10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintania View Post
    Flash is your best friend forever.
    fixed :P. Lots of paladins underestimate flash when aoe tanking.

Edit: Or maybe they overestimate it, sense you usually have to spam it to hold hate against an aoeing blm.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I just got to the part of the story where you're supposed to use the duty finder for a dungeon group. But it keeps putting me in as a tank. As a gladiator, I really didn't expect to be thrown off the deep end. Is there an alternative?
    You can switch your class to something else easily enough. If you want to be a melee DPS I'd recommend heading to the Lancer's Guild in Gridania. It shouldn't take you too long to catch up if you don't want to continue ahead as a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got to the part of the story where you're supposed to use the duty finder for a dungeon group. But it keeps putting me in as a tank. As a gladiator, I really didn't expect to be thrown off the deep end. Is there an alternative?
    Like others said, change classes. But don't feel to down, a lot of people are willing to help out in the game. I tend to be a lot more patient when someone goes "Hey guys this is my first time tanking it!" and usually when people do that, others will help out.

That said the tank classes are: Gladiator (becomes Paladin), Marauder(becomes Warrior)
    DPS classes are: Thaumaturge (becomes Black Mage), Arcanist (Becomes Summoner), Lancer (becomes Dragoon), Pugilist (becomes Monk), Rogue (becomes Ninja), Archer (becomes Bard)
    Healer classes are: Conjurer (becomes White Mage) and Scholar (builds out of Arcanist, have to do your level 30 scholar quest before you can heal)

I'm forcing myself to complete another of the books for my atma weapon today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go in the dungeon, let them know first time tanking, if anyone there has a tank class themselves most of them they are quite happy to show you the right way to do it.

i think the only problem in low lvl dungeons is the dps output vs the threat generation output. several of the dps classes do so much dmg that they easily steal the agroo from even the most experienced tanks so its best if you explain that you are new and if they could hold back abit till you have good agroo
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

As long as you listen to the advices people give you, it's fine. What annoys me is when people don't listen at all... i vote kick them.

(And i speak german, french and english so yeah.... they have no reason)

Homophobia is so gay.

I know how you feel. I took the time to level all classes to 30 just so I could unlock all the jobs, and when I was leveling marauder and gladiator, I wanted to queue for faster XP, and I did, but it was always so stressful going into the dungeon. I didn't get any crap from people and I think I generally did a good job, but it just really stressed me out.

Tanking just stresses some people out, but I can tell you it's not too hard. Oddly enough, I had an easier time tanking with Marauder, which you're going to want to level anyway, I think. Just look at your abilities, figure out what you will need to use and when, and do it. Inform the party that you are new, people usually are patient in this game.

Why i can't go higher than second serpent lieutenant?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Because they haven't added in the rest of the ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    That's the highest available rank in game atm. The other ranks are there, but are expected to be attainable with the increase in level cap with the Heavensward expansion.

10+ Year Old Account

Perfected my Dargon girl. Now I just have to be patient.

Woaw she's gorgeous.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you! I've been messing with the chara creation off and on for a few days. I was actually getting kind of bummed because I couldn't find an Au Ra that I liked, and I wanted one in blue but for what ever reason I didn't like how some of the skin colors looked and the face was bothering me a bit. I just kept at it til I was like YUP, that's my Au Ra! =D

I'll be sticking with my Midlander. Especially since I recently got some art drawn of him:

Semi-NSFW: http://i.imgur.com/FpliO6K.jpg

I might make an Au Ra alt when the initial hype dies down a bit though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that it'll be even between cats and dragons even once the hype dies down. I tend to switch races every couple of months, but I enjoy dragons so I'll prolly stay with dragon for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post

I love this one
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post

Very nice! I still need to mess around with the benchmark some more. Unfortunately I don't really have a theme in mind. :S My fourth Au'Ra attempt after seeing this artwork ( the au'ra talking to the lalafel)

Hello! I just started playing FFXIV recently and I'm in love! I have yet to sub but will be soon (the free month that came with the game runs out in just under 2 weeks) so I thought I'd check and see if anyone wants to do the recruit-a-friend thing before I buy a game time card.

I'm also super pumped for the Au Ra, I'm definitely going to change my character into one. The girls are so cute! This is most likely what mine will look like. :'D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'll be sticking with my Midlander. Especially since I recently got some art drawn of him:

Semi-NSFW: http://i.imgur.com/FpliO6K.jpg

I might make an Au Ra alt when the initial hype dies down a bit though.
    I was really pleased with that piece. Brings out your character's playful side.

As for the Au Ra, I'll be making a male one, possibly along the lines of a blood elf felblood in appearance. I'll be likely to avoid the females entirely. The only races which allow for me to create females to my liking are Highlanders and, to a lesser degree, Elezen.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.