Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    yeah. huge cast time. just hide behind a pillar. not hard to avoid. if the priest in question is getting off enough mana burns too OOM you, you're just awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think manaburn is perfectly fine and I play several healing classes in PvP. They are rather easy to LoS. 2.5 second cast , just increase your awareness a bit.

Chevelle founder and Guild Master of<Divide and Conquer> @ Frostmane EU
    Also please follow me on Twitter

Deleted
    Didn't Blizzard state that 2v2 PvP won't ever be balanced as that would be impossible and they want arenas to be more about teamplay (3s and 5s)? The same way as duels will never be balanced? As far as I can tell, any problems with mana burn are in 2s only, it's not viable to use in other brackets and if it got a cooldown (let's say 10s), it would be useless as you would hardly burn anyone's mana to such extent that it would get them oom...

People who complain about Mana Burn being OP seemingly:

-Don't know how to interrupt
    -Don't know how to LoS

Like, seriously....it's a ~2.5 second cast. If a Priest is chain Mana Burning you, you're doing something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Vook is a wise man!

Mana Burn is just fine. it's a long cast time, and pretty easy to interrupt. i rarely see people spam it on the higher ratings ( +2.4k )

Meh at this point i just use manaburn as a juke so i can free heal afterwards.. The chances of actually getting them off without a grounding down, or the resto druid switching to bear form, or the paladin line of sighting is next to 0. All the melee dps do seem to love to interrupt them though!

First off... if ur a shaman getting mana burn spammed you are doing something HORRIBLY wrong... u have grounding, wind shear, LOS, tremor for fears, and most of all dude, ur running with a DK... DKs eat priests for breakfast, ur partner should be on the priest, and u should NEVER ever be getting mana burned man... that means ur sitting in LOS of the priest for 2.5 seconds and letting that happen without as much as a windshear.

OT: What i think about mana burn... i dont think its OP. i think it USED to be OP when u can get the cast time to a global with cooldowns and it had practically no penalty. If you allow a priest to mana burn more than one time u are bad, hands down. its a 2.5 second cast for christ sake. its an easy interrupt or LOS. Honestly the people that complain are 99% of the time 1800 ish rated or below. Sorry but the ability does not need to be nurfed or taken out of the game. You guys just need to learn to play TBH. just my 2 cents. (i play both a priest and a shaman BTW)
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Deleted
    i wouldnt say its op in arena.
    1. its very easy to avoid (interrupt / los / have your dps focus on priest / CC).
    2. its fairly high on mana.
    3. a priest healer wont have time to mana burn if theres a lot of healing needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    in every single arena ive been in, as a disc priest, i mana burn people to 0% and they actually regen mana fast enough to keep their mates alive anyway... esp HPals...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    People who complain about Mana Burn being OP seemingly:

-Don't know how to interrupt
    -Don't know how to LoS

Like, seriously....it's a ~2.5 second cast. If a Priest is chain Mana Burning you, you're doing something wrong.
    This. Why are you letting a Priest just free cast in the first place? Why are you not putting enough pressure on the Priest's partner to make them need to heal or even pressure on the Priest?

As a Priest and PvP Mod, I'm getting quite tired of these threads. Especially the comparison to Viper Sting and Drain Mana.

Its OP, and unfair that they took it from locks and hunters but not priests (and no, i don't play a hunter or a lock)

and that sound...oh god that sound it makes is like rusty nails on the chalkboard of my soul.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Its OP
    Just because you don't know how to interrupt/LoS doesn't mean something is "OP".
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the **** would you allow a priest to stand and freecast mana burns? The logic is flawed because mana burn only becomes a real problem not with one application but with several and we are talking a 2.5 sec cast time here people, that is an eternity in pvp. I hate the expression L2P almost as much as i hate the expression noob. This is however a Learn-to-become-more-experinced-with-the-mechanics-of-manaburn-to-find-a-window-somwhere-in-those-5 to 7.5 secs-to interrupt or LOS-issue.

and unfair that they took it from locks and hunters but not priests (and no, i don't play a hunter or a lock)
    If you think the reason those two things were taken away was because "they drained mana" then you really have no understanding at all about the differences between the Priest spell and those two...

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    If you think the reason those two things were taken away was because "they drained mana" then you really have no understanding at all about the differences between the Priest spell and those two...
    i couldnt agree more with you.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Its OP, and unfair that they took it from locks and hunters but not priests (and no, i don't play a hunter or a lock)
    So, a list especially for you:

Drain Mana: Instant - Channeled, drains mana from second 1, the warlock gains the mana, so the spell costs from tick 1 on nothing (not that a warlock have mana problems). Didn't get interruptet from running of line of sight. Don't break cc
    Viper Sting: Instant, a poison, that could be dispelled by druids, shamans and paladins. Don't break CC
    Mana Burn: 2.5 seconds castingtime, costs 14% base mana, get interrupted if the target runs out of line of sight. Does per 1 point mana drain 0,5 points shadow damage, for cata-healh-bars a joke, but it breaks CC.

And for OP: if you say that you get permanenty feared from the priest, you do something funtamentally wrong: a shadow priest can reduce the CD of Psychic Scream (it works only on melee range) by 4 seconds, so it have 26 sec cooldown. and every 1 1/2 minutes (with glyph) he can cast a horror-effect on you for 3 seconds.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2011-11-04 at 09:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If a Shadow Priests reduces his Psychic Scream CD to the lowest it can go, he will DR his Fear. I think you have to wait a second or two before casting it again. Not to mention that Mana Burn will break that Fear effect.

A good Paladin will rarely be seen in a place to put a DoT on, let alone a Mana Burn "spam" session. A good Druid will be able to shift every time (trust me on this).

There should be little discussion to this. It was dangerous for Hunters to have Viper String as they could plant it and continue doing their damage, the DoT stays on if you manage to CC or LoS the Hunter. A Warlock's Drain Mana would follow you behind a pillar, unless you interrupt or CC him, his cast will continue for full duration if you let the cast land (channel effects ftw). A Priest has to cast for 2.4-6~ seconds, which is a fair amount of time in the game, and it takes a chunk out his mana as well (plus he's not healing and standing in the open!).

I've seen some fantastic video guides on healer positioning in most Arena maps. I suggest you look for them or find them yourself rather than bring up archaic topics which you could Search for in the Priest and PvP forum to be told the same thing every time.

My 3s team is boomkin/warlock/discpriest and very rarely does our disc priest get to mana burn, me and the boomkin take way to much damage, for there to be sufficient time for a good mana burning
    I guess we're just really bad at putting on pressure...
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

10+ Year Old Account
    To those that think mana burn needs a nerf, learn to play... It has a cast time which can easy be cancelled getting out of line of sight. Mana burn needs a buff instead of a nerf, because imo the spell is useless in arena.

For all those people qq'ing about how locks and hunters lost their "mana burn" it's because their mana burn gave them mana back, hunters lost theirs as they no longer used mana as a resource. Mana burn doesnt bother me that much its insanely easy to avoid; los/interupt/cc priest. I have experience playing priest, shammy, paladin and druid in arena at 2k+ rating and have never had an issue with priest mana burning as long as you can keep the pressure up on them/thier team mates and know how to avoid it.