10+ Year Old Account
    I picked AST, while less reliable is far more interesting and fun in game play.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm focusing on SCH and DRG simultaneously for now. I'd go with only SCH, but enemy HP seems to have ramped up in Heavensward content, so soloing as SCH is almost as boring as watching paint dry now. (Sadly this does mean I already have to grind a bit, since main + sidequests aren't enough for even two jobs)
    After that, either AST or MCH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck it, I'm sticking SMN. New jobs are FOTM anyway so I can just do them later on.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I was under the impression that being level 50 was the only pre-requisite so my entire reason for buying the expansion was so I could play around with the new classes and maybe see if they brought any solo content in. So I'm just bitter that I can't do either of those two until I do all this busywork..

this is entirely on your fault, they said many times that the MSQ was required. be bitter to yourself, this game is made centered around the story, if you can't deal with it than return to wow where whining gets you what you want and the story is in books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Eventually yes; but which one first is the million dollar question.
    White Mage. Not even a contest for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    this is entirely on your fault, they said many times that the MSQ was required. be bitter to yourself, this game is made centered around the story, if you can't deal with it than return to wow where whining gets you what you want and the story is in books.
    Except, y'know, not everyone follows FFXIV news. If someone just listens to the hype, like myself, and visits the store page then there is no way they could know.

Here is the official store page: https://store.na.square-enix.com/pro...rd-pc-download

This is where I bought it: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...eavensward-na/

Neither site mentions the main scenario requirements. Nor do any of the emails Square Enix sent me advertising the game. All the advertisements highlighted the jobs pretty much and how awesome the game was going to be. So I really don't see how it's my fault outside of falling for their flashy advertisements.

This argument is soooo 3 pages ago though. The poor, poor horse is nothing but a pile of gore now. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    This argument is soooo 3 pages ago though. The poor, poor horse is nothing but a pile of gore now. RIP
    I was under the impression that it became dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    I was under the impression that it became dust.
    Nah, paste then fertilizer for grass... which was fed to another horse to be beaten to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    FATES maybe? You can also do the daily ques such as low level dungeon, high level and so on which reward a decent chunk of exp.
    Finally level 53, took plenty of FATEs and two days worth of roulette bonuses. At least I got bonus experience from FATEs as Dragoon was already at higher level.

Can't really imagine starting to grind other classes anytime soon, even those couple first levels almost killed me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    no the power of being a summoner with all these snazzy skills has not gotten to my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Least SMN got some useful AoEs.
    Yet, still can't summon a Carbuncle ... a pet a Lv 4 ACN can summon. Some Summoner.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Yet, still can't summon a Carbuncle ... a pet a Lv 4 ACN can summon. Some Summoner.
    pls why must you remind me of that pain

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Finally level 53, took plenty of FATEs and two days worth of roulette bonuses. At least I got bonus experience from FATEs as Dragoon was already at higher level.

Can't really imagine starting to grind other classes anytime soon, even those couple first levels almost killed me.
    Yeah I'm going to wait till I'm 60 myself on my Ninja who's 56 at the moment. I'm taking it slowly and enjoying the sights as there's plenty of time before raids unlock. I'll be leveling my Monk and Bard right after I get 60 though. Was tempted to level my Machinist because of the instant DPS ques... but eh I don't feel like going through old dungeons at the moment. I can't get into it as it seems somewhat of a boring class but that could be the lack of abilities early on.

On a side note, did they make the relic weapon quest line easier to finish? I remember reading somewhere that they were going to make certain parts of it easier to finish. I'd love to finish my Monks for those sexy claws.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2015-06-23 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Was tempted to level my Machinist because of the instant DPS ques... but eh. I can't get into it as it seems somewhat of a boring class but that could be the lack of abilities early on.
    I'm not sure about other classes situation in 50+ areas, but at least Machinist is quite pain in the ass to level since I've zero defensive cooldowns and no selfhealing outside of potions. And most of the time RNG isn't on my side.

Split Shot, Split Shot, Split Shot, Split Shot, Split Shot, Split Shot, Split Shot, Split Shot, Split Shot, Split Shot, Split Shot, Split Shot,.. oh come on, proc the darn Slug Shot already.

At least AoE Turret is handy since it can tank mobs while I'm taking them down one by one..

That's pretty much how I feel with the abilities. Outside of CDs I just keep spamming Split Shot because even at 50% it never seems to proc so I end up spamming one ability most of the time. I'll stick with it for now though as the theme of the class interests me and you get to use turrets.. so whatever lol.

...God dammit the game just crashed on me while taking a screenshot and I can't log back in. I don't get why the game sometimes does this when I take a screenshot </3.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2015-06-23 at 12:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking on crashes, I wonder what happened couple hours ago.

My whole FC got booted from the server, and based on zone chat, many others as well but still there was almost 500 queue to get in.

The last illustration countdown.

I updated the FAQ too.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ravana's theme post-transition is so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Everything about Ravana is awesome. I loved that fight as a Ninja. Kept me on my toes the entire time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Ravana surprised me. I was like "i bet you phase 2 music I'll hate like most of the other phase change music" but no I was pleasantly surprised by it.

So i got to 60 yesterday with my AST.

Diurnal stance is good, nocturnal is bad. They messed with the dps skill... seriously what were they thinking giving us our most damaging skill at level 52 and 54 ? -_-

Homophobia is so gay.