*jumps back into relevance* So I was taking a break to play WoW again because my friends were pestering me, but I'm back now

God I missed this game, you can see the change in community almost immediately

I may also be looking at a promotion to officer within my guild, apparently I'm just the kind of dedicated lore elitist they're looking for

Deleted
    You know, I knew Sleipnir was nordic and I still didn't make the connection. I'm slow, or maybe more tired than I realised.

Yeah, insomnia, much fun /s. I'm glad you had a good night though. I understand the US time zone not being an issue now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    *jumps back into relevance* So I was taking a break to play WoW again because my friends were pestering me, but I'm back now

I may also be looking at a promotion to officer within my guild, apparently I'm just the kind of dedicated lore elitist they're looking for
    Well, welcome back and congratulations

FFXIV's community is pretty awesome overall. There's bad apples, of course - as is the case anywhere - but there's nowhere near as much negativity or discontent as in certain other MMO's. I really like ESO but the 'community' was very lacking. It just felt like a glorified single player game.

Plus there's always a lot of players wherever I choose to hang out - be it in my FC's house, The Gold Saucer, Limsa, Ishgard...or any of the end game hubs. Plus all the people doing stuff out in the wilds like gathering, FATE's and quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    FFXIV's community is pretty awesome overall. There's bad apples, of course - as is the case anywhere - but there's nowhere near as much negativity or discontent as in certain other MMO's. I really like ESO but the 'community' was very lacking. It just felt like a glorified single player game.

Plus there's always a lot of players wherever I choose to hang out - be it in my FC's house, The Gold Saucer, Limsa, Ishgard...or any of the end game hubs. Plus all the people doing stuff out in the wilds like gathering, FATE's and quests.
    You sound so much more gregarious than me. I still need to try to find an FC. I'd actually found one on my other server I really liked the sound of but then I went back to this character. And about 75% of me can't be bothered with having to deal with people, and the other 25% is shouting at me about what I'm missing out on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unsync'd Levi pony farm is hard LOL.

GOT MY LEVI PONY! 2 down, 4 more to go!
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2015-09-04 at 07:03 AM.

Deleted
    175/200 for my war lion!!!
    I can almost taste sweet sweet victory!!
    Starting panther after!

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post

I feel ya there. My friend dragged me back to WoW to help their raiding guild in 6.2 and I quit again after 3 weeks. I always have to readjust my attitude ingame when I switch between the two games.

...and the strange hours are very strange, aren't they? It's mostly insomnia in my case. Though I've been having a lot of fun in-game with my FC for the past few hours!
    I suffer from insomnia myself. Some fun stuff happens late at night thats for sure. Especially in dungeons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Other people who don't sleep! \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I always have to readjust my attitude ingame when I switch between the two games.
    Why?
    I play both games with the same no insults policy.
    I am however very direct and will point out stuff that is slowing the group down.

Are the CNJ and tank mounts specific to the class you play, or can any class use them once they've been unlocked?

So far I've gotten the Leviathan and Shiva mounts, I love them. I saw the Nightmare mount drop once, didn't win it though. Still need to get 4 more weapons from Shiva before I can finally stop, ran that at least 65 times now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    Are the CNJ and tank mounts specific to the class you play, or can any class use them once they've been unlocked?

So far I've gotten the Leviathan and Shiva mounts, I love them. I saw the Nightmare mount drop once, didn't win it though. Still need to get 4 more weapons from Shiva before I can finally stop, ran that at least 65 times now.
    You can use them as any class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    http://www.mmomounts.com/ffxiv-mounts

These horse-type mounts remind me of WoW Troll hair and skin color schemes lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well the primal ponies are coloured akin to their appropriate primal. Red/Orange = Ifrit, White/Green = Garuda and so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I should really get that CNJ mount - I love hoarding mounts and pets in MMO's.
    Not a pet person. The only pet I ever wanted want that damn Opo from Brayflox HM, so I can pretend I'm Indiana Jones. It dropped the first run after release. I figured it would be common, so I passed to the pet-crazy-collector-girl in the FC. Saw it once more ever since then, even though Bray was the "farming dungeon" that patch.

I do like mounts. SLEEK mounts. Hate massive mounts. I like randomizing my mounts. I had the choco, black choco, and that CNJ mount. I refused to click the magitech mount for almost a year, until one day I accidently did. Pissed me off to no end that it was now in my mount roulette. Then SE forced upon me that dragon... and that airship. Did I mention that I hate big mounts?

Now I have three choices. Manually mount my choco (my current choice). Farm up all the ponies so that the massive mounts are less likely to roulette. Or complain to SE until they allow you to select the mounts in your roulette. I'm still on the fence about which of those last two options would be harder.
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2015-09-04 at 03:57 PM.

Once there are more flying mounts, I hope they make 2 mount roulettes, one for ground mounts and one for fliers.

edit: I... I cant stop watching this video! I LOVE IT!

Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2015-09-04 at 04:42 PM.

Finally about to get into Heavensward content. Man those cutscenes for the last few quests are long! But I do love how the story keeps staying relevant and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Once there are more flying mounts, I hope they make 2 mount roulettes, one for ground mounts and one for fliers.

edit: I... I cant stop watching this video! I LOVE IT!

Manderville Man/10

How many votes does it take in a 4-man dungeon to kick someone, and can you vote to kick multiple times? :P

Little rant - my friend and I got into an Aery group last night with essentially two trolls buddies in it. I should've known it would be an awful run when I made conversation to pass the time while my friend watched the cutscene, mentioned maybe this would be the time I would get the Lesser Panda, to which one troll said, "I hope not". These guys would do massive pulls, ignore all the damage mechanics, and not assist with any of the 'kill this target' mechanics on bosses. I've been healing long enough to know how to deal with that though, so I just let it slide. Eventually we got to the last boss, and my friend would get the Sable on him, the other DPS refused to help out, and my friend died. I ressed him, we continued through the shield phase, and then it happened again. Eventually we wiped because I was out of mana, my friend was still dead, and then Estinein died (in all the times I've run Aery for the pet, I've never once had to heal him post-shield before).

Immediately the two trolls freak out and tell me to do my job properly, to which I tell them to do the same. Their response is that I should only heal Estinein, and that DPS on the boss is the only thing that matters. The next attempt I got Sabled three times, and fortunately my friend was able to break me out, but they were saying not to bother with it because one of the trolls was a SMN and could just combat res (what brilliant logic to tell me to heal harder and yet still allow me die multiple times, plus I highly doubt the SMN would've even bothered). The entire time they're taunting me about being lazy because I'm too focused on the pet (because obviously the fastest way to get loot from the boss is to intentionally wipe the group, /eyeroll).

Could my friend and I have kicked one/both of them? Could they have done the same to us? What would you do in a situation like that? Technically I don't think anything they were doing was reportable, and my friend doesn't have much time to play during the week for us to take the quitting penalty, requeue later, and do it all over again. We won after the second attempt, thankfully they were kind enough to just leave without saying anything. No pet, but at least I didn't have to watch one of them get it, either.
    Last edited by Forumchibi; 2015-09-05 at 02:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only time that two people can kick two people is if two are offline/DC'd. Other than that you need three for a kick.
    Also, only one person can only kick one person within a window. So in the case that we kicked two offline people, I vote kicked one, my fiance vote kicked the other, but again, they where offline, so the two votes were all that were needed.

Well I'm glad to know at least that they couldn't have kicked us, either. I figured was the case, so I let them say their spiel and stayed quiet for the rest of it to avoid feeding them further. Thanks!