fans...not to sell some stupid game.
    Oh, I didn't know that it was suppose to make me buy a new game anymore so than say putting in Crystal Tower was suppose to make me rebuy an old game. I guess I'm less impressionable than I thought. Q Q

I guess that's why I consider it more fanservice than a selling tactic. Business wise, yeah I could totally see it, personally, if anything they put in the game did cause me to buy anything from them, it would be the constant fanservice to the old games that would cause me to rebuy the ones I don't have, but def not buy the new game because of a temporary fate and vanity gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I just saw a commercial for this game on Syfy. It started with some guy's arm transforming and the stardust rod appeared for a split second and I was like "wut"

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Well, she already is, she has 3 stand-alone games. I don't mind, I like her character. Plus it's an awesome cross-promotion. Only other game i can compare to that does it is WoW and they want you to buy a special edition of a game to get a pet in the other game, Squeenix is making a free FATE that gives you free cosmetics, nothing really bad about it.
    Lightning dos not have 3 stand alone games. She has 1: Lightning returns. The first one there was no main character, if anything fang and vanille were the main characters. It rotated between everyone. The second game Sarah and Noah are the main characters again while lightning played a part more in the development of the story then the main character.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is what exactly? As long as it turns out interesting and good so what? And I still don't think the cloud outfit is to attract the fanbase but more of a loyalty reward for long time final fantasy players. If it was cloud in the game yea that's def trying to get the old fan base to buy the game, but it's lightning. It doesn't matter what she wears it's still her.

I'm fine with what they're currently doing as far as "fanservice" goes, it's a hell of a lot better than Blizzard where the "fanservice" is you buying one game to actually get the goodies in the game you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, it happened like I thought. Our FC group broke up during Coil progression. Time to recruit start over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, it happened like I thought. Our FC group broke up during Coil progression. Time to recruit start over again.
    Look at it this way those who remain in the game WILL be in it for the long haul.

Besides to break up over something NO ONE has been able to do yet is kinda silly. This game will be for those who are willing to spend time doing things and yes die...ALOT.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kind of silly to break up over Turn 5 when from everything I've heard/read its nigh impossible to do it with current ilvl. But eh.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Kind of silly to break up over Turn 5 when from everything I've heard/read its nigh impossible to do it with current ilvl. But eh.
    It's not the ilvl(it does need some amount of high end gear though) so much as it is the rng mechanics. The boss goes in the air every now and then and divebombs a random player, even if that player moves pre-emptively there is a 95% chance they will still get hit and if the boss doesn hit that person then she somehow hits another and said divebomb is an insta-kill. She also has random rng for the tank where she'll use 2 abilities at the same time with no warning and insta-gib the tank.

The fight mechanics are unforgiving to begin with but the issues with random rng prevent anyone from getting the kill, mainly because the boss does these abilities so much that even if you were to survive one or 2 the next would always kill someone. What I wouldn't doubt will happen is they'll continue saying CT gear is needed(even though myth and coil drops are ilvl 90 compared to Ct's 80) and "suddenly" when the patch comes out groups start downing it because problems on the fight were fixed and they won't even mention they were.

I honestly wouldn't doubt that they just do not want this fight to be completable until 2.1 comes out so they keep players that are that far banging their heads on the boss in an attempt to get them to continue playing. Sounds really shitty but so far there have been multiple guilds working on this thing since week 2 of launch and not a single one has downed it(they've had more than enough chances for gear with turns 1,2,4 and random myth pieces).
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-09-28 at 05:29 AM.